Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

Just now, Poisestate said:

Yeah cause he was their first no wait, second, no wait third choice... 

If he is hired it is a Fiscal one. I am fine with it but I hate poor marketing attempts to sell you something. 

I agree with what you say . But the University would never come out and say well we had to settle for our third choice because we couldn't afford who we really wanted. 

Nevertheless, whoever they hire should feel welcomed by all BSU fans and receive continued support until the results say otherwise. 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

I agree with what you say . But the University would never come out and say well we had to settle for our third choice because we couldn't afford who we really wanted. 

Nevertheless, whoever they hire should feel welcomed by all BSU fans and receive continued support until the results say otherwise. 

The only reason I will be actual pissed is if the hire Choate and we don't get a massive discount until he proves himself. When he proves himself then I will be the first to say PAY THE MAN.  

I was also the guy that was like "Why in the F#$^%CK are we paying Harsin 1.8 mil for this garbage! 

1 hour ago, Poisestate said:

If they are going to go with Choate then it better be a sweetheart deal financially for BSU. He is makin 209K at MSU so there is no reason to jump him by 1 mil as some posters think he should be making. He has proved nothing and should only be paid when he does.   700K sounds fair and is more then enough for a guy that is 28-22 at MSU.

Yep. 700k sounds right. He can get the higher rates when he starts winning. Despite being higher now, think Norvell made 450k when he started out here. 

I like a Chaote hire from everything that people say about him. And maybe that dip in pay can be spent on high quality assistants.

Just now, bornontheblue said:

I think that could be a real possibility 

Remember when Spencer Danielson reversed course and said he was staying?   My bet is he's Andy's new DC in training. Andy pulls the strings until Spencer is ready.  And that will be sooner than later because SD is a stud coach and recruiter.

Okay big question now is who becomes OC?

Kiesau stay?

Matt Miller at WR coach still?

Venable RB coach? Maybe moves to OLB coach to take place of Zac Alley - who left to ULM?

Bedell left for Auburn.

Riddle is the only original Harsin staffer left - and he's still at Boise?

I think Brown/Franklin/Danielson could stay on Defensive side. Schmedding left to coach LBs at Auburn.

10 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Okay big question now is who becomes OC?

Kiesau stay?

Matt Miller at WR coach still?

Venable RB coach? Maybe moves to OLB coach to take place of Zac Alley - who left to ULM?

Bedell left for Auburn.

Riddle is the only original Harsin staffer left - and he's still at Boise?

I think Brown/Franklin/Danielson could stay on Defensive side. Schmedding left to coach LBs at Auburn.

Avalos is gonna have enough money to go get some future head coaches if he chooses to do so.