Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

8 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Would somebody please edify me: is Tromp/BSU's financial ineptitude an unwavering product of procurement limitations for the university?  @bsu_alum9??

I don't think so when it comes to coaches.  Their salaries aren't publicly funded (those BAA fees and donations go to coaches if I'm not mistaken).  I think Baseball was just not wanting to pay for a $20M stadium - not really operating costs.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I don't think so when it comes to coaches.  Their salaries aren't publicly funded (those BAA fees and donations go to coaches if I'm not mistaken).  I think Baseball was just not wanting to pay for a $20M stadium - not really operating costs.

Nope - BAA fees are used exclusively for student athlete scholarships.  No BAA dollars are used for coaching salaries.  This is why I get so upset when “fans” stop supporting the BAA when they disagree with a school’s decision on something.  They are only hurting the athletes, not those who made the decision...

4 minutes ago, Broncos4Ever said:

Nope - BAA fees are used exclusively for student athlete scholarships.  No BAA dollars are used for coaching salaries.  This is why I get so upset when “fans” stop supporting the BAA when they disagree with a school’s decision on something.  They are only hurting the athletes, not those who made the decision...

It's ticket sales or something though, right?  I know it's not a typical salary that is paid by the school/state.

20 minutes ago, Broncos4Ever said:

So, based on your understanding, are BSU's seemingly miserable failures RE Kellen (:computerprobs:) and possibly Avalos, actually predicated upon a financial ceiling, which the school isn't permitted to exceed??    In other words, does BSU have a spending limit its can't exceed RE this hire?

If our university President has carte blanche authority to negotiate such salaries as she sees fit, then I'll likely always hold an unwavering hatred for her...  However, if she brings back Avalos along with our Cowbells, while also seamlessly integrating alcohol sales, (beer, require, and wine), throughout the stadium, then, she'd be pretty damn alright by me...

Still pissed off about the KM thing; again, nobody demonstrates advanced interest in something like that unless it's something they can actually envision doing for themselves.  For example, a girl will make a determination about whether she'll have sex with a guy within like a minute.  In this case, Kellen would have already made that determination as being a plausible option for his career, and he really just needed to be reassured the university was committed to BSU football...

How wonderful would it be if Boise simple stopped caring about it all together... 

Shit, why don't we run that kicker tee dog out there and let him put in work???  Probably only cost a few dollars a game...

New-Signature.jpg

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yes, they expected Andy.  @Ibanez said there would be a presser last night or this morning.  Still no news.  Maybe during the bball game tonight?

From what I understand they were still in negotiations and never left Eugene. 

Now, one of the Bozeman Sports Writers is saying MSU is having a players meeting tonight.

I don't think they are gonna come up with enough to make Avalos happy. B.J.Raines said we were supposed to of gotten news this morning but Boise State cancelled the morning conference. I know they are not supposed to even get back in Boise til later on tonight but they haven't cancelled tonights presser.

I've gave up on caring who they hire. I hope they can make a deal with Avalos but Choate is the one the players and former coaches wanna see win the gig. So it's probably a win either way.

If they are going to go with Choate then it better be a sweetheart deal financially for BSU. He is makin 209K at MSU so there is no reason to jump him by 1 mil as some posters think he should be making. He has proved nothing and should only be paid when he does.   700K sounds fair and is more then enough for a guy that is 28-22 at MSU.

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Choate is not an exciting hire at all, imo

About as exciting as a wet paper towel.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

2 minutes ago, Poisestate said:

#EliteHire?

If that is Choate then his twitter post is laughable 

We shouldn't  be hiring coaches to appease the fickle desires of a fanbase.  If they say Choate is the right guy I will be 100% supportive of him until the results say otherwise. I will give him a fair chance if he is they guy. 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

We shouldn't  be hiring coaches to appease the fickle desires of a fanbase.  If they say Choate is the right guy I will be 100% supportive of him until the results say otherwise. I will give him a fair chance if he is they guy. 

Yeah cause he was their first no wait, second, no wait third choice... 

If he is hired it is a Fiscal one. I am fine with it but I hate poor marketing attempts to sell you something. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Johnny come lately’s think bsu needs a flashy hire. What bsu needs is to get back to basics. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."