Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

3 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Is anything going on with this?

Did we just give up?

Moore said no because Boise wasn't serious about investing in the program.

Avalos said call me when I can get the assistants I want.

Harrell said you can't afford me.

Napier likes it at Louisiana.

Herman is waiting for a P5 opening.

Choate and Johnson are still in play.

7 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I hear that Petersen wants Choate and it’s a done deal.  Have you heard the same?

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

3 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Private jet is flying to Montana and then same Jet flys to Eugene today.  I think both are still in play but it will be Avalos

When that jet comes back to Boise somebody needs to get out to the airport to see who comes off of it. Better yet, is there anybody here who works at the airport? 

Is Boise really having trouble with $$$?

Crazy to me that Boise would have trouble committing to football. I guess we are in a pandemic that is ravaging AD's across the US but still

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

40 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

When that jet comes back to Boise somebody needs to get out to the airport to see who comes off of it. Better yet, is there anybody here who works at the airport? 

Why? You can't just wait until it's announced?

Star Wars Yoda Meme - Imgflip

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Nicely done.

Thanks.

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Avalos will be hired. My source doubled down. Trusting my source over Ibanez but I don't know Ibanez.

I hope so.

Anything less would be a major let down...

New-Signature.jpg

3 hours ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Avalos will be hired. My source doubled down. Trusting my source over Ibanez but I don't know Ibanez.

I think Ibanez's source comes from the AD department, for living in the Gods Country of Oregon (Wallowa County).  He seems to get quite a bit of good Boise St athletics information.

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

This jet registered to Engineered Structures flew from Boise  to Bozeman MT , and is then set to fly to Eugene Oregon. Hmmmm.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N271ES

Drop Choate off or whatever his name is then pick up AA and his family and seal the deal 

Related image

I have been told it's Avalos as long as he gets the cash he wants for his assistants. He needs to be shown the University is still serious about football. Hence the delay.

However, if they don't come up with the cash this week they are going with Choate. They don't wanna wait it out. But former players and coaches do favor Choate.

48 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

I think Ibanez's source comes from the AD department, for living in the Gods Country of Oregon (Wallowa County).  He seems to get quite a bit of good Boise St athletics information.

Pretty good guess. There is a reason I knew Harsins emails almost verbatim months ago and knew about Boise and AAC talks down to Boise plus two schools. So, not exactly the AD department. But I know enough to know we are gonna have a crazy next few months.

As for the coaching search, only Avalos has officially said " Yes." But he also might be to pricey. I made a call, haven't heard anything. Last I heard was Choate was now the frontrunner. But that was yesterday.