Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

Andy can buy Kellen that mansion, using the money made all those years playing NFL QB.

Andy would be selling insurance and doing cheap local radio ads right now if not for Kellen. Show a little gratitude. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I swear to god Boise you better not hire a coach today.

No Tommy Tuberville? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Not me.  I'll grab a life boat and row.   He's a fall back at best.  And a disappointment if we waiting this long for that.

Yeah it's definitely a fall-back, but the former players #1 choice.  Good coach, bad fundraiser.  Low salary. Hopefully he can keep Danielson - whom I've seen is back-and-forth on going to Auburn.

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah it's definitely a fall-back, but the former players #1 choice.  Good coach, bad fundraiser.  Low salary. Hopefully he can keep Danielson - whom I've seen is back-and-forth on going to Auburn.

Players are loyal.  Those who were here and played for Choate love him.  I get that.   But I was more than happy when he moved on.

This hire tells me money is tighter than we all want to admit. I don't see boosters opening their wallets for this hire. It's not opening my wallet(not that I'm a big donor anyway) that's for sure.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

If he keeps Bedell I'm out completely.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 

12 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Not me.  I'll grab a life boat and row.   He's a fall back at best.  And a disappointment if we waiting this long for that.

Exactly, we waited a week for the cheapest option?

8 minutes ago, teappotts said:

This hire tells me money is tighter than we all want to admit. I don't see boosters opening their wallets for this hire. It's not opening my wallet(not that I'm a big donor anyway) that's for sure.

He's not hired.  this is a rumor or guess.  It better be wrong or there will be no progression for them, only regression.

2 minutes ago, roughrider said:

He's not hired.  this is a rumor or guess.  It better be wrong or there will be no progression for them, only regression.

Oh I know, but footballscoop is right more than they're wrong. This reeks of no boosters stepped up to hire someone else. If Bedell is retained you might as well just puncture a lung on Hank and break one of Sears ribs and we'll watch the third string run around trying not to be killed.

I hate being right. Boise State is going on the cheap. I told you Avalos was in and out of Boise. Choate and Johnson are really the only options right now because they won't be able to afford Harrell.

Look for Boise State to really push and AAC invite with help from ESPN. That will be the next big Twitter explosion.

On 1/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, tailingpermit said:

Yep, one of those McElwain buyouts!

Just hire Jim McElwain himself. He can’t be making that much at Central Michigan, nothing the big bucks blue-turf boosters can’t afford. 

The man is living in a barn, FFS. If Boise can’t lure him away...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26788968/our-head-coach-lives-barn-why-jim-mcelwain-fits-right-cmu

13 minutes ago, TheBigAwesome said:

Just hire Jim McElwain himself. He can’t be making that much at Central Michigan, nothing the big bucks blue-turf boosters can’t afford. 

The man is living in a barn, FFS. If Boise can’t lure him away...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26788968/our-head-coach-lives-barn-why-jim-mcelwain-fits-right-cmu

Funny, but in fact, he’d be perfect for the job. He’s from the Northwest, has a summer home over on Flathead lake so Boise is in what he seems to want as a backyard. The question is whether he’s just doing penance and working towards a P5 job. Coach of the year in 3 different conferences. 

41 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Funny, but in fact, he’d be perfect for the job. He’s from the Northwest, has a summer home over on Flathead lake so Boise is in what he seems to want as a backyard. The question is whether he’s just doing penance and working towards a P5 job. Coach of the year in 3 different conferences. 

I didn’t mean it to come across like it wasn’t a serious suggestion. I agree, I think he’d be a solid choice. Won the MAC West in his first year when he was probably projected to come in last or close to it. Won the SEC East twice. Has 3 Conference Championship Game appearances to go with his 3 COY awards. And you know he’s focused because he managed to do pretty good while in Fort Collins and didn’t allow the superior lifestyle that permeates to distract him. 

Also, regarding whether he’s just looking to jump ship to a top paying job at one of the cartel conferences, of course he is. But Boise shouldn’t hold any illusions that they’re anything other than a stepping stone job. The rigged system is what it is.