Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

Troy Aikman just said on Fox that Seabiscuit was offered the job, accepted, but then the deal fell apart and he signed a new deal with the Cowboys.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, tailingpermit said:

Oviedo is 45 minutes from the Atlantic.  

Inside joke on the forum but to be honest, I don't really care where it is.

The next scheduled meeting between the AAC and Boise State is on the 12th of January. It will be their first face to face meeting since the AAC was formed. Don't expect much to leak of anything. And quit bringing BYU up. BYU isn't going to the American. (And neither is Air Force)

And no one is going to the Big West, The Summit, The Valley, or the WAC. And Boise State isn't going to the American without two friends and those two friends don't excite anyone and don't wanna go.

8 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

The next scheduled meeting between the AAC and Boise State is on the 12th of January. It will be their first face to face meeting since the AAC was formed. Don't expect much to leak of anything. And quit bringing BYU up. BYU isn't going to the American. (And neither is Air Force)

And no one is going to the Big West, The Summit, The Valley, or the WAC. And Boise State isn't going to the American without two friends and those two friends don't excite anyone and don't wanna go.

@BSUTOP25, what is his Sioux name and meaning?

Andy Avalos will be in Boise tomorrow morning. Nothing on Choate or Herman. That doesn't mean he will be hired but......yeah. I think we all know the only serious candidates were Avalos and Moore and Moore said he was no longer pursuing the job. Andy already got hired.

Book it as confirmed.

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

@BSUTOP25, what is his Sioux name and meaning?

Can’t pronounce it but means “Fibs from Middle of Nowhere.” 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

18 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

And Boise State isn't going to the American without two friends and those two friends don't excite anyone and don't wanna go.

This would be a first in conference realignment.

Most teams will sabotage anyone trying to ride coattails. West Virginia was actively working against Louisville in Big 12 talks, despite being on an island.

If Boise is stumping for more teams to come with them and split their piece of pie another 2 ways, that will be a first.

That being said, I hear ESPN loves Wyoming.

3mxsBs3.jpg

15 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

A two loss AAC team can get a NY6 invite, at this point - the MWC team has to be perfect. 

No and no. It’s just easier to go undefeated in the AAC.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, Cowboy said:

This would be a first in conference realignment.

Most teams will sabotage anyone trying to ride coattails. West Virginia was actively working against Louisville in Big 12 talks, despite being on an island.

If Boise is stumping for more teams to come with them and split their piece of pie another 2 ways, that will be a first.

That being said, I hear ESPN loves Wyoming.

But does Memphis ,UCF, and Temple?

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

No and no. It’s just easier to go undefeated in the AAC.

Actually no. A one loss AAC will get on over a one loss MWC team every time now. Not saying it's fair but the AAC is always ranked as the sixth best conference. I don't know why that is. I don't know why Boise, SJSU, and Nevada were never ranked or just barely cracks the top 25 while the AAC had several teams ranked but the perception is that the AAC is just more respected and better.

I don't think it's true that the American is that much better. I just think they are deeper from top to bottom.

31 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Don’t be surprised if something similar to this happens. Apparently ESPN is willing to renegotiate the AAC contract with a Western wing that includes all sports. CBS/FOX may guarantee the current deal even if Boise leaves to keep from losing any other teams. This is a fluid situation. So Ibanez is correct movement is going to happen, we just don’t know how it will look. Another thing to keep an eye on is the playoffs going to 8. If the AAC pulls off a western wing then they would have a legitimate claim at a guaranteed playoff spot for the league champ. Six league champs plus two wild cards.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

27 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Yeah I don't really see BSU going to AAC only 2 other western teams get to tag along. Honestly I think going indy makes more sense than being the 12th AAC member.  

And I don't really see the AAC adding 3 western teams UNLESS both BYU +BSU want to join the AAC (ie the only two western teams that probably add tv money to AAC at the moment). Then I assume SDSU would be the 3rd. I really don't think the AAC is looking to expand westward. I mean if they actually wanted to expand westward it seems they would have taken BSU/SDSU/+ one other western team in 2014 instead of ECU/Tulsa/Tulane.  

10 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

I don’t even know what that means.

You said apparently ESPN likes Wyoming. I was just asking if these teams do? I like Wyoming. As a BSU fan, Wyoming, Colorado State, Utah State, and Nevada are my favorite conference mates. If (IF) Boise went to the AAC, I don't think any of these teams are invited besides CSU. Biy that's just a name I had heard thrown around on that western wing Boise State and ESPN had suggested.

3 minutes ago, Fowl said:

BYU isn't going to the AAC.  They'd be taking a huge cut in media revenue and downgrading their football schedule.

BYU would be the one team who could convince the Aresco League to add a bunch of western teams into the conference. But for BYU, the AAC's shit media deal is hilariously bad compared to what they make.

No one will ever convince me the AAC deal is better than the MWC deal. I'm convinced Aresco wanted a big number that looked good on paper. In a few years after the MWC signs a new deal those AAC teams are not gonna be pleased.

14 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Actually no. A one loss AAC will get on over a one loss MWC team every time now. Not saying it's fair but the AAC is always ranked as the sixth best conference. I don't know why that is. I don't know why Boise, SJSU, and Nevada were never ranked or just barely cracks the top 25 while the AAC had several teams ranked but the perception is that the AAC is just more respected and better.

I don't think it's true that the American is that much better. I just think they are deeper from top to bottom.

There has only been a single 1 loss team in the MW in the access bowl era, last year. The AAC crushed it out of conference last year. The MW did well, but got rolled by Tulsa and a mediocre BYU. We simply don’t have many one loss or undefeated teams. Boise has completely failed the conference in that respect.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.