Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

The Cowboys need to beat the Giants and have the Eagles (4-10-1) beat the Washington Football Team(6-9) next week. If that happens, a 7-9 record would win the NFC East for the Cowboys and they would host a wild-card playoff game in McCarthy's first season.

Meanwhile Oregon plays Iowa State in the Fiesta Bowl on Saturday 1/2.

Boise State begins classes on 1/11 for the Spring 2021 semester. 

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The Cowboys need to beat the Giants and have the Eagles (4-10-1) beat the Washington Football Team(6-9) next week. If that happens, a 7-9 record would win the NFC East for the Cowboys and they would host a wild-card playoff game in McCarthy's first season.

Meanwhile Oregon plays Iowa State in the Fiesta Bowl on Saturday 1/2.

Boise State begins classes on 1/11 for the Spring 2021 semester. 

Rooting for Dallas is sacreligious.  Besides, who wouldn't want to see a 6-10 NYG as division champions?

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Google days CFL head coaches make $300-400k. About the same ballpark as a Boise coordinator. More room for growth in US though. Dinwiddie played QB at Boise while Avalos was linebacker in early 2000s for those fans of other teams that may not remember.

Not Fresno fans though. I’m sure they remember who Dinwiddie is.

Dinwiddie's net worth per a Google  search is 17 mill.  So either CFL pays well or he sells drugs on the side and reports his earnings to this site

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Avalos

-OC Dinwiddie (not sure how much CFL head coaches make, but think he could be convinced to come back stateside)

-DC Danielson

Moore

-OC/QB Jim Caldwell for a one-year gig (Kellen’s former Head Coach is out of work and could bring a decade of NCAA HC experience plus two superbowl championship)

-DC Danielson

I agree the DC will be Danielson no matter which guy gets the job. Another guy to consider for OC is Matt Miller. He was Choate’s OC at Montana State before coming to Boise.

4 minutes ago, Threeaces12 said:

I agree the DC will be Danielson no matter which guy gets the job. Another guy to consider for OC is Matt Miller. He was Choate’s OC at Montana State before coming to Boise.

If Kellen does end up getting the job, I hope he surrounds himself with experienced coordinators. Matt Miller doesn't seem to fit the bill for me.

39 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I call bs on this. Dallas would not fly Kellen to Boise for an interview. 

What?  It was posted by a UNLV fan and the Twitter handle is someone named Drunk Waitress.

What do you want, a Vatican source?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

What?  It was posted by a UNLV fan and the Twitter handle is someone named Drunk Waitress.

What do you want, a Vatican source?

I don't think the Vatican follows group of 5 coaching carousels, but is it too much to ask that Drunk Waitress doesn't use a picture from Jerry's plane in New Orleans circa 2016?

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_5d690a40-f443-5472-aed4-e6b1a4760156.html

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I call bs on this. Dallas would not fly Kellen to Boise for an interview. 

I read later (and can't find it now, I'm sorry) that there WAS a Dallas plane in Boise last night, but it was not Kellan..

It seems Boise fans prefer Moore over Avalos. If it were me, I'd want Avalos, but I'm not emotionally attached to Moore like I'm sure I would be if I were a Boise homer. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

It seems Boise fans prefer Moore over Avalos. If it were me, I'd want Avalos, but I'm not emotionally attached to Moore like I'm sure I would be if I were a Boise homer. 

I’d be perfectly fine with either. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’d be perfectly fine with either. 

This times 1000.   Flip a coin.  We win. 

BTW,  Avalos' main guy at Oregon is Winston.   And rumors are that's his DC if not co-DC with Danielson.   Harsin loves Danielson too so you never know where he ends up but whoever gets him is lucky.

2 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

He passes out at a stop light. A police office had to wake him up. 2001 if I remember correctly 

Who was the QB who got busted and told the police that someone slipped acid into his pizza at Camelback Park?  Long time ago, can't remember much more.