Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

A Vandal talking about program finances. Lol

It was a valid question.

When you figure in season ticket sales, booster pledges and donations Moore makes the most financial sense, even if he and his staff would cost 2 million more a year than, say, Choate (who would also be a great hire).

32 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Now that is funny.

Have a free dose of reality: 

You have been in meltdown mode since BYU crushed you.  It's only gotten worse with the AAC stuff and no one, from fans to conference officials not giving BSU any respect. 

The AAC will take your FB, but they won't help you, via a scheduling agreement with the Big West. They won't help you with entrance & exit fees either. 

The Big West doesn't want you and you can't afford to make it worth their while.

The new coach will have to work with fewer resources than his predecessors.

BSU is in a conference they don't want to be in.  No other conference members will join them in a move.  The other member schools would rather they leave.

BSU's only chance to move is if BYU invites them to tag along.

That's a dumpster fire.

God you're a +++++ing idiot. You have been vomiting this dumb shit for days to someone who is just toying with you for kicks. Dumbass moron.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It was a valid question.

When you figure in season ticket sales, booster pledges and donations Moore makes the most financial sense, even if he and his staff would cost 2 million more a year than, say, Choate (who would also be a great hire).

I was referring more to the Vandals sucking their students and the state dry to stay in the SBC. Which they ultimately failed at. 

13 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I hope this isn't true. I'm sure he has people in mind, but I'd hope he'd open it up and see who is interested or there. I'd like to see 2 or 3 guys with no tie to the program

It might be but Boise State was supposedly looking for an AD first. 

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

God you're a +++++ing idiot. You have been vomiting this dumb shit for days to someone who is just toying with you for kicks. Dumbass moron.

Wait, so you don't think he is trolling the shit out of me while he is ranting and raving and posting non stop on Boise threads?  Moore>Kaep.

:ph34r:

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We need a Mormon QB coach.  Mormons make the best QB's  (see Moore).

Amen!!!

I've been saying this for decades.

Pretty soon we'll have two Mormon QBs (one of whom is Idaho bred) in the NFL.  Taysom Hill and Zach Wilson.

17 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

It might be but Boise State was supposedly looking for an AD first. 

If Kellen is the guy, they have time to do this. The timing was pretty good being that the early signing period had already past. Kellen isn't going anywhere, most of the recruiting class is done, and with players not losing eligibility, you could almost just call this class good and start working on next years class. I'm sure they'll add a few more guys, but there isn't a big rush. They won't lose out on too much

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Now that is funny.

Have a free dose of reality: 

You have been in meltdown mode since BYU crushed you.  It's only gotten worse with the AAC stuff and no one, from fans to conference officials not giving BSU any respect. 

The AAC will take your FB, but they won't help you, via a scheduling agreement with the Big West. They won't help you with entrance & exit fees either. 

The Big West doesn't want you and you can't afford to make it worth their while.

The new coach will have to work with fewer resources than his predecessors.

BSU is in a conference they don't want to be in.  No other conference members will join them in a move.  The other member schools would rather they leave.

BSU's only chance to move is if BYU invites them to tag along.

That's a dumpster fire.

26 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

25 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I was referring more to the Vandals sucking their students and the state dry to stay in the SBC. Which they ultimately failed at. 

23 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wait, so you don't think he is trolling the shit out of me while he is ranting and raving and posting non stop on Boise threads?  Moore>Kaep.

:ph34r:

I think we are going to see Kellen Moore hire a lot of BYU alums on staff.  

Which could be bad for BYU, since we currently own Idaho recruiting.

Kellen will probably be the head coach of BYU if Kalani doesn't pan out.    Would love to have him learn at Boise. 

16 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

A Vandal talking about program finances. Lol

The University of Idaho's budget is balanced or running at a surplus.  Can you say the same?

If you are referring to our Athletic Department specifically, I think it's running in the red, but we're not talking about a crushing amount.  

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, VandalPride97 said:

The University of Idaho's budget is balanced or running at a surplus.  Can you say the same?

If you are referring to our Athletic Department specifically, I think it's running in the red, but we're not talking about a crushing amount.  

What is the thought in the Big Sky about some programs leaving to the WAC?

Weber State is rumored (a long time Big Sky program).  SUU, and Northern Arizona.   

11 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Speaking of "crushing amount," Wazzu had $100 million in athletic department debt before Covid even started. LMAO.

https://dailyevergreen.com/57739/news/athletics-department-faces-100-million-deficit/

I think that's proof that most schools will be fine going into the red (or should I say crimson) for a bit.

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yes. But we played our bowl game and our seniors get another year, should they want one.

Boise couldn't or wouldn't do either.

You guys had a really nice run. Now you don't have an AD or a coach, you're completely broke and things aren't looking any better in 2021. Your fans are in meltdown mode, hoping for a savior type of hire and money to flow in from unnamed boosters.

You are the new UNLV.

I'm not seeing this anywhere. Making things up to feed your dialogue. You're just going to end up being disappointed... again

In the last 4 years, Boise has one more top 25 finish then Nevada does in it's entire history.  We are about to hire a coach and pay him twice what Nevada pays their coach (if it is Moore or Andy) and have a assistant salary pool easily twice Nevadas.

Good times ahead.

Yeah, these guys come out every year... you think they'd get tired of being wrong all the time. Nope, they just keep doubling down

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

What is the thought in the Big Sky about some programs leaving to the WAC?

Weber State is rumored (a long time Big Sky program).  SUU, and Northern Arizona.   

Honestly, I don't think anyone really cares, although Weber has gone to the playoffs for the last 4-5 years.  The only development that would suck is if EWU's football program implodes, which is a possibility.  I only get interested if we're talking about Montana, Montana State or EWU.  Well, maybe ISU because they're the only other decent public university in Idaho. 

I'll tell you though, I'm glad BYU-Idaho isn't in the mix because it's a behemoth.  40k students is wild.

Also, there is a reason we canned the AD.

Tromp is prioritizing football. 

I'm gunna lolololol when we hire a coordinators that make about what Norvell makes.

Yeah, there is a lot to get excited about for Boisefan. Likely the best basketball team in their history (soon will be in the top-25) and revitalized fanbase with a new/popular coaching hire. Once this Covid thing is over, they will be looking as good as any G5 out there

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

I'm just wondering where those resources are going to come from.  What happens if BSU Jesus has a crazy expensive lineup?  This is not a one time cost, it goes on for quite a while.  What is the deficit anyway?  I've heard $10 million and I've heard $30 million.  Will Harson's buyout be able to pay for a decent DC?

Meet our new AD...deficit will be taken care of by other MWC teams!

Boise State President Bob Kustra discusses decision to cut wrestling,  pursue baseball | Idaho Statesman

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Honestly, I don't think anyone really cares, although Weber has gone to the playoffs for the last 4-5 years.  The only development that would suck is if EWU's football program implodes, which is a possibility.  I only get interested if we're talking about Montana, Montana State or EWU.  Well, maybe ISU because they're the only other decent public university in Idaho. 

I'll tell you though, I'm glad BYU-Idaho isn't in the mix because it's a behemoth.  40k students is wild.

Yeah, I can see how no one cares about realignment in football, as long as a few rivalries are maintained.

The Big Sky is a fun basketball conference, as it currently is.   But a geographic realignment might make sense.   They way Boise is talking about the AAC, maybe they will petition the BIG SKY for membership for all other sports?

I feel bad for BYU-Idaho.   They deserve athletics, but I doubt the Church will pay for it or restart it up again, anytime soon.  If they did restart athletics, I doubt it would include football.   Basketball and Olympics only.