Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

If it does end up being Kellen as the HC, how about Gary Anderson as the DC? He has a ton of HC experience, could help Kellen in his transition, knows the MW, and has a defensive background. Plus, he's unemployed 

You don't want him. He's a broken man. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If/When Moore becomes coach he will be able to hire a staff unheard of in the MWC.  Big boosters in Boise willing to pledge big money, school knows he can sell tickets.  

Pepper yer moms angus.

It’s cool Boise is getting the band back together.  Perhaps Boise should go in the direction for a big reason for Moore’s success and bring in Titus Young as the offensive coordinator. 

Just now, OrediggerPoke said:

It’s cool Boise is getting the band back together.  Perhaps Boise should go in the direction for a big reason for Moore’s success and bring in Titus Young as the offensive coordinator. 

Lulz.  Poor Titus.  He had all the talent in the world to be an NFL WR for years and years.

At first I didn’t think Kellen was the right choice. I thought we needed to get outside the family. I didn’t think Kellen would be interested to be honest. I’d be thrilled if we got Kellen to come back home. Avalos bleeds blue , but Kellen is the right choice. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lulz.  Poor Titus.  He had all the talent in the world to be an NFL WR for years and years.

Not the first player that happened to, won't be the last either.

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Prater is a hack trying to cover his ass for his wrong "leaks"  with "everything is true right now haha"

I was about to respond with ,I dont know shit about what's happening and what I just read from him , is exactly what I would write...if I was trolling.

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Calm down.

I only said that Kellen has no experience recruiting and should hire a qualified Assistant HC to help him.

So, your answer is yes, a NFL OC without college experience is qualified to be a college HC?

15 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

How can anybody read this quote and not think it’s a done deal? What would Kellen and Boise State be “commenting on“ if he wasn’t taking the job?

The right time may be weeks away if the Cowboys make the playoffs next week.

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

If it does end up being Kellen as the HC, how about Gary Anderson as the DC? He has a ton of HC experience, could help Kellen in his transition, knows the MW, and has a defensive background. Plus, he's unemployed 

He's not the same man since he left Wisco'.

8 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So you don’t think a NFL OC is qualified if they haven’t previously coached in college? Yea, I just disagree.

So you think Kellen's vast coaching experience has him ready to Be the Head Coach of Boise St:

2018: Dallas Cowboys Quarterbacks Coach

2019–present: Dallas Cowboys Offensive coordinator

How much experience does he have in recruiting High School players?   What type of players does he plan on recruiting?  Will he be recruiting high profile recruits?  If so how much of Boise St's recruiting budget will he use to go up against P5 schools like Texas, USC, Stanford, and ect?  Or will recruit mainly players that need to be developed?  If so how long will he give them to develop?  What areas will he recruit?  How many High School coaching connections does he have?   What kind of collage coaching connections does he have?   Because he will need to form a staff and doubt he will be pulling coaches out of the NFL.  How much money will he be given for his new staff?  Seems like Boise St was cutting positions this last year and asking coaches to take pay cuts also.  In other words will he be able to hire who he wants (with in reason) or will his pool be reduced a little (aka, 2nd and 3rd option vs the 1st option).  See in the NFL there are different caps to try to make things a more level playing field, that not the case in NCAA football with the P5 and the "Have Nots".   Then there all the different hat he will be wearing as a D1 Head Coach.  Like scheduling, travel, camps, player academics, scholarships/red-shirts/grey-shirts/walk-ons, transfers, budgets, fund raising, marketing, and ect...  I don't think he should have a problem with the Xs and Os, it all the other things piled on top of that that coaching for the Cowboys has not gave him one bit of experience in.   Kellen is smart and a quick learner, but there is no substitute for experience.  I would hate to see the Boise St fans turn on him if he does not meet their expectations they have set for him, because this could be a rebuilding process.  What happens if Boise St went say 7-6 or 8-5 next year while he is learning on the job?

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If/When Moore becomes coach he will be able to hire a staff unheard of in the MWC.  Big boosters in Boise willing to pledge big money, school knows he can sell tickets.  

Pepper yer moms angus.

Last I knew Boise St was reducing staff and cutting programs, so where were those big money boosters then?   I could see them paying some coin to bring in Kellen, but how much more would they add for his staff?  Around 10 to 15 years ago BYU asked a select number of booster to start a coaching fund.  At that time $10 million was placed in it that they could draw on if it was needed (help keep their coaches from getting poached).  I believe that fund was used some this year, the AD say BYU was looking at a projected $20 million shortage this year.  I would believe Boise St likely has a very big shortage this year also and my fear is Kellen might have to hire the "unheard of" staff you talk about.  But the only problem is that will be "unheard of" as in not very well know coaches (2nd and 3rd and 4th or 5th choice on his list).

45 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

So you think Kellen's vast coaching experience has him ready to Be the Head Coach of Boise St:

2018: Dallas Cowboys Quarterbacks Coach

2019–present: Dallas Cowboys Offensive coordinator

How much experience does he have in recruiting High School players?   What type of players does he plan on recruiting?  Will he be recruiting high profile recruits?  If so how much of Boise St's recruiting budget will he use to go up against P5 schools like Texas, USC, Stanford, and ect?  Or will recruit mainly players that need to be developed?  If so how long will he give them to develop?  What areas will he recruit?  How many High School coaching connections does he have?   What kind of collage coaching connections does he have?   Because he will need to form a staff and doubt he will be pulling coaches out of the NFL.  How much money will he be given for his new staff?  Seems like Boise St was cutting positions this last year and asking coaches to take pay cuts also.  In other words will he be able to hire who he wants (with in reason) or will his pool be reduced a little (aka, 2nd and 3rd option vs the 1st option).  See in the NFL there are different caps to try to make things a more level playing field, that not the case in NCAA football with the P5 and the "Have Nots".   Then there all the different hat he will be wearing as a D1 Head Coach.  Like scheduling, travel, camps, player academics, scholarships/red-shirts/grey-shirts/walk-ons, transfers, budgets, fund raising, marketing, and ect...  I don't think he should have a problem with the Xs and Os, it all the other things piled on top of that that coaching for the Cowboys has not gave him one bit of experience in.   Kellen is smart and a quick learner, but there is no substitute for experience.  I would hate to see the Boise St fans turn on him if he does not meet their expectations they have set for him, because this could be a rebuilding process.  What happens if Boise St went say 7-6 or 8-5 next year while he is learning on the job?

To answer your question at the very top of this post:

yes