Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

Rocky Long. One of the very few coaches to beat BS multiple times.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I think he'd be a terrible recruiter. He has a good offensive coordinator mind - but managing a bunch of 18-23 year old young men and a college football program is a whole different beast.  If he had the right assistants he could be successful - but I don't think he's cut out to be a head coach just yet. 

He was really popular as a player for Detroit and a player/coach at Dallas.  He has some moxie and charm.  Can tell kids he knows what the NFL is looking for.  

5 minutes ago, utgrizfan said:

Maybe a Dark Horse pick but why not Choate from Montana State? He has turned them into a repeat playoff team and has connections to Boise, not to mention beat us several times in a row

He's probably in the mix but seemed to be run out of town by Pete back in the day with some poor ST/LB coaching.

4 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Regardless, it's kind of exciting in a scary way. But I think it was best for all parties to move on, so today is a good day. 

Yeah I'm usually on the more optimistic side of Boise fans. My fear of uncertainty has me unsettled right now.  Who's in charge of the coaching search on BSU's end?  Tromp? 

6 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

What are you basing that on? I mean kids want to play in the NFL right? What better pitch is there than saying, "I was the OC of the Cowboys. Wanna get to the NFL? I can make it happen"?

That's all we need is more Mormons in the Mountain West.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He is the best possible hire IMHO

If he could keep Danielson and the secondary coaches, plus much of the offensive staff intact - that could do a lot to keep many players from entering the portal.  Hopefully they make a decision quickly.