Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

utgrizfan

If Boise Leaves, does the MWC look to Expand?

12 hours ago, JBB said:

fans are putting on airs.  You all sound like the sophisticated NDSU fans when a D2game is suggested.  using 2019 as a guide NDSU would have been in contention for the mwc title.  

NDSU does not benefit in comparison to mwc teams from stats earned by playing weaker competition.  NDSU statistics do not suffer when playing FBS opponents.  Often in their many upset wins against FBS competition they have done better against an elite Iowa or pathetic CSU than the average FCS game during those seasons. 

The mwc is not very good.  It’s a step up from the best FCS conference because of scholarship numbers. Boise state is the whole show. The entire mwc thinks it’s Boise State and even when undefeated Boise gets no playoff consideration.  I see the Las Vegas bowl though. That might have been fun before vegas  got destroyed.  Boise got destroyed too. The mwc may have fared better sending the BISON as a proxy. 

The mwc is firmly of the mind the teams they normally play OOC are teams they accept defeat from. Learning to lose to someone new like NDSU would be devastating to the collective as well as individual egos.  I didn’t run a full slate of games through my analysis programs but did look at key statistical relationships. NDSU is among the top 4 schools.  My programs show a probable bsu loss to The BISON in 2019. Already a mwc powerhouse and they haven’t even joined.

NDSU is not ready for the FBS yet.  They need the indoor practice facility built first. I think they broke ground on phase 1. In my opinion The BISON should go independent when it is completed.  If nothing better comes their way an invitation to the mwc or new FBS wac could be considered   In the meantime the FCS portland states of the world are better for your egos than an NDSU.  

before any move to the FBS happens NDSU will also need new leadership. Hopefully they won’t run the program into the ground from boredom like they did staying in D2 for 30 yrs beyond their time. 

the NDSU football program is the best dollar for dollar in the country.  

THEY EXIST IN A POST APOCALYPTIC FROZEN HELL SCAPE. I'm not sure what seems to be so difficult to understand about this salient fact  while I'm quite sure Hellscape  U would benefit by inclusion into the MWC, nobody else would. I would rather have SDSU join the ranks of independence than play one godforsaken second  in a conference with your shitty little school.  NDSU is a void, a nothing, a non-entity.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

10 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

1434930435_ScreenShot2021-01-27at9_11_40AM.png.077c478277ab4ca4a891ef6ce5792bd1.png1564202983_ScreenShot2021-01-27at9_11_30AM.png.ea48c61f8d3aa600551c088f61227df9.png

Tell us about your non-mining academics and share of the Minnesota market.  These are threshold questions.  We would also like to know how long your school has been a rival of BYU and your school's position vis a vis pushing elderly women down stadium stairs.  If you cannot satisfactorily answer these questions, your posts are all irrelevant.

9 hours ago, nvspuds said:

If Boise leaves that could represent the contraction..It doesn't  have to mean they would kick anybody out of the conference.  

If Hawaii or AFA decided to be independent that would be a form of contraction..

The point is the conference appears to be content to be smaller should any of that happen.

Yeah yeah he didn't know what was being referred to there. Probably because the theory is wrong and because what was said needs to be taken IN CONTEXT.

And what he said next isn't allowed in the 3x5 card of allowable opinion here so let's not talk about that ...

"Nobody could replace the value that Boise brings to the MWC, not just as a competitive entity, but as a brand. I’m sure the league would kick the tires on a few Texas schools, like UTEP, UTSA or Rice. But in my estimation, nobody would provide more value to the Mountain West than North Dakota State."

Again, this is what this guy does for a living and is well respected in the industry. 

11 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

Any of you subscribed to Matt Brown's newsletter?
He talks/writes about realignment for a living and is so far the most authoritative person to give comment on this matter.

Here is from an 'open mailbag' section to todays newsletter:

QUESTION:
"Some Mountain West people are saying a contraction in the conference is more likely than adding NDSU as a football-only member if Boise State were to leave. Would you comment on what the pros vs cons would be from their perspective on contraction vs adding NDSU?"

MATT BROWN:
"For one, it is by no means a sure thing that Boise actually leaves. I personally think that departure is more likely than not likely, but certainly not overwhelmingly so.

If Boise does leave, I’d be pretty surprised if contraction happens. It’s very rare for schools to actually get kicked out of a conference, especially if they’re full (not affiliate) members. At the FBS level, I don’t think a full member has been booted since Temple got kicked out of the Big East. We can debate the competitive or financial benefits of dropping an MWC program, but it’s very hard for me to see that happening without it becoming an absolute political mess.

Nobody could replace the value that Boise brings to the MWC, not just as a competitive entity, but as a brand. I’m sure the league would kick the tires on a few Texas schools, like UTEP, UTSA or Rice. But in my estimation, nobody would provide more value to the Mountain West than North Dakota State.

Would conference leaders see things the same way? Would North Dakota State accept? I reckon we’re quite a ways out from needing to answer any of those questions."

In the first paragraph of his answer to the next question, Matt Brown then says:

"In the immediate future, I don’t expect very much realignment at the FBS level, honestly. It’s possible Boise State leaves, and it’s possible another school or two considers going independent, but I’d be surprised if we saw really significant movement in the next oh, 18 months. If FBS movement is coming, it will probably happen in a few years, once we have more clarity on future TV revenues."

47 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Yeah yeah he didn't know what was being referred to there. Probably because the theory is wrong and because what was said needs to be taken IN CONTEXT.

And what he said next isn't allowed in the 3x5 card of allowable opinion here so let's not talk about that ...

"Nobody could replace the value that Boise brings to the MWC, not just as a competitive entity, but as a brand. I’m sure the league would kick the tires on a few Texas schools, like UTEP, UTSA or Rice. But in my estimation, nobody would provide more value to the Mountain West than North Dakota State."

Again, this is what this guy does for a living and is well respected in the industry. 

Value or not I don't believe they will add anyone should Boise leave..And I don't think Boise is leaving.

1 hour ago, tenbobnote said:

You just can't let it go. And the funny thing is you know NDSU will never be in the MWC. 

4 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

https://www.hustlebelt.com/fanposts

Go bother there folks.  These are your peeps.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 1/27/2021 at 6:37 PM, tenbobnote said:

bye bye goodbye GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 1/27/2021 at 2:20 PM, SDSUfan said:

THEY EXIST IN A POST APOCALYPTIC FROZEN HELL SCAPE. I'm not sure what seems to be so difficult to understand about this salient fact  while I'm quite sure Hellscape  U would benefit by inclusion into the MWC, nobody else would. I would rather have SDSU join the ranks of independence than play one godforsaken second  in a conference with your shitty little school.  NDSU is a void, a nothing, a non-entity.

Sounds like a fun road trip to me - AK, crossbow, long knives.  
Oh, sorry, your from Cali?  Squirt-gun, nerf ball, toothpick. 🙃

On 1/27/2021 at 4:20 PM, SDSUfan said:

Lol. Yes the entire country is a post apocalyptic hell, not all frozen however. I don’t care if NDSU falls off the face of the earth. I don’t support them, buy tickets or participate in any way in anything NDSU.  All I said was they have as much National presence as any of the teams in the mwc. They are also a lot better at football. 

im a casual fan that bets football.  NDSU wins. The mwc doesn’t.  NDSU has as much media exposure as any of the mwc teams, regionally and nationally.  There is little difference between any teams in the mwc, the MAC or NDSU. NDSU is just a lot better at the game and can dominate either conference as easily as it dominates the FCs. In fact it has on half the money too.  

I have lived in wyoming, california, Idaho and North Dakota.  California was and is a terrible place to live and work.  The sdsu guy puts on airs.  If you live in california you live in a shithole.  It’s the same as the airs being put on about the very average mwc.  It’s just expensive FCS quality football. 

fooball is on its last legs. Our grandchildren won’t know the game. I stopped watching because the athletes are such low life. Not all of them, and certainly not as foul as basket ball, but so many of them are simply without any saving grace. It goes for fans too.

I’m sure none of you are any more impressed with me than I am with you.  Some of you are gross, uncultured and hilariously full of yourselves.  Wear the shoe if it fits.  I’ve only tried to be mildly insulting as a measured response to the crude and unflattering remarks from some of you local yokels. 

if football ever resumes I’ll probably be back at beating the odds at 5 Dimes. You certainly don’t have to be a fan or even watch the game to successfully write a sports book. I may come around and give all of you some money making pointers if things ever get back on track.  

“This battery is the new oil”. store dot

6 hours ago, JBB said:

Lol. Yes the entire country is a post apocalyptic hell, not all frozen however. I don’t care if NDSU falls off the face of the earth. I don’t support them, buy tickets or participate in any way in anything NDSU.  All I said was they have as much National presence as any of the teams in the mwc. They are also a lot better at football. 

im a casual fan that bets football.  NDSU wins. The mwc doesn’t.  NDSU has as much media exposure as any of the mwc teams, regionally and nationally.  There is little difference between any teams in the mwc, the MAC or NDSU. NDSU is just a lot better at the game and can dominate either conference as easily as it dominates the FCs. In fact it has on half the money too.  

I have lived in wyoming, california, Idaho and North Dakota.  California was and is a terrible place to live and work.  The sdsu guy puts on airs.  If you live in california you live in a shithole.  It’s the same as the airs being put on about the very average mwc.  It’s just expensive FCS quality football. 

fooball is on its last legs. Our grandchildren won’t know the game. I stopped watching because the athletes are such low life. Not all of them, and certainly not as foul as basket ball, but so many of them are simply without any saving grace. It goes for fans too.

I’m sure none of you are any more impressed with me than I am with you.  Some of you are gross, uncultured and hilariously full of yourselves.  Wear the shoe if it fits.  I’ve only tried to be mildly insulting as a measured response to the crude and unflattering remarks from some of you local yokels. 

if football ever resumes I’ll probably be back at beating the odds at 5 Dimes. You certainly don’t have to be a fan or even watch the game to successfully write a sports book. I may come around and give all of you some money making pointers if things ever get back on track.  

Vine Ok GIF

8 hours ago, JBB said:

if football ever resumes I’ll probably be back at beating the odds at 5 Dimes. You certainly don’t have to be a fan or even watch the game to successfully write a sports book. I may come around and give all of you some money making pointers if things ever get back on track....... Don't cha' know,,,,

It's funnier if you read it in your best Frances McDormand accent

42hI.gif

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke