Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

utgrizfan

If Boise Leaves, does the MWC look to Expand?

2 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Aside from me referencing the AD ... when some of the more prominent members of the media all start favoring FBS (when they were against it for years) it's of note. They're not going to do that if a large portion of fans don't want the same thing.

It would be really helpful if there were MW presidents were pushing for you..As yet no one has said anything publicly

7 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

It would be really helpful if there were MW presidents were pushing for you..As yet no one has said anything publicly

Everyone's waiting to see what happens with Boise. I'm trying to make the best case I can before that. You guys have helped me hone my arguments. After I get the site upgraded I'll try to get the argument out in front of as many admins as I can. 

24 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Everyone's waiting to see what happens with Boise. I'm trying to make the best case I can before that. You guys have helped me hone my arguments. After I get the site upgraded I'll try to get the argument out in front of as many admins as I can. 

The schools have people poring over the data already..They have been for years..The official position is contraction is more likely than adding and if they do add it will be with  expansion into Texas.  I appreciate your passion but I do not think you have a chance..

1 hour ago, tenbobnote said:

Listen to the AD Matt Larson at ~1:30:00 to 1:38:30. Does that sound like an AD who isn't gearing toward FBS? In past years his answer was "we feel like the FCS and being in the FCS playoffs is a great fit for us"

I'm not really on bisonville much so I can't speak for them. That forum seems to attract a certain fan that isn't really the majority.
Almost every top media person covering the team is pushing for FBS now. Examples: Mike Mcfeely and Dom Izzo of The Forum, Jeff Culhane Bison 1660, Josh Swanson the Bison Illustrated Magazine / Podcast. 

Meh.  Heard the same spiel from the Montana and Montana ST AD's as they fund raised for new facilities and improvements.  They will help with recruiting to get the best players etc.   Neither have any interest in moving up.  They always say we would look at any opportunity.  Standard crap that does not say we want to move up.  AD's are like politicians working the fund raising.  Never say anything to piss anyone off that might donate $$.

8 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

hmmm ... conveniently leaving out ticket revenue? And, yes, it all matters. On their own, they aren't going to matter as much but as a cumulative picture, it matters a great deal. People make huge business decisions based on Google traffic (I'm in online marketing and see it first hand all the time). 

You keep proving my point with one liners like "you're a bunch of nobodies".  I have proved your points are incorrect after going through NCAA Financial Reports, analyzing attendance, and popularity. 

What basis do you make the claim that we're another mouth to feed? I've provided quite a lot of evidence to support the contrary.
I've also analyzed the financials of moving up. Have you done so? Can you back up your inferred claim that NDSU can't support moving up?

So far you've been a lot of talk with nothing to back it up. Prove me wrong, please!

Look, you little turdball, everyone here has been plenty patient with your dumb smart guy shtick and cloying, annoying, "aw shucks you guys just don't get it" attitude. It's adorable you continue to try and convince the good fans here who don't give a shit about your stupid football program and don't want you here. 

You're never getting invited here, ever. And yes, you are a bunch of nobodies.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

9 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

And, yes, it all matters.

Been there, done that, no it doesnt.  There's different ways to slice it, but ultimately only 1 thing matters.  Money.  And no statistic you have massaged, created or manipulated has shown that NDSU can or can not bring enough to the table.  None.  Nada.  Zip.  There's a reason no school has made the jump from 1AA OVER the bottom rung conferences.  Because nobody other than the bottom feeders is willing or able to roll the dice on a complete unknown.  Even schools that had badass IAA programs such as NDSU.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

9 hours ago, RSF said:

Been there, done that, no it doesnt.  There's different ways to slice it, but ultimately only 1 thing matters.  Money.  And no statistic you have massaged, created or manipulated has shown that NDSU can or can not bring enough to the table.  None.  Nada.  Zip.  There's a reason no school has made the jump from 1AA OVER the bottom rung conferences.  Because nobody other than the bottom feeders is willing or able to roll the dice on a complete unknown.  Even schools that had badass IAA programs such as NDSU.

It does matter because networks and school administrations want a variety of metrics to gauge a brand / interest. If you were in the internet marketing world, you would believe me.

That said, money matters more, agreed. This is why most of the site ndsutofbs.com and me comparing NDSU vs other potential MWC invitees was primarily based of the 2018/2019 NCAA Financial Reports all schools have to fill out where you can see exactly how each program is doing financially as a whole and for each sport. NDSU, Montana, and JMU are all FCS schools who can financially support the G5 better than most lower G5 schools.

A quick example if you haven't been to the site:
 1386981142_ScreenShot2021-01-25at8_04_17AM.png.1ba14863474781853d509bc47becd212.png

10 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Look, you little turdball, everyone here has been plenty patient with your dumb smart guy shtick and cloying, annoying, "aw shucks you guys just don't get it" attitude. It's adorable you continue to try and convince the good fans here who don't give a shit about your stupid football program and don't want you here. 

You're never getting invited here, ever. And yes, you are a bunch of nobodies.

Instead of engaging with a more difficult point for you to deal with, you resort to name calling, again. It's really getting quite old. 

I'm starting to wonder if you were 1. a bully in HS (are you still in HS?) or 2. were bullied and still have built up tension/issues surrounding that. 

13 hours ago, Billings said:

Meh.  Heard the same spiel from the Montana and Montana ST AD's as they fund raised for new facilities and improvements.  They will help with recruiting to get the best players etc.   Neither have any interest in moving up.  They always say we would look at any opportunity.  Standard crap that does not say we want to move up.  AD's are like politicians working the fund raising.  Never say anything to piss anyone off that might donate $$.

Yeah, I'm not dismissing that. Totally possible. I think the most intriguing evidence for me is the change in tune over the past several years from a variety of people. The AD has changed his tune (though again I hear you on that) the media has changed it's tune, and most of the fans I talk with have been changing their tune over the past several years too.  

14 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I don’t hate the idea of NDSU in the MWC, but if we had to add a FCS school they would be after Montana in terms of schools I would prefer.

Montana seems like a solid choice. I don't think their brand is as strong as NDSUs and they have less than 1/2 the potential regional tv audience but they're in good shape financially, have good facilities and football attendance already above ¾ of the MWC

2 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

Montana seems like a solid choice. I don't think their brand is as strong as NDSUs and they have less than 1/2 the potential regional tv audience but they're in good shape financially, have good facilities and football attendance already above ¾ of the MWC

Are they? I feel like I've been reading that their enrollment has been decreasing, while MSU's has been increasing. No doubt they have a strong fan base, and nice stadium though.

I'll end this argument now. I asked. North Dakota State is not gonna be in the MWC. Period. In fact, no FCS school would get a call up to the MWC.

If anyone leaves the schools who would get the invite are NMSU, UTEP, Rice, and Texas State. I don't know why those schools are chosen and I don't care.

I would of thought If the MWC was gutted by a third of the schools then C-USA would probably be split up.

So let's end this NDSU bullshit.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

This chart doesn't include CSU's student tickets so it's inaccurate trash. 

I'm still trying to hunt down UNLV, CSU, Boise, and SDSU's 2018 or 2019 NCAA Financial Reports and if I couldn't find ticket sales in a reputable media article I left it out. That is why they are missing. The other data is accurate and the NCAA financial reports are linked to in the sources section at ndsutofbs.com

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

I'll end this argument now. I asked. North Dakota State is not gonna be on the MWC. Period. In fact, no FCS school would get a call up to the MWC.

If anyone leaves the schools who would get the invite are NMSU, UTEP, Rice, and Texas State. I don't know why those schools are chosen and I don't care.

I would of thought If the MWC was gutted by a third of the schools then C-USA would probably be split up.

So let's end this NDSU bullshit.

You asked Craig Thomson, or who?

They specifically said NMSU, UTEP, RICE, or Texas State would get an invite if anyone gets an invite?

4 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Who is this person you asked?

This person said NMSU, UTEP, RICE, or Texas State would get an invite?

No. He said those are the only schools the MWC has ever shown interest in with UTEP and Rice being the top two. But the MWC would stay at 10 of two schools leave or 9 of three schools leave. That doesn't include adding basketball/Olympic sports only schools.

The MWC has never talked about expanding and would never add a FCS school. They did talk to Montana years and years ago right when they had started taking WAC schools after Boise State and SDSU left for the Big East. That was it.

You're wasting everyone's time. NDSU needs to try the MAC if they wanna move up or C-USA if the MWC takes some western schools or the AAC adds UAB or whatever.

8 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

No. He said those are the only schools the MWC has ever shown interest in with UTEP and Rice being the top two. But the MWC would stay at 10 of two schools leave or 9 of three schools leave. That doesn't include adding basketball/Olympic sports only schools.

The MWC has never talked about expanding and would never add a FCS school. They did talk to Montana years and years ago right when they had started taking WAC schools after Boise State and SDSU left for the Big East. That was it.

You're wasting everyone's time. NDSU needs to try the MAC if they wanna move up or C-USA if the MWC takes some western schools or the AAC adds UAB or whatever.

who is he? Craig Thompson? If you can prove to me Craig Thompson would absolutely not want NDSU, then I'll be done. But there are a lot of decision makers and there's a lot of evidence NDSU is the smart logical decision while going with a Texas school doesn't seem very wise.