Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

utgrizfan

If Boise Leaves, does the MWC look to Expand?

3 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

I'm working on an addition to ndsutofbs.com . I'll give you a sneak peak at some of the revealing charts. Here are the options the MWC has at adding football teams:

Are you going to respond with a logical arguments or immature rhetoric?

-------
Ticket sales speaks for itself:
1163883839_ScreenShot2021-01-24at9_40_03AM.png.eb40c60b8c1f9ac5f161d33a19bb9e7e.png

Here's a good indicator of national brand value. This is the relative Google search traffic in the US over the last 5 years:

1437023495_ScreenShot2021-01-24at9_46_00AM.png.62668e98e0551b4325016aba68cdf2d1.png

Another national brand metric, social media followers. I put more stock into this because it lines up with everything else we see, google traffic + ticket sales. Strongly adds to the argument that NDSU is a national brand much bigger than the other potential invitees:

2051144929_ScreenShot2021-01-24at9_49_01AM.png.58da63eed7ec93743e89097de335969d.png

A bad look for ya'lls Texas schools. Here's the percent of their athletic department revenue that are subsidies directly from the state, student fees, or the institution itself. This is how much their program isn't sustaining itself. If I'm looking at bringing these schools in, this would make me nervous. (note: I'm still looking for NCAA Financial Reports for the schools not listed)
648897187_ScreenShot2021-01-24at9_51_23AM.png.e210a924051e57dbe54db2a9b3dd4e18.png

Coming soon: The 2020 Nielsen DMA Rankings in market size (hint: Fargo is likely bigger than Texas options because of the extreme competition in Texas)

What I'm responding with is that you're not wanted here and never will be. Go play football in the MAC or WAC. Nobody here cares or thinks about you. You don't jump from FCS to this league. You go to the Sun Belt or MAC. Win there and we'll talk in 15 years.  If you win.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

28 minutes ago, TheBigAwesome said:

NDSU Administrators need to take their asses to the WAC. None of the current FBS Conferences are interested in dragging up a lower-level team. 

The WAC’s unique position to possibly regain its previous FBS status appears to be the only viable option to that end. 

NDSU should be concurrently working SDSU (Lepus not racists) to accompany them, as rumors/reports have the WAC considering adding a couple of teams. 

Once established in the FBS, NDSU can then explore membership in a different FBS Conference. Reception may, or may not, be any different than it is currently. 

As expected, no one (so far) except @GoCoAztec can look at this objectively.

NDSU is by far the best choice (Montana being 2nd) if the MWC ads a football team after Boise state leaves. This is not the MWC giving NDSU a gift, this is not NDSU not "paying it's dues". This is the MWC RECOGNIZING the blatant facts that NDSU is a stronger bigger football brand than anyone else they can reasonably consider and they will help IMPROVE the MW brand.

You guys only know rhetoric. Give some hard facts as argumentation. Otherwise it's worthless and you're proving me right.

Again, see: 

Also, see NDSUTOFBS.COM

2 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

As expected, no one (so far) except @GoCoAztec can look at this objectively.

NDSU is by far the best choice (Montana being 2nd) if the MWC ads a football team after Boise state leaves. This is not the MWC giving NDSU a gift, this is not NDSU not "paying it's dues". This is the MWC RECOGNIZING the blatant facts that NDSU is a stronger bigger football brand than anyone else they can reasonably consider and they will help IMPROVE the MW brand.

You guys only know rhetoric. Give some hard facts as argumentation. Otherwise it's worthless and you're proving me right.

Again, see: 

Also, see NDSUTOFBS.COM

No, you aren't.

You're a bunch of nobodies. This league is more likely to contract rather than add. This place doesn't need another mouth to feed. You're already subsidized and it costs more to play at this level.

These are the hard facts. You think google searches and facebook likes represent "hard facts"? GTFO with that nonsense.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

21 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

No, you aren't.

You're a bunch of nobodies. This league is more likely to contract rather than add. This place doesn't need another mouth to feed. You're already subsidized and it costs more to play at this level.

These are the hard facts. You think google searches and facebook likes represent "hard facts"? GTFO with that nonsense.

hmmm ... conveniently leaving out ticket revenue? And, yes, it all matters. On their own, they aren't going to matter as much but as a cumulative picture, it matters a great deal. People make huge business decisions based on Google traffic (I'm in online marketing and see it first hand all the time). 

You keep proving my point with one liners like "you're a bunch of nobodies".  I have proved your points are incorrect after going through NCAA Financial Reports, analyzing attendance, and popularity. 

What basis do you make the claim that we're another mouth to feed? I've provided quite a lot of evidence to support the contrary.
I've also analyzed the financials of moving up. Have you done so? Can you back up your inferred claim that NDSU can't support moving up?

So far you've been a lot of talk with nothing to back it up. Prove me wrong, please!

57 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

hmmm ... conveniently leaving out ticket revenue? And, yes, it all matters. On their own, they aren't going to matter as much but as a cumulative picture, it matters a great deal. People make huge business decisions based on Google traffic (I'm in online marketing and see it first hand all the time). 

You keep proving my point with one liners like "you're a bunch of nobodies".  I have proved your points are incorrect after going through NCAA Financial Reports, analyzing attendance, and popularity. 

What basis do you make the claim that we're another mouth to feed? I've provided quite a lot of evidence to support the contrary.
I've also analyzed the financials of moving up. Have you done so? Can you back up your inferred claim that NDSU can't support moving up?

So far you've been a lot of talk with nothing to back it up. Prove me wrong, please!

Do you lobby on the AAC board too ?

Mr Bobnote..

Do you think your google search profile would increase or diminish going from the premier FCS member to one of 12 in a mid major conference?

Would ESPN come up to Fargo and do Game Day ahead of a matchup with SJSU?

Would your notoriety  suffer a bit by only being on regional tv, particularly since Fargo is not even in the region.

Would you be able to attract home games from P5 schools ooc?  

34 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Mr Bobnote..

Do you think your google search profile increase or diminish going from the premier FCS member to one of 12 in a mid major conference?

Would ESPN come up to Fargo and do Game Day ahead of a matchup with SJSU?

Would your notoriety  suffer a bit by only being on regional tv, particularly since Fargo is not even in the region.

Would you be able to attract home games from P5 schools ooc?  

NDSU winning all the time is getting old. The real story and interest is going to come when they go FBS. "Can they sustain their success" will be the headline.

I think it's possible, even if it's SJSU (every time ESPN GameDay has been to NDSU so far it's been against a bad team.) NDSU going to FBS is a story that I'm sure ESPN or whoever would be able to utilize quite nicely. 

Right now donors are withholding from giving because they're saying "Why do they need anymore? What's my $ going to do when they're winning every game?"
Right now the 1st / 2nd round playoffs attendance is way down because everyone knows it's going to be 40- 3 at half time.
NDSU isn't on national tv all that much right now. No more than they would in the MW.

What MW region? Wyoming is super different than San Diego which is way different than UNM. Fargo is just as far away as most of the Texas schools a lot of people are (erroneously) ok with joining the MW. 

Notoriety would go way up because we'd be the only G5 school for quite some distance. We would gain football market share in the region including going into the Minneapolis area as well as Sioux Falls.

As in have the p5 school come to NDSU? I doubt that. But if you mean have p5 schools scheduling NDSU? Then absolutely. NDSU would finally get to play Minnesota, Iowa State, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas State etc again. They all stopped scheduling NDSU because NDSU hasn't lost to a p5 school since around the early 2000's and it's embarrassing for them to lose to an FCS team. The schools know NDSU is just as good as an average p5 but have the FCS label which looks pretty bad for them. It's been a lose-lose for them.

Summary: NDSU is more than ready for FBS. FCS is holding them back from pay games, donor money, notoriety, and real competition.

5 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

I'm working on an addition to ndsutofbs.com . I'll give you a sneak peak at some of the revealing charts. Here are the options the MWC has at adding football teams:

Are you going to respond with a logical arguments or immature rhetoric?

I vote for immature rhetoric.

55 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

NDSU winning all the time is getting old. The real story and interest is going to come when they go FBS. "Can they sustain their success" will be the headline.

I think it's possible, even if it's SJSU (every time ESPN GameDay has been to NDSU so far it's been against a bad team.) NDSU going to FBS is a story that I'm sure ESPN or whoever would be able to utilize quite nicely. 

Right now donors are withholding from giving because they're saying "Why do they need anymore? What's my $ going to do when they're winning every game?"
Right now the 1st / 2nd round playoffs attendance is way down because everyone knows it's going to be 40- 3 at half time.
NDSU isn't on national tv all that much right now. No more than they would in the MW.

What MW region? Wyoming is super different than San Diego which is way different than UNM. Fargo is just as far away as most of the Texas schools a lot of people are (erroneously) ok with joining the MW. 

Notoriety would go way up because we'd be the only G5 school for quite some distance. We would gain football market share in the region including going into the Minneapolis area as well as Sioux Falls.

As in have the p5 school come to NDSU? I doubt that. But if you mean have p5 schools scheduling NDSU? Then absolutely. NDSU would finally get to play Minnesota, Iowa State, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas State etc again. They all stopped scheduling NDSU because NDSU hasn't lost to a p5 school since around the early 2000's and it's embarrassing for them to lose to an FCS team. The schools know NDSU is just as good as an average p5 but have the FCS label which looks pretty bad for them. It's been a lose-lose for them.

Summary: NDSU is more than ready for FBS. FCS is holding them back from pay games, donor money, notoriety, and real competition.

All very speculative.  What is your plan in the very likely event that the MW will 'not' offer you an invitation?     It is not the MW's fault that FCS is holding you back.  It is not the up to the MW to provide a platform for your ambition.  You can't afford to be a full member.  I am just not season why you are crucial add..

If Boise splits, stay at 11..The MW is not desperate for NDSU..

12 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

All very speculative.  What is your plan in the very likely event that the MW will 'not' offer you an invitation?     It is not the MW's fault that FCS is holding you back.  It is not the up to the MW to provide a platform for your ambition.  You can't afford to be a full member.  I am just not season why you are crucial add..

He does not even represent the majority of NDSU fans.  I don't think they, or their admin want to move up.  The whole thread is moot and full of meaningless points.    MWC will go to Texas if we add.    

4 minutes ago, Billings said:

He does not even represent the majority of NDSU fans.  I don't think they, or their admin want to move up.  The whole thread is moot and full of meaningless points.    MWC will go to Texas if we add.    

It does give us something to talk about.

11 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

True. That portion is more speculative then I would like.
Agree that the MW owes NDSU nothing. 

On what basis do you claim the MW would be desperate if they add NDSU? If you've ndsutofbs.com you'd have to know you're also, in essence, claiming that the MW has already been desperate in adding many of the teams that are worse off than NDSU.

If nothing else, everything I've shown is that NDSU is CLEARLY superior to any other realistic option if they are looking to add. 

12 minutes ago, Billings said:

There has been a big shift in the last several years in fan perspective on this. FCS is getting worse. NDSU has squeezed everything they can out of their current situation. There is nothing left to accomplish. There's also been a shift in the AD's talk when asked about it. They're clearly positioning themselves to take advantage of any opportunity (one of the reason they pushed for their new practice facility). 

Have you taken a deeper look at these Texas schools? They are way below the MW's standards. 

8 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

There has been a big shift in the last several years in fan perspective on this. FCS is getting worse. NDSU has squeezed everything they can out of their current situation. There is nothing left to accomplish. There's also been a shift in the AD's talk when asked about it. They're clearly positioning themselves to take advantage of any opportunity (one of the reason they pushed for their new practice facility). 

Have you taken a deeper look at these Texas schools? They are way below the MW's standards. 

Something that is probably meaningless to you.  If you came in as a football only school to replace all sports Boise, that would leave 10 basketball schools.  Not a problem normally but the conference just voted for  a 20 game conference schedule going forward..No chance they would add a basketball only school to balance you out.

16 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Once again there is no real/documented evidence that the NDSU  administration or majority of fans are even interested in moving up to FBS.  Hell even on the bidonville board most are opposed to the idea.

10 minutes ago, Billings said:

Once again there is no real/documented evidence that the NDSU  administration or majority of fans are even interested in moving up to FBS.  Hell even on the bidonville board most are opposed to the idea.

The dude is passionate about this so I don't mind him coming around..He is maybe a smidge too arrogant saying NDSU would be a top team in the MW right away.  That is a little off putting.

23 minutes ago, Billings said:

Listen to the AD Matt Larson at ~1:30:00 to 1:38:30. Does that sound like an AD who isn't gearing toward FBS? In past years his answer was "we feel like the FCS and being in the FCS playoffs is a great fit for us"

I'm not really on bisonville much so I can't speak for them. That forum seems to attract a certain fan that isn't really the majority.
Almost every top media person covering the team is pushing for FBS now. Examples: Mike Mcfeely and Dom Izzo of The Forum, Jeff Culhane Bison 1660, Josh Swanson the Bison Illustrated Magazine / Podcast. 

12 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Listen to the AD Matt Larson at ~1:30:00 to 1:38:30. Does that sound like an AD who isn't gearing toward FBS? In past years his answer was "we feel like the FCS and being in the FCS playoffs is a great fit for us"

I'm not really on bisonville much so I can't speak for them. That forum seems to attract a certain fan that isn't really the majority.
Almost every top media person covering the team is pushing for FBS now. Examples: Mike Mcfeely and Dom Izzo of The Forum, Jeff Culhane Bison 1660, Josh Swanson the Bison Illustrated Magazine / Podcast. 

Media guys are not university officials..

10 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Media guys are not university officials..

Aside from me referencing the AD ... when some of the more prominent members of the media all start favoring FBS (when they were against it for years) it's of note. They're not going to do that if a large portion of fans don't want the same thing.