Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maji

Emails: Boise & AAC

31 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

no offense Mongoose, but Hawaii is not the best party to ask about this because...

UH fans: "we need to join the MWC as a full member.

also UH fans: ... "but until we do, we cannot afford to let any members from outside California join the Big West."

I think most Hawaii fans are fine with the MW/BW setup. Only way we likely join the MW as full members is if it’s getting rid of travel subs completely. Which doesn’t seem likely any time soon unless membership shakeup happens.

We don’t pay for any new BW member post-us joining that has to travel to the islands. And if Boise joins we probably get some travel subs to travel there.

Hawaii's facilities will outclass Boise's after their new stadium is built, and when that happens their revenue streams will completely outclass Boise's as well. 

Plus, fans of MWC West teams would rather take a direct flight to Hawaii to watch a game than muddle their way through multiple connections to Boise.

12 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

I think most Hawaii fans are fine with the MW/BW setup. Only way we likely join the MW as full members is if it’s getting rid of travel subs completely. Which doesn’t seem likely any time soon unless membership shakeup happens.

We don’t pay for any new BW member post-us joining that has to travel to the islands. And if Boise joins we probably get some travel subs to travel there.

Exactly. And lest we all forget, Boise has not declared they are leaving.  Until they do, they remain wedded to the MWC

This was already discussed by me in better detail, but since people preferred to just call me names or drop stupid images instead of listen let me clarify a couple things the article does a poor job reporting. 

First, the AAC is only interested in adding a FB only member at this point-the article suggests they’re only interested in adding Boise as a FB only member-that is incorrect.  They are not interested in adding Boise at all at this time.

Second, but related,  they WOULD be interested in adding them along with other western teams in a full on western expansion.  But that won’t happen until after realignment in a few years, and they may not go west at all.  The article kind of says that but warps the message a little suggesting that if Boise could find some sort of western travel partner they could get in. 

Bottom line is still ‘that ship has sailed’... unless in a new conference configuration  that wouldn’t represent current aac membership post realignment in the future.  

I suspect harsin’s temper tantrum was based on the bad news, and him lamenting that Boise didn’t make the move back at the beginning.  Lost opportunities etc.

3 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

This was already discussed by me in better detail, but since people preferred to just call me names or drop stupid images instead of listen let me clarify a couple things the article does a poor job reporting. 

First, the AAC is only interested in adding a FB only member at this point-the article suggests they’re only interested in adding Boise as a FB only member-that is incorrect.  They are not interested in adding Boise at all at this time.

Second, but related,  they WOULD be interested in adding them along with other western teams in a full on western expansion.  But that won’t happen until after realignment in a few years, and they may not go west at all.  The article kind of says that but warps the message a little suggesting that if Boise could find some sort of western travel partner they could get in. 

Bottom line is still ‘that ship has sailed’... unless in a new conference configuration  that wouldn’t represent current aac membership post realignment in the future.  

I suspect harsin’s temper tantrum was based on the bad news, and him lamenting that Boise didn’t make the move back at the beginning.  Lost opportunities etc.

Ok porker

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Anybody can make a public records demand from any state funded entity under any state's PRA 

Here's the blank for Idaho,  delete "doughnuts" and replace w whatever records you want 

Dec 21 2020

Dear ,

Pursuant to the state open records law Idaho Code Ann. Secs. 74-101 to 74-126, I write to request access to and a copy of Doughnuts If your agency does not maintain these public records, please let me know who does and include the proper custodian's name and address.

I agree to pay any reasonable copying and postage fees of not more than $. If the cost would be greater than this amount, please notify me. Please provide a receipt indicating the charges for each document.

As provided by the open records law, I will expect your response within ten (10) business days. See Idaho Code Ann. Sec. 74-103.

If you choose to deny this request, please provide a written explanation for the denial including a reference to the specific statutory exemption(s) upon which you rely. Also, please provide all segregable portions of otherwise exempt material.

I would note that a deliberate and bad faith violation of the open records law can result in a fine of up to $1,000. See Idaho Code Ann. Sec. 74-117.An unjustified refusal to disclose public records can result in the award of reasonable costs and attorney fees. See Sec. 74-116.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not the same, and no not in the open.  Thompson broached the subject with the other MWC schools in a way opposite of how he told Tromp he would, the MWC in conversations without Boise agreed they would hold a surprise vote to terminate the deal.  Boise had no idea that would even be on the agenda.

Leaving the conference is backstabbing when done while breaching contracts, like Nevada and Fresno did.  No such thing with Boise.

Nevada had the contract from the WAC, but had not signed it, so how about you valet park your high horse slick. 

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

no offense Mongoose, but Hawaii is not the best party to ask about this because...

UH fans: "we need to join the MWC as a full member.

also UH fans: ... "but until we do, we cannot afford to let any members from outside California join the Big West."

Not all UH fans think alike and I've never advocated UH leaving the Big West to join the MWC as a full member.  So far as I'm concerned the current arrangement is in the best interests of all parties.

3 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Nevada had the contract from the WAC, but had not signed it, so how about you valet park your high horse slick. 

Nevada had legal action taken against them twice by the WAC.

For the early bail out and the exit fee.  Deals Nevada was part and partial to negotiating 

The WAC absolutely felt betrayed,

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This is akin to Trump team taking legal action against some states for voter fraud. Nothing to see here or way back when.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

For the early bail out and the exit fee.  Deals Nevada was part and partial to negotiating 

The WAC absolutely felt betrayed,

Anyone can initiate legal action...that means nothing. The WAC probably did feel betrayed. Boise State feels slighted.....everyone has feels these days. 

2 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Anyone can initiate legal action...that means nothing. The WAC probably did feel betrayed. Boise State feels slighted.....everyone has feels these days. 

Nevada and Fresno paid $900k to leave and agreed to play 2011 season in the WAC. Each paid 5 yearly installments of $180k. 

I still think Boise has a shot at this conference move. They did play hard and all the way to the end this past weekend against a legit top 20 team, even though they were obviously the inferior team and badly outmanned and out talented. Keep hitting send-your stock only went up with all that heart your team showed.

17 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Yes we get it, Nevada has has been sued 3 times in 10 years but are completely innocent while Boise is the devil

WAC never sued Boise, they sued your school twice.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes we get it, Nevada has has been sued 3 times in 10 years but are completely innocent while Boise is the devil

WAC never sued Boise, they sued your school twice.

You may be the most stubborn poster on this board I’ll give you that. 

22 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

This is akin to Trump team taking legal action against some states for voter fraud. Nothing to see here or way back when.

Not at all.

Nevada was a bunch of shady mother +++++ers working to secure the future of the WAC while also working to destroy it.

Own your shit.