Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

As a Boise State fan, I'm ready to get rid of the term sheet

9 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Strawman gonna strawman. If you jump to the fallacy that adding schools from Texas is the only fix, I guess so. 

I'd rather have the Montana schools than some third tier toilet in Texas. Shit, I'd rather have Sac State or UC Davis opposed to Texas TTTs. 

Get rid of it and join the AAC.  Win/win for everyone.  The whole Fox tv negotiations soured me on BSU playing in this league.  Maybe when the conf champ outside of Boise actually makes a ny6 game it would make sense.  SJSU is playing ball state.  

Posted Image

4 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Get rid of it and join the AAC.  Win/win for everyone.  The whole Fox tv negotiations soured me on BSU playing in this league.  Maybe when the conf champ outside of Boise actually makes a ny6 game it would make sense.  SJSU is playing ball state.  

That’s fine if they will have you please go.  

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

That’s fine if they will have you please go.  

If?  They already asked.  And continue to show interest.  The only reason BSU came back was the agreement on the term sheet.  

Posted Image

7 minutes ago, edluvar said:

And sacrifice every other sport? The WAC is the only option to park them. The WCC, Big West, and Big Sky will tell us to get +++++ed. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

25 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'd rather have the Montana schools than some third tier toilet in Texas. Shit, I'd rather have Sac State or UC Davis opposed to Texas TTTs. 

Saul about recruiting. Until TCU joined the MWC in 2005, SDSU almost never had any recruits from the state with the most FBS-quality high school players in the country. Since then, we've had several every year. In contrast, the number of FBS-caliber kids in Montana has to be near zero.

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

And sacrifice every other sport? The WAC is the only option to park them. The WCC, Big West, and Big Sky will tell us to get +++++ed. 

IDK. I think the Big Sky would let you in. Still, bad option all the way around. You'd be killing everything else just for the sake of playing East Coast commuter schools nobody cares about year in and year out. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

IDK. I think the Big Sky would let you in. Still, bad option all the way around. You'd be killing everything else just for the sake of playing East Coast commuter schools nobody cares about year in and year out. 

Also, Boise thrives on California recruits. I'm sure that had a lot to do with Kustra wanting SDSU to come along to the Big East a decade ago. For that reason, going to the AAC by its lonesome could kill Boise football.

I wouldn’t mind the olys being in the Big Sky as there would at least be some old rivalries. But I think the presidents in that league wouldn’t want a temporary school that would leave as soon as another all-sports opportunity came up. I don’t the the WAC would give a shit as most of the presidents in that league don’t even know their schools sponsor sports. 

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I wouldn’t mind the olys being in the Big Sky as there would at least be some old rivalries. But I think the presidents in that league wouldn’t want a temporary school that would leave as soon as another all-sports opportunity came up. I don’t the the WAC would give a shit as most of the presidents in that league don’t even know their schools sponsor sports. 

IDK. North Dakota joined and left within 5 years there. They might not give a shit. But still, it'd be a real step down from here. 

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

It's pretty clear that Boise has no other options. Might as well enjoy the MWC and create a challenging OOC schedule.

Harsin bashed on the MWC and called on Boise to join the AAC in his emails, but it doesn't seem plausible.  I don't see Boise being willing to join the WAC for other sports (only real option).   Geography doesn't make sense outside of the WAC, and the WCC and Big West won't expand.

I do think the MWC should try and add a couple of Texas schools to help with recruiting.  Boise used to get good Texas recruits.  It seems like the MWC / Boise recruiting has gone down in recent years.  Probably because California no longer offers as much talent.   Plus, it would allow Boise to move to the Pacific division.

As for UNLV- The Rebels seem to be doing fine with getting Texas recruits without any TX based MWC schools 

https://s3.amazonaws.com/unlvrebels.com/documents/2020/12/16/2021_Signing_Day_Release_FINAL.pdf

UNLV landed 6 recruits from Texas in this recent recruiting adding to the 7 Texans on the current roster..............and it's not like MWC schools are going to get the cream of the crop from Texas anyway, the MWC 

UNLV FOOTBALL 2021 EARLY CLASS BY STATE

CALIFORNIA (9)
NAME POS HT WT CL-EXP HOMETOWN PREVIOUS SCHOOL
Anton Ambuehl OL 6-6 275 FR-HS Santa Monica, CA Calabasas HS
Kamren Blanton DB 5-11 175 FR-HS Long Beach, CA St. John Bosco HS
Nick Dimitris DL 6-4 235 FR-HS Watts, CA Sierra Vista HS
Shaun Grayson TE 6-4 225 FR-HS La Mirada, CA La Mirada HS
Sammy Green RB 5-8 170 FR-HS Huntington Beach, CA Huntington Beach HS
Brye Lighon TE 6-3 220 FR-HS Murrieta, CA Linfield Christian School
Anthony Rosas OL 6-3 295 FR-HS Baldwin Park, CA Sierra Vista HS
Mychal Victor* DB 6-3 190 SO-TR Ventura, CA Ventura College
Kylan Wilborn# LB 6-2 240 SR-TR Northridge, CA Arizona

TEXAS (6)
Johnathan Baldwin DB 6-0 185 FR-HS Houston, TX Frank Dobie HS
Kevon Ivy DL 6-4 250 FR-HS Dallas, TX Duncanville HS
Jaylen Lane DB 6-0 180 FR-HS Pearland, TX Shadow Creek HS
Marsel McDuffie LB 6-1 220 FR-HS Grand Prairie, TX South Grand Prairie HS
Deamikkio Nathan WR 6-0 185 FR-HS Grand Prairie, TX South Grand Prairie HS
Cameron Oliver DB 6-1 160 FR-HS Richmond, TX Fort Bend Travis HS

HAWAI’I (2)
Cameron Friel* QB 6-4 205 FR-HS Kaneohe, HI Kailua HS
Kiliniahe Mendola-Jensen DB 6-2 160 FR-HS Pearl City, HI Punahou HS

NEVADA (1)
Aaron Holloway WR 5-11 180 FR-HS N. Las Vegas, NV Legacy HS

TENNESSEE (1)
Graham Keating OL 6-5 275 FR-HS Murfreesboro, TN Oakland HS

IDK. North Dakota joined and left within 5 years there. They might not give a shit. But still, it'd be a real step down from here. 

Oh, I agree about it being a big step down. I don’t want it to happen and it likely won’t.

11 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Sacrifice?  How?  The mwc has been underperforming in basketball hard.  The WCC and big west are actually better in basketball.  Golf and volleyball are probably stronger as well.  Where is the sacrifice?

Posted Image

Just now, edluvar said:

Sacrifice?  How?  The mwc has been underperforming in basketball hard.  The WCC and big west are actually better in basketball.  Golf and volleyball are probably stronger as well.  Where is the sacrifice?

The WCC and Big West would laugh at our request to join. We’d end up in the WAC with California Baptist, Tarleton State, and Dixie State. Yeah, would make for some great basketball matchups.

The WCC and Big West would laugh at our request to join. We’d end up in the WAC with California Baptist, Tarleton State, and Dixie State. Yeah, would make for some great basketball matchups.

The WAC has been sending the same amount of teams to March madness as the MWC lately.  You are really overvaluing a 1 bid league.  

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, edluvar said:

The WAC has been sending the same amount of teams to March madness as the MWC lately.  You are really overvaluing a 1 bid league.  

And you are really overvaluing Boise State’s worth to the AAC right now. I don’t think we bring much to the table with where we’re at. This isn’t 2012 anymore. 

And you are really overvaluing Boise State’s worth to the AAC right now. I don’t think we bring much to the table with where we’re at. This isn’t 2012 anymore. 

Your right, they don’t have UCONN anymore so they can, and probably will add a team to replace them for scheduling and cc game.   

Posted Image

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Other conferences recognize the top dog position, given an even playing field, will evolve over time.   That is why the they structure the payouts in an even manner.   Hard to say, looking at the regression of the MWC teams across the board, that our model of pinning our hopes on one entitled team has been successful.   

if it were anyone other than me saying it you would readily agree with this obvious statement.  

Not really. USC and Texas even in bad years still are the top draw. Even pitiful Nebraska still has a ton of value. If BSU goes thru a Nebraska or even a BYU slump I’m not sure they can maintain their drawing power. Hawaii is up and down and is very close to BSU ability to draw tv audience. I would say if Hawaii and BSU had similar records over a period of time Hawaii would be the more valuable team. Hawaii can’t win consistently and the cost to run football from the Island is so expensive.

BSU power has been being the most dominant team in the west. Harsin has kept them there letting him go would be a huge mistake. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

No I wouldn’t. I don’t view the 1.8 million as having been stolen from the other schools. 

Of course you don't...you're a Boise fan!