Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Spartans To Play Ball State

6 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Remember when the Arizona Bowl was humiliated and matched up two MWC teams in its first year and wasn’t even on TV?  Now it’s on CBS on New Years Eve and has a match up between two conference champs!

Nevada and (especially) CSU don't like to be reminded...

I said early in the year that San Jose St looked like a P5 school. San Jose deserve a better game. Frankly they might possibly be the best G5 team. But Craig T destroyed their chances by not playing football while the Covid was relatively calm before the flu season hit.

There needs to be a lawsuit to force the expansion of the playoffs to include all conference champions. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

3 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

What good has that guy EVER provided? He is worse than the guy that "Ran" the WAC. Truly useless.

Hair put himself in a win-win situation.  If the Spartans lose to Ball State the onus would be on SJSU, not Hair.  However if the Spartans win, Hair will probably complain that the MWC never gets any respect for not getting a worthy competitor.  Just like a typical politician.     

41 minutes ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

I don’t know much about Ball State, but I assume from the name, they take sports seriously 

It's David Letterman's alma mater. It's in Indiana. That's about all I know about it. 

1 hour ago, WAC_FAN said:

Remember when the Arizona Bowl was humiliated and matched up two MWC teams in its first year and wasn’t even on TV?  Now it’s on CBS on New Years Eve and has a match up between two conference champs!

It’s a fast up and comer. It won’t be long when the AZ Bowl is a P5 Bowl. It totally smokes the Sun Bowl at UTEP. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

It's David Letterman's alma mater. It's in Indiana. That's about all I know about it. 

Ball State University (Ball State or BSU) is a public research university in Muncie, Indiana. It has two satellite facilities in Fishers and Indianapolis. On July 25, 1917, the Ball brothers, industrialists and founders of the Ball Corporation, acquired the foreclosed Indiana Normal Institute for $35,100 and gave the school and surrounding land to the State of Indiana. The Indiana General Assembly accepted the donation in the spring of 1918, with an initial 235 students enrolling at the Indiana State Normal School – Eastern Division on June 17, 1918.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

David Letterman once called Ball State "the Harvard of Muncie":D

I watched the MAC championship and the Ball State Cardinals are very good. The Arizona Bowl should be a close game.

1 hour ago, crixus said:

Ball State University (Ball State or BSU) is a public research university in Muncie, Indiana. It has two satellite facilities in Fishers and Indianapolis. On July 25, 1917, the Ball brothers, industrialists and founders of the Ball Corporation, acquired the foreclosed Indiana Normal Institute for $35,100 and gave the school and surrounding land to the State of Indiana. The Indiana General Assembly accepted the donation in the spring of 1918, with an initial 235 students enrolling at the Indiana State Normal School – Eastern Division on June 17, 1918.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

David Letterman once called Ball State "the Harvard of Muncie". :D

I watched the MAC championship and the Ball State Cardinals are very good. The Arizona Bowl should be a close game.

This from the guy who proclaimed he was a "C" student. LOL

Is Ball State ranked? Did San Jose State's ranking go up after beating Boise State? Looks to be a good game, Champion Vs. Champion. Can't wait to see this San Jose State team play one more time, they're very good, way better than I ever expected.

7 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Is Ball State ranked? Did San Jose State's ranking go up after beating Boise State? Looks to be a good game, Champion Vs. Champion. Can't wait to see this San Jose State team play one more time, they're very good, way better than I ever expected.

Ball State is not ranked.

Yes.

#19 in the AP Poll

#20 in the Coaches Poll

#22 in the CFB Poll

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

I like the matchup though.

The tale of two underdogs that, coincidentally, went from zero to hero.

You had two opponents that had been awful in the past 5 years or so. Ball State hasn't had a winning season since '13. For both coaches (Brennan and Neu), this year is their first winning season.

Both opponents didn't have a lot of fan support and people going to the games either. I remember reading about how Ball State has the lowest avg. attendance in the FBS for consecutive years.

11 hours ago, Ibanez said:

What they are basically saying is an undefeated Sparta with wins over Boise, Nevada, and SDSU are only good enough to play a one loss MAC team? +++++ing ridiculous. This conference gets no respect.

This year we do not deserve much respect but I agree with you, our conference champ certainly deserves MUCH better than Ball State.  In fact they deserve much better than any MAC or CUSA school. My worry is that we are allowing not only the AAC but also the Sun Belt to move ahead of us. But many here believe that Hair is doing an excellent job.

I don't much believe that the oft heard excuse of "east coast bias" is as accurate as some here would like it to be. However if you were watching ESPN or ABC yesterday, especially during the Cincy vs. Tulsa CCG you heard a propaganda blast about the superiority of the AAC and how badly they are being treated by the college playoff group and the P6.

I believe we made a mistake not going with ESPN in our TV contract. Or was the extra money we received from CBS and Fox worth it?

7 minutes ago, 1066 said:

This year we do not deserve much respect but I agree with you, our conference champ certainly deserves MUCH better than Ball State.  In fact they deserve much better than any MAC or CUSA school. My worry is that we are allowing not only the AAC but also the Sun Belt to move ahead of us. But many here believe that Hair is doing an excellent job.

I don't much believe that the oft heard excuse of "east coast bias" is as accurate as some here would like it to be. However if you were watching ESPN or ABC yesterday, especially during the Cincy vs. Tulsa CCG you heard a propaganda blast about the superiority of the AAC and how badly they are being treated by the college playoff group and the P6.

I believe we made a mistake not going with ESPN in our TV contract. Or was the extra money we received from CBS and Fox worth it?

For a program like BSU, they want the exposure.   They already get $1.8MM more than their MWC conference-mates. For the other teams, we just want more dough, so viva CBSSports and Fox...