Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Spartans To Play Ball State

Go Spartans!

https://entertainment--news.com/2020/12/20/san-jose-state-headed-to-arizona-for-new-years-eve-bowl-game/

3NWH-cGv8V2d3pQdSEWrd_H3NpXxYPGX2cj6XvZqtgZfn1s8dpyZ_Gbm8hr3SJiFvr2_ZlAdSRAfh0WPvv6qNUAL-5LkU4jahz9WO5xGka5_CZXPxnEmVuRGiT2CbBLPR0YGRVXNQkLBKqIML9X56m7TV1XDct6vVembeoArtsFsI-Zm1x08QUFV11cXz8phy8If3finyjWDJENR-BH2dpcyk8-lkb0VCAbT95cWvF0Kgc2R1-mFDIuhM06Iteq3IfWi7QZyw0qwpPRjC808bJr_lURpwp0UbUjJsolApl8eprGTGbqQkzRhWQxCX0y5drLroxLb-AuwZwNi5b1NIWNgSAYTxcOyQtW4cc2WzqoZcRk82Achw5k450Ku-Y7uTuzM5h4t6u5wwOuZdkj8lB_OQUc0yWBsUnTkTCZpB3Dam211VxpfK-l53SbSpOy0Mk4UBy0Ro2LoCaM2YSRd-ao4m0QAbVLHj2ErQnRFULYmHph2ZckHZReQa_COgnLCRuAkPNM5hJC3Lypwxp8LZAhRvhVyedngkRcazlcaLDIqG9lbcfnRFe8w1uw6_gdCpBuojQgbW5X8Y6OoqWxI84AW-teaw840bBX1DJhYF3YG2UP7o3Qf4V_77xTxRtJrUybkw0mw1Szq1KiWMMc1sHm3emFUxeagl5B0QKQvAACtXmyuH6ZLpDDVenu6DQ=w679-h445-no?authuser=0

The Ball State Cardinals are very good. They just beat previously unbeaten Buffalo in the MAC Championship game. 

13 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

San Jose State deserves better.

I completely agree, SJSU deserves a better opponent than Ball State. I believe this Spartan team would give USC a run for their money. They’re solid in the trenches and that’s what it takes to stack up.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, crixus said:

Arizona Bowl - MWC Champions vs MAC Champions on New Year's Eve.

https://entertainment--news.com/2020/12/20/san-jose-state-headed-to-arizona-for-new-years-eve-bowl-game/

hCTfYBBM10UfVXcniE_reaaO-Wc9blCtb4s_p4YgiCjdi9Iv3yqSLZWYSVL5dQ33CriNB8CbaybSGF3BCt9lESYmtOCRrvgrBWG9nrDMX9e_bzOYADAuce49E26FQzRHf60JBeELl1b_tThKyjdd9dqdQM86heQQxsUQ2c3VF1bslifowQdCqK5ISnw3JmwiPhqcSFsQmd8JB_Qf30zr7dEhv9vtV4AQW41dgRv4wb5ki08T-ZMK_4oLBh9awEO5TjpiOD4Z1LlHpEilSeTSzqOU2GlfMLJi8nPSeHu7jTrCzvFS4KXAV_Xml7SHP1B0ggOALmvhCnlt5tunRnRHoC5RDjg8RuQ8OrBkghom9p-S8P9DtBF6mbgak-DhKmteCxjyTpbyJuLcOUKdN4NCZ75DXshikde-cWr-mpQxe6eXIi3X-X2qm85mfylXc_cxbtZxq_hqsbFGHpmmyt1r9Phv1gJ3aeYjylhLMF1Xu3nLtXykbM6aySJte7k24STJ3RsiDgCyyNBNR4WSbbR_KHQnVENCg5yzeveut65aty8lvTXtkEIaYoNu-C1NOsefBL8jpgs-esh7lDjC1__w07q-0ODZ3vy1nMwKuQLO8_YBGW8bOCCWU4YhaSY6CMA4lhUf_7ve_L_v3gXiCS-E9Q16Jg0cN2sWScylT483iPEWgEswScG1gOE_dWixLQ=w280-h276-no?authuser=0Arizona BowlBall State

The Ball State Cardinals are very good. They just beat previously unbeaten Buffalo in the MAC Championship game. 

Yikes.  That's rough.

SJSU deserved a better opponent.

Boise might get the better bowl game.

29 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Yikes.  That's rough.

Which would be a damn shame as SJSU deserves the better bowl and opponent. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

What they are basically saying is an undefeated Sparta with wins over Boise, Nevada, and SDSU are only good enough to play a one loss MAC team? +++++ing ridiculous. This conference gets no respect.

If the LA bowl didn’t get canceled they would be playing there.  But as it is, I’m  looking forward to the AZ Bowl in a battle of champions.

Par for the course.  These Spartans have dealt with crap all year in terms of covid -- five of their scheduled games were canceled or moved because of it, as was the CCG.  They had to gear up for the season at Humboldt State because of restrictions in Santa Clara County, and in a weird symmetry, the last three games, including the CCG were also moved out of the county.

As a reward, they get..... Ball State?  I know better than to disrespect an opponent, but is this what successfully "climbing the mountain" gets you?  Buffalo, at least, would have been a fun matchup between that offense and the Spartans defense.  Ball State's tough, don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of nothing but MAC teams in what few bowl games we get.  

Not sure why everyone is saying that SJSU deserves better. Ball State is the MAC champion. It's going to be tough any time you have to play another conference champion.

As much as we'd all love to see the MW champion go up against a bigger marquee school, this is still a very good opponent and some of you are acting like the MW is far too superior for the MAC.

Don't let the MAC full you, just like the MW they're filled with smaller, hungry G5 schools that will punch you in the mouth.

1MXnKMV.jpg

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Yikes.  That's rough.

I’m sure the MAC Champs are saying the same thing.  Regardless we need to focus in on this and win this game.   West Coast football has zero national respect at the moment.  

10 minutes ago, ZK686 said:

Not sure why everyone is saying that SJSU deserves better. Ball State is the MAC champion. It's going to be tough any time you have to play another conference champion.

As much as we'd all love to see the MW champion go up against a bigger marquee school, this is still a very good opponent and some of you are acting like the MW is far too superior for the MAC.

Don't let the MAC full you, just like the MW they're filled with smaller, hungry G5 schools that will punch you in the mouth.

I'm certainly not dissing the MAC or Ball State.  But going back to at least 1981, almost every time SJSU made a bowl game, they get a MAC opponent.  Only in 2006, in the New Mexico Bowl (against the Lobos) and 2015 (a bowl despite a 5-7 season because not enough teams were bowl-eligible), have the Spartans not faced a MAC opponent.  It would just be nice to *not* face the MAC again, is all.  

Playing a MAC school like Ball State is exactly what I would expect for a team like San Jose State, which came into the season without any pre-season hype or laurels. They were picked to finish 10th in the MWC poll, and these were voters that should have known better about the Spartans. San Jose State also did not have a marquee non-conference victory over P5 school that might have garnered them early attention. With that in mind, I really cannot be disappointed in San Jose State facing Ball State.

Now, if San Jose State can keep Coach Brennan, and not lose too many members of his staff, and a high number of senior and graduate players opt to return; then SJSU could possibly be ranked at the start of the season. If they were to have another season like 2020, then I would expect a much better bowl game. But, that's another story, for another day.

Champ Logo.jpg

23 minutes ago, ziggy29 said:

Par for the course.  These Spartans have dealt with crap all year in terms of covid -- five of their scheduled games were canceled or moved because of it, as was the CCG.  They had to gear up for the season at Humboldt State because of restrictions in Santa Clara County, and in a weird symmetry, the last three games, including the CCG were also moved out of the county.

As a reward, they get..... Ball State?  I know better than to disrespect an opponent, but is this what successfully "climbing the mountain" gets you?  Buffalo, at least, would have been a fun matchup between that offense and the Spartans defense.  Ball State's tough, don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of nothing but MAC teams in what few bowl games we get.  

Welcome to the top of the heap, Spartans.  Where you realize the Hair is an ineffective lobbyist for our champs.

2 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Playing a MAC school like Ball State is exactly what I would expect for a team like San Jose State, which came into the season without any pre-season hype or laurels. They were picked to finish 10th in the MWC poll, and these were voters that should have known better about the Spartans. San Jose State also did not have a marquee non-conference victory over P5 school that might have garnered them early attention. With that in mind, I really cannot be disappointed in San Jose State facing Ball State.

Now, if San Jose State can keep Coach Brennan, and not lose too many members of his staff, and a high number of senior and graduate players opt to return; then SJSU could possibly be ranked at the start of the season. If they were to have another season like 2020, then I would expect a much better bowl game. But, that's another story, for another day.

Yep let’s hope that group intends to run it back again next year.