Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

Perfect Time to Confirm the Sunsetting of el Juco's Media Deal

You better work on figuring out how miles you’re gonna have to drive to help CSU pay the strokes on that new crib.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

It's been a slow process but Boise football is gradually diminishing in importance.

The Broncos are still the premier program in the MWC but I would love to see them bail for the AAC. I think that with no longer being in a conference with California schools, Boise would lose their major source of talent and be a .500 team most years.

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

It's been a slow process but Boise football is gradually diminishing in importance.

The Broncos are still the premier program in the MWC but I would love to see them bail for the AAC. I think that with no longer being in a conference with California schools, Boise would lose their major source of talent and be a .500 team most years.

They started out okay in a conference without California members.  And IF they bailed for the AAC, they'd be able to pick up more talent from Texas.

30 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Right that's the stress on Boise--it needs to keep winning or it loses any negotiating power.  2 or 3 average seasons in a row and your conference mates will force you to re-negoatiate.

I hope so.  It worked out great last time for y’all 😂.  I’ve come around to the AAC.  I think it honestly is a better fit for BSU football.  Let the MWC rework their deal with fox and get back on espn.   

Posted Image

1 minute ago, edluvar said:

I hope so.  It worked out great last time for y’all 😂.  I’ve come around to the AAC.  I think it honestly is a better fit for BSU football.  Let the MWC rework their deal with fox and get back on espn.   

No way Ed. The MWC is a better fit. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

No way Ed. The MWC is a better fit. 

Not from an exposure or commitment to football.  They are just closer.  And honestly after the chit show around the last TV deal I would rather BSU be associated with more like minded institutions for athletics.  The mwc will never be the P12 academically so why not play football against better teams?  The sun belt is getting more respect right now. SJSU, monster year for them, best ever, undefeated.  Ranked in the 20s 🤦‍♂️ 

Posted Image

Just now, edluvar said:

Not from an exposure or commitment to football.  They are just closer.  And honestly after the chit show around the last TV deal I would rather BSU be associated with more like minded institutions for athletics.  The mwc will never be the P12 academically so why not play football against better teams?  The sun belt is getting more respect right now. SJSU, monster year for them, best ever, undefeated.  Ranked in the 20s 🤦‍♂️ 

SJSU will move up.  WAG, they jump to #19

35 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Think long-term. The AAC is good now but that might not last, especially if one of their better programs gets poached. Our olys would be decimated if they were forced to go play in the WAC. Let’s grow the MWC - losing a championship isn’t a bad thing provided SJSU can maintain the momentum. This conference needs a big three rather than a big one for sustainable national respect. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

21 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Think long-term. The AAC is good now but that might not last, especially if one of their better programs gets poached. Our olys would be decimated if they were forced to go play in the WAC. Let’s grow the MWC - losing a championship isn’t a bad thing provided SJSU can maintain the momentum. This conference needs a big three rather than a big one for sustainable national respect. 

Big west has great golf.   How worse would the olys be honestly?  The mwc is trending down hard in basketball.  

Posted Image

1 hour ago, edluvar said:

Big west has great golf.   How worse would the olys be honestly?  The mwc is trending down hard in basketball.  

And (traditionally) great volleyball

5 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

You better work on figuring out how miles you’re gonna have to drive to help CSU pay the strokes on that new crib.

Easy lad, we're struggling with some stuff right now, but we still wear big boy pants.  That stadium $$ crap is old and tired.  We're just fine, thank you.

3 hours ago, edluvar said:

So, go for it.  I'm not a fan of Boise leaving, but if that's what ya'll want...don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  I'm all about Boise sticking around without the whining about how much better they are and how they deserve everything, but I'm sick of the whining.  Just join the conference or get the hell out.  Pick one.

BTW, as I type this I'm watching sportscenter.  Tiger Woods little kid would kick my ass.  Just sayin'.

4 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

They started out okay in a conference without California members.  And IF they bailed for the AAC, they'd be able to pick up more talent from Texas.

Pfft. It’ll require more than just a move to the AAC to get more talent from Texas for Boise. 

51 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

So, go for it.  I'm not a fan of Boise leaving, but if that's what ya'll want...don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  I'm all about Boise sticking around without the whining about how much better they are and how they deserve everything, but I'm sick of the whining.  Just join the conference or get the hell out.  Pick one.

BTW, as I type this I'm watching sportscenter.  Tiger Woods little kid would kick my ass.  Just sayin'.

Boise is essentially the little brother version of BYU in this conference. 

7 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Well to be fair I’m sure my 75 year old mother could kick your ass if we are talking about throwing hands.  Golf...you might be able to beat her there.  

9 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Easy lad, we're struggling with some stuff right now, but we still wear big boy pants.  That stadium $$ crap is old and tired.  We're just fine, thank you.

Doesn't CSU have something like a $60m stadium slush fund to cover lulls in the program? They're fine.

10 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Tigers boy is awesome.  And talks great smack.  I’m excited for little Jon Daley 

Posted Image