Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Hawaii may not have a home next year

If Hawaii has to move to the mainland for 2021, how about playing at UC Santa Barbara's Harder Stadium?  Yes, UH is 0-3 all time there.  But 17K capacity, on-campus, just a 10 minute walk to the beach.   Win win.

And in return, all we ask for is two years of us participating in the Diamond Head Classic.

image.png.8e54f8fa46a3affa61260e7ce2d59b90.png

image.png.0a1f649d709ee017109e0c8c035ad8e0.png

18 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Nevada, Fresno State. You're up. Let's get those facilities upgraded by 2024.

I’d absolutely love to, but there’s no way in hell it’s happening for Nevada.

I just hope we’re allowed to have fans in 2021.

If Hawaii football were to fall and die in the rainforest,  would anybody here it?

Stick to surfing and pig feasts. Stick to what you're good at you're good at.

Hows this happen? I feel like I’ve been reading for years that this could happen.

Yet no plan by Hawaii admin for new stadium?

Terrible planning. At least CSU had the foresight to build Canvas before it was too late

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

1 hour ago, LoFasZz said:

Hows this happen? I feel like I’ve been reading for years that this could happen.

Yet no plan by Hawaii admin for new stadium?

Terrible planning. At least CSU had the foresight to build Canvas before it was too late

Hawaii has wanted a new stadium for years or better maintenance of the existing Aloha Stadium. They are just renters in the same way SDSU was with Qualcomm 

the issue has been the Stadium Authority and more the latter state gov had been pushing the can down the road for the last decade plus.

they only started wanting to make the new stadium after being told it would cost the state more in maintenance of the existing stadium up to safety protocols over the next decade than just build a new one.