Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

SDSU-BYU Basketball

1 minute ago, Wolverine said:

Not sure what your point is, and no idea who “we” and “you” are. 

Boise State is not better than San Diego State.  They are the best team in the conference.  Probably 16 wins in MW play.  The back-to-back games will probably give them an extra loss.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, I pointed that out earlier in the thread. But Shackel was a big one. There was just nobody outside of Mitchell that could score, and depth has been their strength all season. I think it would be different if they played again, but BYU was definitely the better overall team today

You match up against the worst BYU can play. If BYU plays average or good you would have zero chance to beat us.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

3 hours ago, AztecSU said:

BYU played harder and smarter all game. Good win Cougars. 

Now win the MWC and beat BSU. This should’ve been a conference game. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Have you ever been on the cougar board? I mean, that piece of crap of a 1990s format board? Boise had 19 players out. Last years game was a back up QB vs a back up QB. Boise was down to a 5th string walk on QB, starting RB out, starting WR out, and a decimated DL where they had to play OLmen on the DL. Not even close to similar. Had BYU have beaten CCU, I would have definitely championed them for a NY6 Bowl. I was championing them earlier in the season when others were questioning their schedule.

But back to the original statement of the half a momos. I'll conced that BYU might win 3 games if they played Boise 20 times. Can we not agree with that?

Boise vs BYU is a family rivalry.  One of the greatest new rivalries of the past 50 years.

Both fanbases are passionate about potatoes and ice cream.

Nothing gets Boise fans as fired up as BYU.  Not even Idaho or UNR...

The past 2 years, BYU has dominated Boise in football.  BYU has finally figured out the Blue Turf.

Boise has an elite basketball team this year.  Boise got the last word in Hoops.

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Our BYU game had no business being within 15 points.  We let them back in by playing slop.  No Dutrive or Shaver.

Boise is a far better Basketball team.

Agreed.  Boise has a top 25 basketball team.

Boise vs Gonzaga should be an annual rivalry.

If Boise's membership application to the WCC gets accepted, we would see some amazing rivalries with Boise in the WCC.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

It was a good win, but San Diego State is not even remotely as good as last year.  They beat Creighton by 30 points, and they would’ve been a two seed like San Diego State.

I’m not saying that San Diego State isn’t any good.  I’m just saying that they’re not even close to what they were last year.

SDSU was ranked in the top 25.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Boise vs BYU is a family rivalry.  One of the greatest new rivalries of the past 50 years.

Both fanbases are passionate about potatoes and ice cream.

Nothing gets Boise fans as fired up as BYU.  Not even Idaho or UNR...

This past 2 years, BYU has dominated Boise in football.  BYU has finally figured out the Blue Turf.

Boise has an elite basketball team this year.

BSU might be our 2nd biggest rival overall. Utah, BSU/USU, SDSU. We play those 3 all the time. 

BSU is the only school we play in both sports every year. Maybe they are the rival now.

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I want to get a cardboard fan cutout of @Bob for the Marriott Center.

Bob is an closet BYU fan now.   Proud to have Bob in our ranks.   (a lot of BYU fans are accountants)

Bob likes you and I. He hates BYU. Or at least he pretends to.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

It was a good win, but San Diego State is not even remotely as good as last year.  They beat Creighton by 30 points, and they would’ve been a two seed like San Diego State.

I’m not saying that San Diego State isn’t any good.  I’m just saying that they’re not even close to what they were last year.

Like I said earlier...some of us are old enough to remember when UNLV was elite in basketball.

I was alive when UNLV won a national championship in basketball, so many decades ago...  Amazing memories during the Reagan years.

But, the past decade of Rebels Basketball has been a huge bust.  UNLV can't put together an elite team like SDSU or Boise in basketball, let alone UNR.  Who knows why?   Some on here blame the Golden Knights.

@boisewitha-s predicted UNLV's decline 8 years ago.

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Doesn't mean there isn't a bigly meltdown on AztecMess this evening.

JFC those people are insufferable.

@Rev McQuervoMcQuervo took SDSU's loss especially hard.  He had guaranteed a win against BYU.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

First time on a message board?

A depleted Boise made you look slow and unathletic.

Our best athlete didnt play.  

Despite playing really lethargic (give BSU some credit) for the 1sr 12 minutes BYU tied the game up in the final minute.  

If the game were 5 minutes longer BYU wins by double digits.  

Our best athlete didn't play.  

2 minutes ago, npliam said:

Our best athlete didnt play.  

Despite playing really lethargic (give BSU some credit) for the 1sr 12 minutes BYU tied the game up in the final minute.  

If the game were 5 minutes longer BYU wins by double digits.  

Our best athlete didn't play.  

If the game were longer you lose by 10.  Boise had momentum.  

You lost.  At home.  With Boise playing without two starters.  In a game that never should have been close.  BYU was too slow and unathletic.

BYU made slope and Boise took bad shots, otherwise this is a 15 point lose for BYU.  BYU simply did not match up athletically against Boise's backups and got every home court bounce and call.  

The Aztecs showed some chinks in the armor today. Pulliam is nowhere near the player Flynn was. Huge subtraction right there. Wetzel was a very versatile player who could play inside or out.

Mensah doesn’t have Wetzels versatility, however Mensah is a better defender. If Schakel is off like today, the SDSU offense becomes one dimensional with Mitchell. There is no one else to pick up the slack. 

Im not sure why but SDSU didn’t look like the same team that beat UCLA and ASU. BYU was definitely the aggressor in this game and the Aztecs couldn’t match BYUs intensity.