Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Trump has reportedly been convinced he actually won, tells advisers he may not vacate the White House

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Uhm no.  The number of Justices would be what violated a norm in regards to packing.  Your Garland argument was weak, confirming a Justice in an election year with divided government has only happened twice in our countries history, it has been denied 19 times.  The rest of your nonsense argument was based on "the constitution allows it"  Well sure if you can pass an amendment.  The EC is outlined in the constitution.  DC is outlined in the constitution.

Keeping up yet?

So more judges can be added?   I don’t really care about norms anymore.  Trump blew that up. 

Posted Image

Just now, edluvar said:

So more judges can be added?   I don’t really care about norms anymore.  Trump blew that up. 

They sure can!  I also would not be opposed to that if done right.

Trump operated within the norms for the SCOTUS.  If you want a tit for tat war with Justice appointments by expanding the court everything power changes...yikes.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They sure can!  I also would not be opposed to that if done right.

Trump operated within the norms for the SCOTUS.  If you want a tit for tat war with Justice appointments by expanding the court everything power changes...yikes.

Under the constitution it’s up to congress. That seems the “right” way. 

Posted Image

The president can decide to order a nuclear strike and if the sec of def. knows it is the actual president ordering it, the missle fires.

Because something can be done is not a reason it should.  Biden will not allow the court packing, he knows it would destroy his legacy.

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The president can decide to order a nuclear strike and if the sec of def. knows it is the actual president ordering it, the missle fires.

Because something can be done is not a reason it should.  Biden will not allow the court packing, he knows it would destroy his legacy.

He doesn't have a choice in the matter. Manchin went on Fox News and said he won't vote to stack the court

1 minute ago, Maji said:

He doesn't have a choice in the matter. Manchin went on Fox News and said he won't vote to stack the court

Yeah, we have discussed how it is simply not an option a lot here.  Votes would never be there.

Still does not mean we should not mock people who think it is a good idea.

I would be fine with changing the structure of the court to more closely reflect the circuits, if it was done right.  IE, in a non divided government the POTUS picks two to be confirmed and the SCOTUS nominates the rest.  In a divided government POTUS nominates one and accepts the recommendation of the Senate on the second nomination and the SCOTUS decides the rest. 

That is pretty close to Mayor Pete's proposal, almost identical.

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And the executive.  The executive can refuse to nominate.  I thought you studied law?

I did.  I like learning how you right wingers interpret it though.  

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, edluvar said:

I did.  I like learning how you right wingers interpret it though.  

Not very well if you did not know the EC was in the constitution and DC would need an amendment due to the 23'rd.

Jesus, that is like high school civics.

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:
9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not very well if you did not know the EC was in the constitution and DC would need an amendment due to the 23'rd.

Jesus, that is like high school civics.

Look Guy.  The constitution has the ability to be amended.  It’s not final.  Tell me again how judges can’t be added by congress, that sounded better 

Posted Image

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Look guy, I have never once made that argument, ever.

Get an amendment passed.  Until then the Constitution absolutely does say what can and can not be done.

You fail.

There are other ways to get rid of the EC.  National popular vote interstate compact comes to mind.  Essentially neutering the EC in favor of the popular vote.  

Posted Image

5 minutes ago, edluvar said:

There are other ways to get rid of the EC.  National popular vote interstate compact comes to mind.  Essentially neutering the EC in favor of the popular vote.  

Still need an EC super majority....good luck with that.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, it is the 15 states that have agreed to pledge their electors to the popular vote.  You are a long, long ways off.

Right now they are sitting at 196 electoral votes.  Pledged to the popular vote winner.  

Posted Image

Haven't read the whole thread but my take if he won't leave

Treat him like he treated the peaceful protestors he gassed in order to have his church-bible moment.

That said I think he goes to Mar al lago during the holidays and simply doesn't come back. It's not like he's doing any work.

One of the Final Five..........

16 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Haven't read the whole thread but my take if he won't leave

Treat him like he treated the peaceful protestors he gassed in order to have his church-bible moment.

That said I think he goes to Mar al lago during the holidays and simply doesn't come back. It's not like he's doing any work.

They don’t want him in Florida 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/trump-mar-a-lago-neighbors-dispute/2020/12/15/bc2ce1d0-3ed4-11eb-9453-fc36ba051781_story.html%3foutputType=amp

Posted Image