Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Boise State @ SJSU

36 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

It's the inverse of what happened to BYU. In BYU's best season in recent memory, they're so-called signature win (at the time) amongst the array of cupcakes was a blowout of a handicapped Boise State team. CCU showed the true level of BYU. 

The never correct transitive scores between BSU and SJSU are interesting: SJSU v Air Force 17-16, BSU v Air Force 49-30; SJSU v Hawaii 35-24, BSU v Hawaii 40-32.

I don't know how good Boise State would be at "full strength" because I don't believe I've seen it this year. Nor do I know how good this much-improved SJSU team is or how impacted they are by COVID. But it would be sad in their magical season if they turn out to be worse than a COVID-depleted Boise State. #notsayinjustsayin

SJSU beat AF 17-6, not 17-16.

Champ Logo.jpg

14 minutes ago, idkk said:

Thoughts on this guy’s take? :shrug:

Random fan on the interwebs who nobody would have known about but for Twitter giving him a platform to deliver his non-expert opinion. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Random fan on the interwebs who nobody would have known about but for Twitter giving him a platform to deliver his non-expert opinion. 

Yeah, it’s just funny how convinced some people are of the outcome and if SJSU is “real” or not. Like, what is Boise’s best win? Hawaii? Or are we using CFP logic and thinking that getting blown out by BYU gives them an edge.

1 minute ago, idkk said:

Yeah, it’s just funny how convinced some people are of the outcome and if SJSU is “real” or not. Like, what is Boise’s best win? Hawaii? Or are we using CFP logic and thinking that getting blown out by BYU gives them an edge.

Boise does have a P5 win against CSU. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, idkk said:

this season is so abnormal that outside of the truly elite baseline teams you really can't know for sure.   I don't think this SJSU team is "real" but this boise team is clearly a step down from their usual level so the playing field is there - if we've seen one thing under the current MWC iteration it's that boise's baseline year-to-year isn't out of reach from a cyclically loaded conference mate that gets lucky and stays healthy.

I still think SJSU takes it. 

2 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

this season is so abnormal that outside of the truly elite baseline teams you really can't know for sure.   I don't think this SJSU team is "real" but this boise team is clearly a step down from their usual level so the playing field is there - if we've seen one thing under the current MWC iteration it's that boise's baseline year-to-year isn't out of reach from a cyclically loaded conference mate that gets lucky and stays healthy.

I still think SJSU takes it. 

This is the best analysis. Nobody knows due to the strangeness of the season!