Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Transfer Portal News

1 hour ago, Mike Morgan said:

Looks like SJSU WR Tre Walker is headed to Mississippi State

https://twitter.com/bambinotre/status/1347284177482256384?s=21

But I was assured by fellow Spartan “fans” he had already made the terrible decision to transfer to Arizona! 

3 hours ago, AztecMD said:

Former Bama receiver coming to SDSU.   With Greg Bell returning and Jaylen Mayden and Tyrell Shavers coming in I hope you goats have plenty of lube for 2021.  

https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/shavers-sdsu-1721

Damn that's a nice pickup - former top 100 player. Noticed he's from the same high school (Lewisville) as Boise's incoming freshman QB.

3 hours ago, AztecMD said:

Former Bama receiver coming to SDSU.   With Greg Bell returning and Jaylen Mayden and Tyrell Shavers coming in I hope you goats have plenty of lube for 2021.  

https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/shavers-sdsu-1721

6'6" with a timed 4.38 40 in HS.  Been catching balls with his former and new teammate Mayden.  Can't make us any worse on offense...

18 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

He's going to have like 7000 yards receiving in Leach's offense.

Apparently, there is some eligibility rule in the SEC that is preventing his grad transfer to Mississippi St. He’s re-opened his recruitment.

Champ Logo.jpg

It's a gamble for Walker, though I dunno how big. He's a small enough guy that he almost certainly doesn't get drafted, but I would bet he would make it on a NFL roster next year as a UFA. Another great year at SJSU doesn't change that, but if he's the top receiver or one of the top receivers at a p5 school I imagine that might bump him up a bit. But if he has a mediocre year, or even worse if he gets hurt, it may keep him out of the show for good.

Also, dude's a bit mercurial from what I understand. Word was there was always some tension between him and the coaching staff. And this year, even though he made great plays, Gaither clearly emerged as Starkel's #1.

Either way, we got to watch him make great plays for four years. Not much more we can ask of him. I think he was leaving SJSU after his senior year either way... if one year at an SEC or PAC12 school helps him out, God Bless him. We still have some talent coming back on O. We will have a good season next year, still. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Expect more UNLV players to enter the portal.  A good portion of the Sanchez leftovers will be bolting soon.  Also, Arroyo has pulled the scholarships of all the players from Sanchez era that opted out of the season due to COVID.  They are all appealing to get their scholarships extended.  Won't play, but prep to get ready to transfer next season.

16 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

We kinda figured this would happen..

UNLV has got one of those "my guys only" coaches in Arroyo. Can't say Oblad wasn't a high character/work ethic kid that ever coach dreams for in a player. Chasing all the Sanchez recruits out will only extend the rebuilding process.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif