Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Transfer Portal News

9 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

San Jose State WR Tre Jenkins has entered the portal

You don’t even know the name of your best player?

He must know this year was a fluke and next year Sharta will drop back to reality....sub .500. 

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

You don’t even know the name of your best player?

He must know this year was a fluke and next year Sharta will drop back to reality....sub .500. 

In defense of Mike Morgan, we do have a Tre Jenkins as WR at SJSU. He may be thinking of the wrong Tre. 
https://sjsuspartans.com/sports/football/roster/tre-jenkins/5006

This is 26,604 fans?  #FresnopullingaMiami

Fresno.jpg

I’ll be rooting for Tre wherever he ends up. He put in a great four years for us and stuck around after starting his career 3-22 when he could have easily moved on with 3 years to play 2. He’s playing with house money at this point, may as well take a shot at upping his stock with a P5 school. Hopefully the lame ass segment of the Spartan fan base doesn’t talk shit to and about him too much on social media and the homer board.

Thankfully we have Starkel coming back; I have to imagine we will be a pretty attractive landing spot for transfers ourselves. It’d be ironic if Tre ends up at a P5 and we replace him with a P5 player. 

14 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I’ll be rooting for Tre wherever he ends up. He put in a great four years for us and stuck around after starting his career 3-22 when he could have easily moved on with 3 years to play 2. He’s playing with house money at this point, may as well take a shot at upping his stock with a P5 school. Hopefully the lame ass segment of the Spartan fan base doesn’t talk shit to and about him too much on social media and the homer board.

Too late, I see many people have turned on Tre Walker on the homer board. I guess these losers think if they shit on him but end the post with a “yea best of luck going forward, I guess” it’s all good. 

14 hours ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Tre Walker transferring is a huge blow to the Spartan Offense. He been through the build up into finally a successful year with the team. Maybe he is looking for the ability to get more attention at a P5 school in need of good receivers 

I wouldn't have been at all surprised if Walker had decided to leave SJSU via declaring for the draft since he has shown he has NFL talent. However, Walker's transferring to another school suggests he doesn't buy the assertion of some that SJSU can have another magical year in 2021.

7 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Too late, I see many people have turned on Tre Walker on the homer board. I guess these losers think if they shit on him but end the post with a “yea best of luck going forward, I guess” it’s all good. 

Sorry to hear that but not surprised. Every school has dolts among its fan base but back when I spent some time on the SJSU board in 2011-12, the proportion of unsophisticated fans was much greater than the norm.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:41 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

I wouldn't have been at all surprised if Walker had decided to leave SJSU via declaring for the draft since he has shown he has NFL talent. However, Walker's transferring to another school suggests he doesn't buy the assertion of some that SJSU can have another magical year in 2021.

Unlikely assertion. What is more likely is that he is following his WRC to AZ. I suspect he lands there or SC. Though he had some spectacular catches, he was Love's (2018-19 QB) favorite or most reliable WR. Starkel has thrown to other receivers more this season than Walker. That's another theory some of us have for his departure, along with the aforementioned.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise -> Arkansas State for Waleed.  Had high expectations coming into Boise. Hopefully Butch Jones can get more production out of the young WR.

Yeah, he was a big time recruit. He just couldn't break into the rotation. Hopefully he figures it out. He's an NFL caliber talent