Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

namssa

SDSU #18 in the AP Poll

49 minutes ago, namssa said:

I understand the realities of being a "mid major" on the west coast and I try not to get wrapped up in polls this early in the season, particularly this season. But it is nevertheless less galling to put it charitably to look up and see that fraud of a program, Creighton, being ranked so far above us when we bitch slapped them so hard last year.  Same with Iowa. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

44 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

I understand the realities of being a "mid major" on the west coast and I try not to get wrapped up in polls this early in the season, particularly this season. But it is nevertheless less galling to put it charitably to look up and see that fraud of a program, Creighton, being ranked so far above us when we bitch slapped them so hard last year.  Same with Iowa. 

Ummm, different season, different teams. Both Creighton and Iowa returned almost every key player from those squads. SDSU lost three starters including our 1st Round pick starting PG. Remember the Aztecs were 10 games into the season before even being ranked last year.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

1 hour ago, albert mac meda said:

Ummm, different season, different teams. Both Creighton and Iowa returned almost every key player from those squads. SDSU lost three starters including our 1st Round pick starting PG. Remember the Aztecs were 10 games into the season before even being ranked last year.

We didn't lose three starters. Yanni wasn't a starter, he was a backup pressed into the role.

Creighton lost Ty-shon Alexander, their all Big East star guard who led them in scoring. Sound familiar? 

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

22 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

We didn't lose three starters. Yanni wasn't a starter, he was a backup pressed into the role.

Creighton lost Ty-shon Alexander, their all Big East star guard who led them in scoring. Sound familiar? 

Wetzell indeed DID begin the season in the starting lineup (started in 32 of 32 games) along side Mensah. Yanni was primarily playing the 4 and Nathan at the 5. When Nathan left with the respiratory issue Yanni slid to the 5 and Mitchell (who was the sixth man to start the season) moved into the starting line up at the 4.

Yes, Creighton lost Alexander but NO other key players from last season. Again, SDSU lost three (Wetzell, Flynn and Feagin) of their Top 5 scorers from last season.

10 minutes ago, albert mac meda said:

Wetzell indeed DID begin the season in the starting lineup along side Mensah. Yanni was primarily playing the 4 and Nathan at the 5. When Nathan left with the respiratory issue Yanni slid to the 5 and Mitchell (who was the sixth man to start the season) moved into the starting line up at the 4.

Yes, Creighton lost Alexander but NO other key players from last season. Again, SDSU lost three (Wetzell, Flynn and Feagin) of their Top 5 scorers from last season.

No. The starters were Mensah, Mitchell., Shakel, Feagin and Flynn with Arop, Wetzell and Pulliam off the bench. Arop was injury plagued and Mensah had his issues leaving plenty of minutes for Yanni and even Narain and Joel.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

46 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

No. The starters were Mensah, Mitchell., Shakel, Feagin and Flynn with Arop, Wetzell and Pulliam off the bench. Arop was injury plagued and Mensah had his issues leaving plenty of minutes for Yanni and even Narain and Joel.

Short memory? You don't recall what a big deal it was having Mitchell coming off the bench after being a starter his first two seasons? Wetzell, Mensah, Shakel, Feagin and Flynn were indeed the starters to begin the season and in fact that line up started every one of the first 13 games until Mensah missed the Fresno State game in San Diego with what turned out to be a blood clot on his lung. That game is when Mitchell entered the starting line up and stayed there for the remaining 19 games. Again, Wetzell started ALL 32 of SDSU's games last season, look it up.

Here ya go: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/san-diego-state/2020-gamelogs.html

2 hours ago, albert mac meda said:

Short memory? You don't recall what a big deal it was having Mitchell coming off the bench after being a starter his first two seasons? Wetzell, Mensah, Shakel, Feagin and Flynn were indeed the starters to begin the season and in fact that line up started every one of the first 13 games until Mensah missed the Fresno State game in San Diego with what turned out to be a blood clot on his lung. That game is when Mitchell entered the starting line up and stayed there for the remaining 19 games. Again, Wetzell started ALL 32 of SDSU's games last season, look it up.

Here ya go: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/san-diego-state/2020-gamelogs.html

I stand corrected. I'm old. My memory isn't what it used to me. Creighton is still a fraudulent program and the Big East is an over hyped conference and we should be ranked higher that them even looking just at this years results

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 hours ago, Pelado said:

What's the scouting report on SDSU this season?

Ridiculous depth. Ridiculous number of excellent 3 point shooters. Great defense. Team seems to be on the same level as last year but with better defense and perhaps a bit less offensive cohesion.

By ridiculous depth I mean they are 9 deep, and 10 and 11 could probably start (True Freshmen Dimwiddy and Butler)

First half of games have been close, and then SDSU decides to not let the other team score for about 10 minutes at the start of the second half - and then the game is over.

23 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

San Diego State and UNLV aren't mid majors.  Washington State and Oregon State are.

12 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

Ridiculous depth. Ridiculous number of excellent 3 point shooters. Great defense. Team seems to be on the same level as last year but with better defense and perhaps a bit less offensive cohesion.

By ridiculous depth I mean they are 9 deep, and 10 and 11 could probably start (True Freshmen Dimwiddy and Butler)

First half of games have been close, and then SDSU decides to not let the other team score for about 10 minutes at the start of the second half - and then the game is over.

Thanks.  How do they get their 3-point looks?  Is it drive and kick, passes out of the post, or something else?  How are they at rebounding?  Size?