Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idkk

SDSU fans not taking the bowl situation very well

11 hours ago, idkk said:

Even Aztec Mesa is more realistic than these guys. That whole tweet chain that I posted is comedy though.

lol- no if so very few-truly not a FB educated group.

20 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

I can see SUDS frustration.....Hawaii’s not very good 

Thank you.

1. The Aztecs passing attack (that's a misnomer) is so putrid that their offense is tedious to watch so that's a strike against SDSU.

2. That said, the tiebreaker that puts Hawaii in above SDSU is comical in its stupidity.

3. But that's par for the course for the Molehill Worst Conference.

4. :cheer:

17 minutes ago, robe said:

This makes me wonder if BYU SDSU friendship of late isn’t a coincidence.

Rocky saw no benefit to playing BYU.  JD and Hoke do.  That's it.  I like playing BYU.  I wish they were still in the conference but I'm in the minority  ( surprise surprise) among my fellow SDSU fans.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

All the benefits of a bowl game are gone this year - no extra practice and no week long stay with lots of activities for the players.  Fly in day before, stay in hotel, play game, fly out.  So I'm not torn up about it.

Are you sure about the "no extra practice" part?   I've gotta believe that the teams will practice for the bowl games, even if it is somewhat abbreviated. 

3 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Rocky saw no benefit to playing BYU.  JD and Hoke do.  That's it.  I like playing BYU.  I wish they were still in the conference but I'm in the minority  ( surprise surprise) among my fellow SDSU fans.

It's age related. Most older guys like me detest YBU and always will but I'm way past the butthurt of Lavell Edwards piling it on to embarrass us. SDSU needs to get out of the MWC either through being added to a realigned B12 or creating a new conference and renewing the old rivalry with the Provostanians is a means of accomplishing that.

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

It's age related. Most older guys like me detest YBU and always will but I'm way past the butthurt of Lavell Edwards piling it on to embarrass us. SDSU needs to get out of the MWC either through being added to a realigned B12 or creating a new conference and renewing the old rivalry with the Provostanians is a means of accomplishing that.

And Creighton lost Ty-shon Alexander, their All BE Mr.  everything. Didn't stop them from being a top 10 team based on last year's result.  In fact. We had much more coming back than they did.  Creighton is a fraud in a conference with an inflated reputation because if what it was. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

I'm good with playing two compelling non-conference games over Air Force, Fresno State, and another Central Michigan in an irrelevant Bowl Game, but that's just me. I applaud SDSU for doing what the did this year, and hope they schedule better OOC games once the new stadium (and new revenues) arrive.

But SDSU should definitely get the nod over Hawaii and its 4-4 conference record - especially since it got bitch-slapped by SDSU. 

Those non-conference games would have been great...if you won them. They did nothing for your team other than providing another game to play (and losing money on the CU game). I guess they also showed that you have no QB and your OC has no idea what he is doing.

11 minutes ago, idkk said:

Those non-conference games would have been great...if you won them. They did nothing for your team other than providing another game to play (and losing money on the CU game). I guess they also showed that you have no QB and your OC has no idea what he is doing.

Can't score if you don't shoot. I'm glad SDSU took the shots.

Guest #1Stunner
17 hours ago, idkk said:

There’s a bunch more. Read the replies to the top level tweets. 

Wow.

So many unhappy Aztecs fans.   

Aztecs offense needs to get a little sexier. You would expect a SoCal city to have a little sex appeal.

They are always just right there, but then they pretend they are something they are not. 

If you can't recruit to San Diego, where can you recruit to?

2 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

Aztecs offense needs to get a little sexier. You would expect a SoCal city to have a little sex appeal.

They are always just right there, but then they pretend they are something they are not. 

If you can't recruit to San Diego, where can you recruit to?

That being said, Hawaii does not deserve to be in a bowl.

Most Aztecs fans know that our QB situation sucks and our OC was trying to pound a square peg into a round hole with the offense all season.   He also failed to adjust at halftime of games and just kept pounding that square peg.    We had our opportunities and came up short and didn't really expect to go bowling this year.  Personally, I don't think we deserve to go to a bowl this year.  In addition, in a year where records don't matter, we are not enough of a draw to warrant an exception, which is why teams like TENN and S. Carolina will end up in bowls with shitty records because they are local to where the games are and will still travel.

However most Aztec fans are like well how did UH get the extra MWC bid when we crushed them and had a better conference record? It is a fair question, and we got the answer form the MW?  The ADs agreed to these tie breakers never really thinking how it could potentially play out, especially with games being cancelled to COVID.  It is typical MW B.S. that only comes out when there is an issue, it is 2020 and we should expect the absurdity and dis-functionality particularly if it comes from the MW offices.

If more teams cancel we may still get an invite,  I am proud of how SDSU managed its COVID and was available to play every game, even on short notice to travel to CU.