Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ViAggie

USU FB Team votes not to travel to play CSU

Entire soccer teams have left the field mid-game when one of their players got called a a racial slur from fans.  Same goes for other games when a player got called a homophobic slur.  This has happened multiple times.  Protest is one of America's greatest rights.

5 minutes ago, namssa said:

Entire soccer teams have left the field mid-game when one of their players got called a a racial slur from fans.  Same goes for other games when a player got called a homophobic slur.  This has happened multiple times.  Protest is one of America's greatest rights.

Sure is.  That's why it should count as a forfeit.  

Is there a reasonably intelligent person, Morman or Non-Morman that can help me figure out what the hell is going on with story?

Nothing about this makes sense (aside from Mormans being involved in something controversial).

I haven't read all 6 pages of this thread. 

Has anything been mentioned about CBSS wanting lost ad revenue from the game? 

If they ask for it, the MW should compensate them and take it out of USU's cut. 

If the prez made any kind of remark regarding race & religion, she should resign. 

Has USU ever hired a minority HC for either major sport?  

I bet the new guy wishes he hadn't resigned from the old job so quickly.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 12/12/2020 at 8:05 PM, 4UNLV said:

I get that the USU players were protesting their prez, but it doesn't quite seem fair to the CSU players.

It doesn't seem quite fair to the USU players.  They screwed up.

8 hours ago, RambleOn said:

Shouldn't have taken this long.  MWC needs to make USU come to FoCo next year too and then we can call this debacle good.

Next three years actually.

We also deserve $$$

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

1 hour ago, LoFasZz said:

Next three years actually.

We also deserve $$$

The team that ducked an additional conference game in lieu of playing no one deserves money because another conference team cancelled a game against them later in the season? Good to see that Fort Collins logic is alive and well.  

15 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

The team that ducked an additional conference game in lieu of playing no one deserves money because another conference team cancelled a game against them later in the season? Good to see that Fort Collins logic is alive and well.  

Well, there is a pretty big difference between declining a rematch and a team voluntarily refusing to play due to hurt feelings, but I see where you're coming from...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

19 hours ago, BodyBagGame said:

Is there a reasonably intelligent person, Morman or Non-Morman that can help me figure out what the hell is going on with story?

Nothing about this makes sense (aside from Mormans being involved in something controversial).

Based on the coach's statement above, the story seems pretty straightforward.  The players took exception to what they were told and forfeited the final game in process.  

On 12/12/2020 at 11:19 AM, Joe from WY said:

There hasn't. It's a pre-req to be a member to hold that position there IIRC. I don't think I can recall any non-LDS assistants they've had either. 

Tons of non LDS assistants, littered across football over the years. Mike Holmgren, Brian Billick to name a few. They had a non LDS coach in the 60s I think, but they changed the rule that the HC had to be LDS after that. Our current offensive coordinator and offensive line coaches are not LDS. Same with our secondary coach. I think HC is the only one that has to be LDS in the whole school. I can think of a few non LDS head coaches in other sports currently as well. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
On 12/12/2020 at 10:19 AM, Joe from WY said:

There hasn't. It's a pre-req to be a member to hold that position there IIRC. I don't think I can recall any non-LDS assistants they've had either. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Tons of non LDS assistants, littered across football over the years. Mike Holmgren, Brian Billick to name a few. They had a non LDS coach in the 60s I think, but they changed the rule that the HC had to be LDS after that. Our current offensive coordinator and offensive line coaches are not LDS. Same with our secondary coach. I think HC is the only one that has to be LDS in the whole school. I can think of a few non LDS head coaches in other sports currently as well. 

Here is Lavell Edwards' coaching tree (which is more impressive than Bronco, who rarely changes assistants).

The biggest non-LDS assistants I recognize are Mike Holmgren, Brian Billick, Ted Tollner, and Doug Scovil.  Steve Sarkisian was not an assistant---just a former player---but he got his big break into coaching from Norm Chow when he was the OC at USC. 

Coaching tree[edit]

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Here is Lavell Edwards' coaching tree (which is more impressive than Bronco, who rarely changes assistants).

The biggest non-LDS assistants I recognize are Mike Holmgren, Brian Billick, Ted Tollner, and Doug Scovil.  Steve Sarkisian was not an assistant---just a former player---but he got his big break into coaching from Norm Chow. 

Coaching tree[edit]

Dick Felt is an interesting name..

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Current assistants on staff who are not LDS:

Ed Lamb - Assistant Head Coach

Jeff Grimes - Offensive Coordinator

Jenaro Gilford - Defensive Backs

Eric Mateos- Offensive Line