Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ViAggie

USU FB Team votes not to travel to play CSU

Just now, soupslam1 said:

Let’s hear the exact comments in total and see what the players are so upset about. Apparently Maile is well liked by the players and may be misinterpreting why he wasn’t interviewed for the head coach job. Or, the president screwed up big time and will be fired. 

Right if the President actually said something like this, she's gone.  (I do think that given the length of time the President has been there if she has any bigotry in her, other stories will come out over time)

I do think the conference should sanction USU in the sense that you can't back out of a game the day before for non-crazy reasons.  USU needs to forfeit it's next home game against CSU and then go there.  Is CSU going to escalate this?

3 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Yep. Forfeiture, a fine on the school and USU owes us $$$ for lost tv revenue

Yep, and you guys need all the money you can get with that looming stadium debt and all....

image.gif

I have no dog in this fight, but if I was the new HC , I would not take the position, Crockett needs to go.,  If  the new HC  still goes to USU. and the new HC shows up send all the players who voted not to play to the transfer portal. It may be a protest against Crockett, but the HC coming in should call the shots. I'm old school , these players should have enough pride to play the game, if not get  them out and lose their scholarships. :USFlag:

Utah State University

@USUAggies

·

Utah State University has canceled Saturday’s football game with Colorado State University amid concerns voiced by players about religious discrimination during the search for a new football coach.

Utah State University

The university will take this time to meet with players and hear their concerns in an open dialogue so it can address them.

@USUAggies

“I am devastated that my comments were interpreted as bias against anyone’s religious background,” USU President Noelle Cockett in a statement.

JFC, we should have sold our tv rights to Bravo/E!. No shortage of drama in this Conference. 

48 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

This doesn’t surprise me that much. In this day and age everything has become political. Kids are reacting to everything that goes on around them. Still if I’m a player I rally around the coach and play the game.

They’ll get accolades/rewarded on espn and the other media. Frankly, there were other ways to handle it rather than canceling the game. 

4 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

You don’t just get to decide not to play the day before a game

This 1000% deserves to be a forfeit by Utah State and they owed us $$$$

oh and yeah fvck Utah State

Yeah you’ve probably lost dozens of dollars. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yeah you’ve probably lost dozens of dollars. 

We obviously didn't lose any gate or concessions.  I don't know if we lose any TV money on this or not.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

We obviously didn't lose any gate or concessions.  I don't know if we lose any TV money on this or not.

Probably a net negative to even play under current conditions.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Probably a net negative to even play under current conditions.

Perhaps.  Like I said, I don't know if this reduces any TV money or not.  Overall cost of opening the stadium without fans is pretty small since it's usually open to some extent daily anyway.

The real cost though, is the impact on the football program.  A new coach trying to install a new program and he's down to a four game season to make that happen.  Addazio was extremely frustrated (and a little vocal about it) coming in to this game already at all the lost opportunities to develop his team and put in his systems.  Lot's of practice, but you need game days to really get the job done.  We've lost two games to politics, and now one to a temper tantrum.  That has to be one really pissed off coach.

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

So basically, she didn't give Frank Maile a fair interview because (1) he is Polynesian (she's racist) and (2) he is Mormon (disqualifying him for his religon...i.e., she's a bigot).

He should file a lawsuit.  

Utah State is a public University, and she should not discriminate based on race or religion.

Good for the USU team for taking a stand.  

How many head coaches at BYU have been non LDS?   This just got me wondering.   

Posted Image

33 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I can see how this probably went:

USU President- we don’t hire based on race or religion

Players: the president is racist and anti Mormon 

Hard to say, but being Polynesian is pretty damn common in Utah and being LDS is pretty much the standard.  Dr. Crockett has been at USU for 30 years.  Without any real knowledge of the situation I'll give the players the benefit of the doubt that they are legitimately upset over something.

However, after 30 years Dr. Crockett just became a bigot?  Maybe she has been all along and nobody noticed?  That will all sort itself out.  Quitting because you've decided that your coach is a victim will not.  There's poison in that locker room.  It needs rooted out.  Maybe there's poison in the admin.  If so, I hope they root that out too.

2 hours ago, edluvar said:

How many head coaches at BYU have been non LDS?   This just got me wondering.   

Maybe some assistant coaches. Norm Chow and Andy Reid come to mind.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I doubt there's ever been a non-LDS HC at BYU.  It's a pretty important position with the university.  I'm not sure they'd even interview a non-LDS person for the job.

16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

theyre both LDS

I googled and not true.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor