Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ViAggie

USU FB Team votes not to travel to play CSU

21 minutes ago, hickaggie said:

No.  Burn the school down or do whatever these millenial protestors do but not play football.  That is way too much self punishment.  I will never understand what is happening to our country.  I'm 44 but I guess you can do that boomer insult thing and I'll take it as a compliment. Its football.  You don't get that many chances to play it in life.

Deny. They would absolutely be nearly universally praised for defending a black coach in the context of race. Don't be silly.

And no need to put words in my mouth. I don't think USU shd cancel either. I say go to Fort Collins. Refuse to lineup for opening kick, and hold a whiteboard that reads "We have no concerns about Coach Meile's faith" for all the cameras to see. CSU probably declines the delay of game, then go play and try to win one for coach.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, mugtang said:

So basically, she didn't give Frank Maile a fair interview because (1) he is Polynesian (she's racist) and (2) he is Mormon (disqualifying him for his religon...i.e., she's a bigot).

He should file a lawsuit.  

Utah State is a public University, and she should not discriminate based on race or religion.

Good for the USU team for taking a stand.  

10 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Deny. They would absolutely be nearly universally praised for defending a black coach in the context of race. Don't be silly.

And no need to put words in my mouth. I don't think USU shd cancel either. I say go to Fort Collins. Refuse to lineup for opening kick, and hold a whiteboard that reads "We have no concerns about Coach Meile's faith" for all the cameras to see. CSU probably declines the delay of game, then go play and try to win one for coach.

Yep. No need to punish CSU and our players on our fvcking senior day 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

So basically, she didn't give Frank Maile a fair interview because (1) he is Polynesian (she's racist) and (2) he is Mormon (disqualifying him for his religon...i.e., she's a bigot).

He should file a lawsuit.  

Utah State is a public University, and she should not discriminate based on race or religion.

Good for the USU team for taking a stand.  

Taking a stand is one thing.  Burning down the program is another.  This could end up like some sort of death penalty.  I can't see how these players (or at least some of them) should keep their scholarships.  Time to start pretty much from scratch.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Taking a stand is one thing.  Burning down the program is another.  This could end up like some sort of death penalty.  I can't see how these players (or at least some of them) should keep their scholarships.  Time to start pretty much from scratch.

CFB players are all about $$ and getting theirs for playing...doubt they’ll be signing up to cut their monthly stipend or scholarships this month 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

His chances for the job disintegrated when he forgot that AFA runs what's called a triple option with a third option called a pitch man.   Not because he's a mormon polynesion..lol

7 minutes ago, hickaggie said:

His chances for the job disintegrated when he forgot that AFA runs what's called a triple option with a third option called a pitch man.   Not because he's a mormon polynesion..lol

Well, if she really made a disparaging comment about the Mormon church, she's gone and only employable in California.

13 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

We need to start with a whole new roster and staff down to the janitor.  Clean them all out.    Whatever cancer Gary spread can only be purge at this point.

1 hour ago, LoFasZz said:

You don’t just get to decide not to play the day before a game

This 1000% deserves to be a forfeit by Utah State and they owed us $$$$

oh and yeah fvck Utah State

How about the day-of, after your opponent flew to your city the day before the game? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, idkk said:

How about the day-of, after your opponent flew to your city the day before the game? :ph34r:

Wasn’t that Covid related? Bad planning but not a similar situation at all.this is way worse 

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I read somewhere that she is, but maybe I’m wrong?

Honestly, I don't know either.   Her resume doesn't jump out.

Regardless, really foolish for her to discriminate.   It's a public University. 

54 minutes ago, hickaggie said:

No.  Burn the school down or do whatever these millenial protestors do but not play football.  That is way too much self punishment.  I will never understand what is happening to our country.  I'm 44 but I guess you can do that boomer insult thing and I'll take it as a compliment. Its football.  You don't get that many chances to play it in life.

It's a terrible look for the school and team, but it's not unprecedented. Here's a fairly recent example (there have been other boycott threats/near-boycotts, but this was an actual one): 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1816632-grambling-football-team-refuses-to-play-game-due-to-state-of-program

4 minutes ago, LoFasZz said:

Wasn’t that Covid related? Bad planning but not a similar situation at all.this is way worse 

Yeah, COVID related. They should have called the game off earlier in the week though and not a few hours before. The team is over it though.

Sucks that you guys have had so many cancellations for one reason or another.

1 minute ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Is it known what the specific comments were?

Hard to have an opinion on the validity of the players' protests without knowing the exact quotes.

How dare you apply logic and reason to this thread!  Do you not even know how to MWCBoard?

Now stop questioning and get with the program!  :pitchforks:  This thread is all about raggin on the Baggies!