Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Uhmmm, so maybe Boise is not still suing the conference.

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The MWC started this mess when they tried to renege on their contract with Boise State. Boise is just looking out for their own interest like any other MWC school would. 

It seems convenient to omit BSU asking for a greater % actually starting this round of animosity. Was BSU justified in asking? I'm sure most reasonable people would say yes. Did BSU and CT go about it in a manner that pleased the remaining members? Survey says, nope.

15 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

It may be tabled for now but the possibility of the law suit  coming back hangs over everything.  

The lawsuit was for breach of contract. Contract is no longer in breach. I suppose BSU could sue under some other grounds but I suspect the remaining members would countersue BSU for breach of contract. Sticky widget.

8 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I don't blame Boise for suing. I just dispute the notion that this is the only reason Boise is unhappy with the conference..The relationship was shaky before the suit..It is shot now.  I doubt Boise cares..

A big reason for Boise States unhappiness is the MWC and it’s leadership are not proactive in promoting the MWC schools and some schools and their fans aren’t proactive in improving the product they put on the field. Face it, any team in the MWC wants to leave for a better deal. Boise State is just more vocal about it. 

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The MWC started this mess when they tried to renege on their contract with Boise State. Boise is just looking out for their own interest like any other MWC school would. 

The rift goes back further than that, but the main issue going forward is making the MWC equal among the members. That’s the rub, this issue isn’t settled by any means. 

24 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

A big reason for Boise States unhappiness is the MWC and it’s leadership are not proactive in promoting the MWC schools and some schools and their fans aren’t proactive in improving the product they put on the field. Face it, any team in the MWC wants to leave for a better deal. Boise State is just more vocal about it. 

Boise isn’t concerned about other schools and MWC promoting them, it doesn’t line up with their actions and what they say. 

If anything, Boise is frustrated because they’ve regressed in football and they don’t get more promotion and a bigger slice of the pie. Tromp wanted more than the current 1.8 million bonus money they are getting. 

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

I don’t think Harsin is dumb enough to “vent” on an email that every public employee knows from day one on the job that it can be seen by anyone. They always advise to keep it strictly business on those emails. 

I don’t buy this as a mistake. Harsin doesn’t have a direct line to the AD or Tromp to complain about the MWC? Nah, don’t buy it and I don’t even think this was truly about the 2020 season hanging in the balance either. Stuff has been percolating over there for awhile. 

100%.

I've done consulting work with dozens of public agencies over the years and it's not at all uncommon for them to use a template on their emails reminding employees that most of what they say is discoverable under the state's version of FOIA. At times, things are nevertheless said which the sender wouldn't want to be public knowledge but no way would somebody at the level of head football coach at a major university make that mistake.

2 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

I don’t think Harsin is dumb enough to “vent” on an email that every public employee knows from day one on the job that it can be seen by anyone.

Um....he's a football coach, not an anesthesiologist.

1 hour ago, Brew_Poke said:

Um....he's a football coach, not an anesthesiologist.

He’s the face of a program and the highest paid employee at a public university. You think he’s not aware of FOIA and how public employees emails work? Interesting. 

10 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

He’s the face of a program and the highest paid employee at a public university. You think he’s not aware of FOIA and how public employees emails work? Interesting. 

Honestly, it wouldnt shock me if he didnt know anything about either subject.  He certainly wouldnt be the only one.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

21 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Use the portal and enter case number CV01-20-01293

You will see that the case was dismissed without prejudice.  No other cases pending.

We get our 1.8.

You get to suck off the teet and play on the most iconic field in sports.

Win win

@nvspuds

marriage saved?

It's not a "field". It's a poorly executed garage floor

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

10 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Boise isn’t concerned about other schools and MWC promoting them, it doesn’t line up with their actions and what they say. 

If anything, Boise is frustrated because they’ve regressed in football and they don’t get more promotion and a bigger slice of the pie. Tromp wanted more than the current 1.8 million bonus money they are getting. 

Yes. Bsu wants to excel. Mw squads want to exist. It sucks being stuck with horrible programs like unlv.  

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

On 12/10/2020 at 11:29 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Use the portal and enter case number CV01-20-01293

You will see that the case was dismissed without prejudice.  No other cases pending.

We get our 1.8.

You get to suck off the teet and play on the most iconic field in sports.

Win win

@nvspuds

marriage saved?

What MW teams are playing at Coastal Carolina?