Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Rumor: USU to hire Arky State HC Blake Anderson

Guest #1Stunner

Head coaching record[edit]

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
Arkansas State Red Wolves (Sun Belt Conference) (2014–present)
2014 Arkansas State 7–6 5–3 T–4th L GoDaddy
2015 Arkansas State 9–4 8–0 1st L New Orleans
2016 Arkansas State 8–5 7–1 T–1st W Cure
2017 Arkansas State 7–5 6–2 3rd L Camellia
2018 Arkansas State 8–5 5–3 T–1st (West) L Arizona
2019 Arkansas State 8–5 5–3 2nd (West) W Camellia
2020 Arkansas State 4–7 2–6 T–3rd (West)  
Arkansas State: 51–37 38–18  
Utah State Aggies (Mountain West Conference) (2021–present)
2021 Utah State 0–0 0–0 (Mountain)  
Utah State: 0–0 0–0  
Total: 51–37  

References

Andersen to Anderson? Yep, this one is legit. No Graham Harrell pulling the tablecloth out at the last minute trick this time.

I felt so awful for this man last year with his wife passing away and the great gestures that were shown by opposing teams during that time. He seems like a good coach and an even better human being that is looking to start over in a new place. He has said that everything in Jonesboro reminds him of his wife and has openly questioned whether staying there is beneficial for him and his family. He was rumored to be at the top of a few P5 lists as an OC since they were aware of his desire to possibly move on. After last season he also reportedly passed on the Mizzou job and took his name out of the Baylor running after saying that neither felt like the right fit for him.

It's maybe not the sexiest hire but I think it is solid and that is what the Aggies need right now - new blood across the board and stability from someone who knows how to win. Welcome to Logan Coach Anderson!

4 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

Andersen to Anderson? Yep, this one is legit. No Graham Harrell pulling the tablecloth out at the last minute trick this time.

I felt so awful for this man last year with his wife passing away and the great gestures that were shown by opposing teams during that time. He seems like a good coach and an even better human being that is looking to start over in a new place. He has said that everything in Jonesboro reminds him of his wife and has openly questioned whether staying there is beneficial for him and his family. He was rumored to be at the top of a few P5 lists as an OC since they were aware of his desire to possibly move on. After last season he also reportedly passed on the Mizzou job and took his name out of the Baylor running after saying that neither felt like the right fit for him.

It's maybe not the sexiest hire but I think it is solid and that is what the Aggies need right now - new blood across the board and stability from someone who knows how to win. Welcome to Logan Coach Anderson!

Sounds like some fresh Rocky Mountain air and snow covered mountains in the background are exactly what this man needs.

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I agree it's a very good hire. However doesn't USU still owe the other Andersen $1.2M each of the next two years for not coaching? This Anderson was apparently making 900 grand at Arky State so you have to think USU will pay him at least that same $1.2M. Can a middle of the road MWC afford to allot a quarter billion dollars to its head football coach position each of the next two years?

Am I missing something about the math here? A quarter billion? 

4 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I agree it's a very good hire. However doesn't USU still owe the other Andersen $1.2M each of the next two years for not coaching? This Anderson was apparently making 900 grand at Arky State so you have to think USU will pay him at least that same $1.2M. Can a middle of the road MWC afford to allot a quarter billion dollars to its head football coach position each of the next two years?

USU owes zip to coach GA, he was fired with cause and will not collect anything. Even if he was let go for "losing" (which he was not) there is no way Gary would try and get paid by USU. He loves Utah St. and even recently picked up the tab for the new locker room with his own $. He knows USU was doing him a favor giving him another shot after the OSU debacle. It wasn't working but USU is appreciative of what he did for the program and is not going to further drag his name through the mud.

4 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

Football expectations are reasonable, clearly he'll be joining a better conference. If you're successful you can be a god in Logan.  Good fan support, good facilities, has great potential. Great place to live, picturesque, costs are fairly reasonable for the Western US.  I think there are lots of good reasons. 

He also likes to ski.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

As discussed Andersen got fired for several reasons, and his payout was greatly reduced by mutual agreement. Anderson's buyout was $115,000 from Arky st.

19 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

As discussed Andersen got fired for several reasons, and his payout was greatly reduced by mutual agreement. Anderson's buyout was $115,000 from Arky st.

Some more info reports have Anderson's contract to start at $1 million with a assistant coach's money totaling $2.5 million per season, good jump in assistant money.