Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azgreg

The Venting Thread

Waiting in long checkouts lines, only to have the people in front of you only get out their purse or wallet AFTER the transaction has been completed by the cashier. I mean. WTF?!  Have you ever seen a woman fish for a bank/credit card in her purse for like, 20 seconds or more, when they already had 5-10 MINUTES to do so?  Have that card ready, people.  It’s not that difficult...

20 minutes ago, sean327 said:

When my kids would put the empty milk carton back in the refrigerator. My grandkids do it now to them and I just smile when they bitch about it.

My daughter loves doing this to me, often puts empty containers back in the pantry.

26 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Fast food customers in Drive-thru who don't know what they want to order.  

19 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

I always wonder about them, is this really your first time at this chain? You've never seen this menu before?

That's me. I eat fast food about once every five years, never have a clue until I look at the menu.

10 hours ago, sjsbuff said:

Waiting in long checkouts lines, only to have the people in front of you only get out their purse or wallet AFTER the transaction has been completed by the cashier. I mean. WTF?!  Have you ever seen a woman fish for a bank/credit card in her purse for like, 20 seconds or more, when they already had 5-10 MINUTES to do so?  Have that card ready, people.  It’s not that difficult...

This, this, this!

I will place my items on the belt with alcohol at the very end (which is a part of every transaction since April :shots:).  I then get out my debit card and ID. That way I can start the payment and put in my PIN while the cashier starts scanning things. By the time they get to the alcohol, I have put my debit card away and immediately show my ID. Smooth sailing.

I don't expect people to be as neurotic as I am, but can we strive for at least a modicum of efficiency in public situations?

31 minutes ago, azgreg said:

There's a line at Mackey Stadium for just hamburgers?

No, but just be forewarned, you might break teeth chomping down because patty will be frozen by the time you get back to the stands.

110926run_defense710.jpg

9 hours ago, sjsbuff said:

Since covid my wife and I hit the grocery store like it’s a commando raid. A set quick route through the store. When we get to checkout she’s already got the card out. She unloads the items with packing in mind. I bag like high-speed Tetris. Then we’re out.

Just this week we started ordering for delivery though because the outbreak has got so bad here. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I'm November 25th, I noticed the PG&e payment had not come out of my checking account. I called them to inquire, because it showed online that it posted to the account. They said it was sent to my bank. I called my bank, they said they hadn't received anything, checked all the transactions that day.  2 days ago I saw the December 8th payment go out, this morning I noticed that they processed the November payment yesterday. This afternoon, I get a voicemail explaining what happened. It pisses me off, that I called them to let them know that the payment didn't go out, And over two weeks later they finally noticed that this has happened with a bunch of people.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Customers who believe that they're the only people in the world that I'm working with and that my time should be exclusively theirs. Nevermind the fact that they're paying peanuts on a very limited use case because despite being a F100 company, they're cheap bastards. 

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Customers who believe that they're the only people in the world that I'm working with and that my time should be exclusively theirs. Nevermind the fact that they're paying peanuts on a very limited use case because despite being a F100 company, they're cheap bastards. 

All of that said (yes, I'm quoting myself), I can't wait until the phone call we have with them either in January or February where we get to tell them that they have an absurd bill because they refused to size things properly for what they wanted to do. Oh, and because you didn't go with a signed contract in 2020, guess what, the prices went up. 

On 12/11/2020 at 8:10 AM, retrofade said:

All of that said (yes, I'm quoting myself), I can't wait until the phone call we have with them either in January or February where we get to tell them that they have an absurd bill because they refused to size things properly for what they wanted to do. Oh, and because you didn't go with a signed contract in 2020, guess what, the prices went up. 

I've dealt with clients (including F500 companies) trying to play scope creep on me. I like the look on their face when I tell them that it will cost them if I do the extra work.