Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azgreg

The Venting Thread

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah I’m guessing that shit would be awful.   I’m wondering if they could get a zoning infraction as the area probably isn’t zoned commercial and as you point out an AirBNB is a commercial endeavor.  

We've fought to get two ordinances passed. In the city limits it's now illegal to airbnb your house unless it's also occupied by you and meets some other criteria. Of course the one I have to deal with is grandfathered in under the old ordinance so I'm stuck with it until they sell. 

Robo answering services that keep transferring you, none of which are pertinent to your question. And the last one transfers you back to the first one to start the cycle over.

The ones that ask you to wait listening to their crap music and disconnect after ten minutes really piss me off. 

Scam calls used to bug me, but I pray for a live one so I can  sound interested and phuck with them for 5-10 minutes now that I’m retired. It becomes a game to see how long I can keep them on the line before they hang up. The robo ones I just hang up on. 

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

We've fought to get two ordinances passed. In the city limits it's now illegal to airbnb your house unless it's also occupied by you and meets some other criteria. Of course the one I have to deal with is grandfathered in under the old ordinance so I'm stuck with it until they sell. 

Start leaving negative reviews on AirBNB about the neighbors 😂

People that drive by blasting their music at all hours of the night. Selfish people with no regard for others suck

27 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I don’t think I’ve been colder than a football game at Mackey?   And I attended games in the old Met stadium in Booomington. 

Was that the late season game after the USC game? I was at that game, didn't thaw out till after Truckee even with the heater on full blast.

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I bet you if you started rocking those in a place like SF or LA you'd create a fashion fad right now. I mean FFS high waist mom jeans are a hot commodity for chicks right now. God knows what kidn of trend you could create. You could be a latter day Karl Lagerfeld.

The WSJ had an article the other day on new fashion trends, lo and behold cargo pants/shorts are back.

JFC, are pleated khakis next?

Soon I’ll start to see the J. Peterman Urban Sombrero in NSB. 

5 hours ago, crixus said:

People that drive by blasting their music at all hours of the night. Selfish people with no regard for others suck

Douchebags!

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

Paying $4.00 + for a gallon of gas in CA!

Wtf?

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

Here's my vent: My son who's applying for schools this year scores 35 on ACT, GPA 4.7. He scores 4 and 5s and has his AP diploma and valedictorian. He's a National Merit Scholarship finalist. In case you think he was a nerd or other "Model Minority (half asian with wrong last name) STEM geek stereotype, he's a 2 year starter on a powerhouse baseball school and homecoming king. The only schools he got in to were U of Washington and USC. Rejected at the Ivies, Cal and Stanford. Wait listed at Northwestern, Duke, Vanderbilt and UCLA. And I suspect he only got in to USC because he was a National Merit scholar. Meanwhile his classmate who happns to be Native and LGBT scores a 20 and gets a free ride to Stanford.  I guess social engineering is more important than merit in academics these days.

14 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

People that think they know what cool mid-1980’s dress shorts are.

You know.... with all of the shit I give you on a regular basis, I am impressed by the fact that you've leaned in on the dress shorts thing.

12 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Was that the late season game after the USC game? I was at that game, didn't thaw out till after Truckee even with the heater on full blast.

Hubbard kneeling on the one! The wind was awful.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.