Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Harsin urged BSU to leave the MWC

15 hours ago, nvspuds said:

The MW would likely waive any exit fees..This is a divorce almost everybody wants..Boise hates the MW and the other schools don't dig lawsuits..

This is a "probably not" scenario.  Regardless of where everyone's emotions are on this, losing Boise State will cost the MWC significant $$$'s and they won't be waiving the exit fee because everybody would be "happier" with Boise State gone. 

The MWC will follow the exit clause to the letter, especially when it comes to revenues owed.

9 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I like the MWC as much as anybody, but you have completely lost the plot if you think Boise State was "begging" to join THIS Conference. We wanted to join the MWC that included BYU/TCU/Utah.

Hell look around; we were already in "this" Conference. 

Fact is Boise is a good conference mate in many ways and will be in all ways once they get to the level they are striving for (top).  Striving to better the conference they're in first (the HBowl) then moving when they realize it's as good as it's going to get and it's now holding them back. 

1 minute ago, SparkysDad said:

This is a "probably not" scenario.  Regardless of where everyone's emotions are on this, losing Boise State will cost the MWC significant $$$'s and they won't be waiving the exit fee because everybody would be "happier" with Boise State gone. 

The MWC will follow the exit clause to the letter, especially when it comes to revenues owed.

I agree..It will cost money in the long run..  I do think you are naive if you think all the schools you are suing are totally cool with Boise..This is the sort of thing that destroys healthy relationships. 

9 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Boise fans used to flood this board begging to  be invited to this conference and look at them now. 

It really is unfortunate we have a nutless Commish, I would respond that Boise needs to act or STFU. Tired of hearing them bitch and whine every goddamn week.  They can be replaced and we can move on. 

Yes, back when Utah, TCU and BYU were in the conference. It's like that really hot girl you wanted to date in high school, then she starts flirting with you via texting just before the 10-year class reunion.  You show up, ready to party and she's 100 pounds heavier and wearing too much makeup!

We want to leave this conferenc because it's basically become the old WAC v2.0!

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

I agree..It will cost money in the long run..  I do think you are naive if you think all the schools you are suing are totally cool with Boise..This is the sort of thing that destroys healthy relationships. 

The bread lines in Reno will be miles long once Boise fans no longer flood your economy with our wealth every 4 years.

Relationships.  Fan relationships will always stink.   These presidents have no relationship with Tromp or Boise.  Tromp is new and making pals in a Pandemic is tough.  These presidents were all absent when the TV/Boise return agreement was made.  They have no affinity for it.  To call the MWC relationship with Boise Healthy is a stretch.  It's contentious.

4 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

On a relationship level, fully agree that there's a lot to "hate" about having Boise State in this conference. But you're welcome for the checks!

Just now, roughrider said:

Relationships.  Fan relationships will always stink.   These presidents have no relationship with Tromp or Boise.  Tromp is new and making pals in a Pandemic is tough.  These presidents were all absent when the TV/Boise return agreement was made.  They have no affinity for it.  To call the MWC relationship with Boise Healthy is a stretch.  It's contentious.

Could not agree more..I think it has always been contentious even when Boise was still in the WAC.  Boise has been pissed for years..

Guest #1Stunner
18 minutes ago, ashnel said:

This story was posted on Yahoo sports.   BSU has never been a good conference member.  When things fail wherever they go, the MWC should not take them back.  Their Olympic sports will suffer when they leave the MWC.   BSU fans will have to accept that fact.  San Jose State, Nevada, and Fresno State all appear to be on the upward trend so I don't think the MWC will miss BSU in the long run.  

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/boise-state-coach-told-school-admins-to-leave-the-mountain-west-after-football-season-was-postponed-232521940.html

It does make the MWC look bad, and "less than" (since the MWC has argued for years that they are on par with or better than the AAC).

Not sure why Harsin sent all these emails, which were bound to become public.   He should have just had direct conversations with the President and AD.

As far as the MWC, the problem is that no other schools besides Boise and SDSU seem to step up to compete for the NY6.   The AAC has more schools consistently in the Top25 than the MWC.

Guest #1Stunner
15 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

UCSD makes it 12. No room. 

In other news... Look! Boise State is trying to apply leverage!

I count 11 in the BIG WEST with UCSD

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The bread lines in Reno will be miles long once Boise fans no longer flood your economy with our wealth every 4 years.

We'll be saving big $$$'s from not having to clean blood from our steps; hazardous waste is a bitch.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

It does make the MWC look bad, and "less than" (since the MWC has argued for years that they are on par with or better than the AAC).

Not sure why Harsin sent all these emails, which were bound to become public.   He should have just had direct conversations with the President and AD.

As far as the MWC, the problem is that no other schools besides Boise and SDSU seem to step up to compete for the NY6.   The AAC has more schools consistently in the Top25 than the MWC.

More reason for Boise to leave..

Guest #1Stunner

More reason for Boise to leave..

Boise fans need to accept that other sports would be BIG WEST (at best), or WAC.

They don't seem willing to accept that.

34 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Boise fans need to accept that other sports would be BIG WEST (at best), or WAC.

They don't seem willing to accept that.

Football only fans, and we have a ton of them, accept it.   Men's hoops fans do not.  Not sure there are any oly fans left.

8 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Football only fans, and we have a ton of them, accept it.   Men's hoops fans do not.  Not sure there are any oly fans left.

I am one.  I watch every VB game that streams as well as every track/XC event I can.

Emma Bates and Ostrander are two of my favorite Broncos in any sport, ever.

18 hours ago, mugtang said:

The last two weeks without a BSU game hasn’t been great for board traffic.  NO MORE RATIONAL THOUGHTS!

2020 has been really hard on tBSUf

Best Buy Parking Lot Beatdown by the tabernacle choir boys, in Nampa no less.

Getting bullied online by the computer club nerd (sjs) after chickening out to said nerd's challenge.

Being covid shamed everybody else.

Say what you want about Chris Petersen, but he knows when it's time to gtfo of Dodge.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

Cheer up Boise fans.  This is the exact same treatment BYU got while here - the conference reneging on agreements, resentment, delusional moron fans screeching “JUST LEAVE” thinking the conference is actually better off without you, etc.  So funny to see history repeat itself.  Good riddance I say.

v0icAvfW.jpg