Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

MUH FREEDOMS!

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

Quippy responses dont change the fact that all those people did what many on here say good, not-guilty americans do when the authorities tell them to do something. Back when america was great!

You’re right, resorting to violence, riots, and looting would have really done them a lot of good. Perhaps it was on their persecuted counterparts in Europe as well for not recognizing violent means of direct change would have been their savior.

Or maybe they needed better lawyers, judges committed to the rights laid out within the law, and fellow citizens who valued the law enough not to elect tyrants for life. Nah you’re right, it was the stereotypical orderliness of Japanese Americans that was to blame.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

If the Japanese all had tricked out tommy guns and organizes into militias the government probably thinks twice about rounding them up and sending them to camps.

Those who don't learn from history may end up repeating.  It is your civic duty to own several scary black guns!

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If the Japanese all had tricked out tommy guns and organizes into militias they government probably thinks twice about rounding them up and sending them to camps.

Those who don't learn from history may end up repeating.  It is your civic duty to own several scary black guns!

I really doubt it. If the government is committed to putting you into camps for possibly being foreign agents of a nation that sneak attacked us, and the rest of the people are pretty cool with that, racial militias are going to look more like a 5th column than minute men.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I really doubt it. If the government is committed to putting you into camps for possibly being foreign agents of a nation that sneak attacked us, and the rest of the people are pretty cool with that, racial militias are going to look more like a 5th column than minute men.

Maybe.  Woud there still have been the will to do it if it meant armed resistance?  Probably.

image.png.9bd604e857d2456d743a77c5caa43c83.png

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Maybe.  Woud there still have been the will to do it if it meant armed resistance?  Probably.

image.png.9bd604e857d2456d743a77c5caa43c83.png

Not probably, definitely. That generation fought the enemy in crocodile infested swamps. A bloody resistance in their own streets would have been much more horrible than the disgrace that did occur.

Sane people...Hey, wear a mask to help stop the spread of a virus so we can get shit back to normal faster for everyone.

Libertarians... No thanks, Japanese internment and all.

Just now, toonkee said:

Sane people...Hey, wear a mask to help stop the spread of a virus so we can get shit back to normal faster for everyone.

Libertarians... No thanks, Japanese internment and all.

I'm still trying to figure out how we got from wearing a goddamned mask to the comparisons to Japanese internment. 

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Not probably, definitely. That generation fought the enemy in crocodile infested swamps. A bloody resistance in their own streets would have been much more horrible than the disgrace that did occur.

OT- do you think Ramree island really went down that way?  Crazy.

Just now, retrofade said:

I'm still trying to figure out how we got from wearing a goddamned mask to the comparisons to Japanese internment. 

Same way Trump gets to Nazi.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

A democrat brought up WW2 comparisons?

They have a habit of doing that.  Hitler, Stalin, Fascism, Nazis and so on

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I love AOC’s tits.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You just gave @UNLV2001 a tiny boner with that pic. And you made @Spaztecs really moist. 

As much as I admired FDR for some of the New Deal, his silence on Jim Crow and the Rape of West Coast Japanese citizens was a dark moment of his Admin and American History.

Oddly, most Japanese-Americans in Hawaii were not rounded up nor did they have their property seized. Probably because they were the manual labor force for the Military on Oahu.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

OT- do you think Ramree island really went down that way?  Crazy.

I never heard of that one. I don’t know a lot about the ins and outs of the pacific theatre. I’ve heard enough from all sides to convince me that it suuuuuuuuccckked.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I never heard of that one. I don’t know a lot about the ins and outs of the pacific theatre. I’ve heard enough from all sides to convince me that it suuuuuuuuccckked.

Retreating Japanese soldiers went through the mangroves swamp.  The blood and screams atttacted crocs.  Almost all died.  Soldiers reported hearing the distant screams of the Japanese getting eaten alive all night.

7 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

As much as I admired FDR for some of the New Deal, his silence on Jim Crow and the Rape of West Coast Japanese citizens was a dark moment of his Admin and American History.

Oddly, most Japanese-Americans in Hawaii were not rounded up nor did they have their property seized. Probably because they were the manual labor force for the Military on Oahu.

His “silence?” JFC+LOL.

EDIT: never mind. I read it wrong. I thought you were saying “silence” on the internment camps that he ordered.

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

His “silence?” JFC+LOL.

What terminology would suit your politically sensitive emotions this morning ?

Hmmmmmm ?

How about his condoning of these actions.

Americans Mayor

Just now, Spaztecs said:

Hmmmmmm ?

Read my edit.

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

Not sure why Japanese Americans are not running around the country tearing down FDR statues.

They don't want to draw attention to themselves ?

:shrug:

Americans Mayor

4 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Hmmmmmm ?

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Read my edit.

@NVGiant is this misunderstanding an Oxford comma situation or does that only apply to lists of three or more?