Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Will you take the Vaccine as soon as it is available to you?

Vaccine - Will you take it when it is available to you?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Will you take the vaccine as soon as it is available to you.

4 minutes ago, Billings said:

Washington, California, Mississippi,  Maine, and New York, for example, all require vaccination other than for medical reasons for public schools

The dirty liberals in Texas require vaccines.  Public AND Private schools.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

With my being far from en essential worker or dealing with the public much ..........by the time I could even get the vaccine, most everyone else will already have it so by then it should have few if any issues .........so when I do get my chance to "come on down" I will do so gleefully :banana:

7 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

It's a start.  The only way to know for sure how long it lasts is....time.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

15 minutes ago, Billings said:

Washington, California, Mississippi,  Maine, and New York, for example, all require vaccination other than for medical reasons for public schools.  Many states have eliminated the personal belief option

California has recently been cracking down on doctors who are giving out mass exemptions. It's a pretty similar situation to the opioid crisis, where a few select doctors would give you what you want (for a price). Now all exemptions have to be put into a statewide database and are reviewed. All of a sudden those exemptions have stopped...

2 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

27 to 1 @Bob

We are going to hold yo ass down and give you the vaccine 

To hell with holding em' down.  I vote we put all the conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxxers and just stubborn folks like Bob on a big ole island and go 'The Most Dangerous Game' on their asses!  Who here is good with a tranqilizer gun?  Now that's how you vaccinate the dim witted.

31 minutes ago, Bob said:

Stupid logic. Influenza has killed way more people than polio has, too. I didn't hear you getting hysterical about people not getting the influenza vaccine in years past. Polio and other real diseases affect children and the young. Covid doesn't.

Covid doesn't disproportionately kill the young like polio. Huge difference in response is required for "diseases" that affect the young. Lots of people can't seem to come to terms with the fact that as you age you get close to death. It's life.

Again, take the vaccine if you want. If I were old, I would. It's 95+% effective so what does it matter if I take it.

EoVNflPUYAUfi4t?format=jpg&name=large

Nobody is hysterical, but you really are frighteningly oblivious. I mean, you do know how vaccines work, don't you? Let's put aside that you don't understand the difference between efficacy rate and effectiveness and try it this way. The worst year for polio in the U.S. was in 1952, when it killed 3,152 people. I don't know the age breakdown for that. But let's assume everyone was relatively young. How young is young enough for Bob to care about death? Younger than 44? Covid has killed 7,151 people in this group so far. Younger than 54? Just shy of 20,000. Younger than 64? That number swells to just shy of 60,000 people. And that compares to Polio's absolute worst year in the U.S.

As to the flu comparison, Covid has already killed three times as many Americans as the worst flu epidemic year in the last 100 years, and nearly 10 times as many as an average flu year. That said yes, get a flu shot, too. Don't be dumb, especially this year.

Obviously, you won't change your mind. So at some point, I have to blame myself for engaging you. You're either dumb, selfish, or simply a troll. Regardless, I can't imagine anyone having a lower standing on this board right now.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Stupid logic. Influenza has killed way more people than polio has, too. I didn't hear you getting hysterical about people not getting the influenza vaccine in years past. Polio and other real diseases affect children and the young. Covid doesn't.

Covid doesn't disproportionately kill the young like polio. Huge difference in response is required for "diseases" that affect the young. Lots of people can't seem to come to terms with the fact that as you age you get close to death. It's life.

Again, take the vaccine if you want. If I were old, I would. It's 95+% effective so what does it matter if I take it.

Once again Bob, we know. You don't give a shit about anybody but yourself. 

51 minutes ago, Bob said:

Four. Everyone is vaccinated with the the recommended vaccines. Vaccines against actual health risks are good

You seem to be a few short there. 

Which, I mean, I'm sure you're used to hearing, though likely followed by, "... fries short of a happy meal", or "... tacos short of a fiesta platter". No matter though. 

1 hour ago, RSF said:

It's a start.  The only way to know for sure how long it lasts is....time.

Yep but there also re memory and T-cells involved.  You may not need antibodies to retain some immunity as the body will remember how to make them quickly to deal with covid.

1 hour ago, Los_Aztecas said:

California has recently been cracking down on doctors who are giving out mass exemptions. It's a pretty similar situation to the opioid crisis, where a few select doctors would give you what you want (for a price). Now all exemptions have to be put into a statewide database and are reviewed. All of a sudden those exemptions have stopped...

Yes in SD it was determined that one doctor had given out 70% of all the medical exemption. She’d given out several thousand at $75 per. She’s not doing it any more...

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I am normally somewhat sympathetic to anti vaxers in the sense that I dont feel comfortable having them mandated by the state to get injections.  And I think there is some risk to an individual.  On the other hand the free rider dilemma has always bothered me with anti vaxers.  Because of course, the only reason they can not vaccinate is because the rest of us do.

I am having a hard time having any sympathy with anti vaxers in this instance.  I would support air travel and public education requiring Covid vaccination.

3 hours ago, Billings said:

Yep but there also re memory and T-cells involved.  You may not need antibodies to retain some immunity as the body will remember how to make them quickly to deal with covid.

And knowing that will take...time.  😉