Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Will you take the Vaccine as soon as it is available to you?

Vaccine - Will you take it when it is available to you?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Will you take the vaccine as soon as it is available to you.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

The vaccine has 95+% efficacy? I think that's high enough to absolve me from any sort of "civic duty" to contribute to herd immunity. I don't feel bad and won't be shamed into it.

If 30% of the population has the same line of thinking, that could make it interesting.  Perhaps a few more jobs, a few more months of restriction?  Pride is everything.

3 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

There are people who can't take that vaccine Bob. People refusing the vaccination puts them at risk.

Bob has made it very clear that he doesn't give a shit about anybody else. In Bob's world, it's all about Bob. Phuck everyone else. 

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

The vaccine has 95+% efficacy? I think that's high enough to absolve me from any sort of "civic duty" to contribute to herd immunity. I don't feel bad and won't be shamed into it.

People with no shame can't be shamed.

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

As much as I want 5G in my bloodstream, I'll pass.

Please tell me that’s a troll post....

Knowing what we know, Bob isnt going to be convinced to make any major leap that doesnt fit into his narrow world view.

Baby Steps.

what-about-bob.jpg

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Please tell me that’s a troll post....

Oh God, I hope not. I didn't think I could have less respect for Bob than I do right now. If it comes out that he believes in the 5G conspiracies, I'll get to experience it dropping even further. It might even get to negative levels. 

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, Bob said:

Bob, it sounds like you are NOT anti-vaccine, but that you are just being stubborn. 

I can appreciate that, and probably stems in part from your being a Wyoming'ite (Cowboys don't like to be told what to do), but seriously, please just follow the advice of the health professionals.   

If they are asking the public to be vaccinated, it is for the best.   The faster we can get things back to normal, the better for everyone.   

I assume that the enlisted men and women in the military are all young and healthy like yourself, but I'm sure they will all be vaccinated. 

Guest #1Stunner

I'm hoping that many of the Democrats on the board have reconsidered their earlier stance that they will refuse to get vaccinated, because of their belief that supposedly Trump messed with the vaccine development.

In Big Pharma we trust....

I don't care that the vaccine came out under Trump's Presidency.   I think it is safe, and doubt Trump messed with it.

We need to set politics aside, and trust the science on this one. 

59 minutes ago, Bob said:

27 to 1 @Bob

We are going to hold yo ass down and give you the vaccine 

51 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Bob, it sounds like you are NOT anti-vaccine, but that you are just being stubborn. 

I can appreciate that, and probably stems in part from your being a Wyoming'ite (Cowboys don't like to be told what to do), but seriously, please just follow the advice of the health professionals.   

If they are asking the public to be vaccinated, it is for the best.   The faster we can get things back to normal, the better for everyone.   

I assume that the enlisted men and women in the military are all young and healthy like yourself, but I'm sure they will all be vaccinated. 

Nah, I think it stems from him being an ignorant misanthrope. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

Good thing it’s a free country and I have the right to refuse a vaccine against a disease so insidious that the majority of the time you have to get tested to know if you even have it, has killed .01% of the world’s population,  and that I have 99.997 % chance of surviving. AMERICA!! 

Others have the right to get an awesome vaccine that’s 95+% effective. America the free

Yep where Airlines are free to not let you fly on their planes without a vaccination,  schools are free to not let kids attend without a vaccine, and there will be more like that.  Perhaps visiting a hospitalized individual or even visiting a nursing home. .  Freedom and Responsibility are hand in hand

21 minutes ago, Billings said:

Yep where Airlines are free to not let you fly on their planes without a vaccination,  schools are free to not let kids attend without a vaccine, and there will be more like that.  Perhaps visiting a hospitalized individual or even visiting a nursing home. .  Freedom and Responsibility are hand in hand

This is how it’s going to be. Private companies will require it of their workers. Good luck Bob!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

26 minutes ago, Billings said:

I had to get a yellow fever vaccine in order to get back into Costa Rica from Colombia.  I would not be surprised if they start making the vaccine mandatory for international travel.   I wouldn't be opposed to them getting rid of that old passport book and just giving you a card the size of a license.  I hate that effing book...can't keep it in you wallet.  

Posted Image

You can be fairly sure that any foreign travel will have strings attached once the vaccine distribution starts in earnest.  We went to Belize during during the 2003 SARS outbreak, which was much, much smaller, and we had to jump thru hoops just to get off the tarmac and into the terminal.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

28 minutes ago, Bob said:

Since they deny anti-vaxx kids schooling now. Kids not vaccinated against actual diseases such as polio. lol. I doubt any of this will come to pass. If so, then I'll grudgingly get the vaccine

If polio were to resurface in the US we can do the vaccine quickly.  Polio is still a problem in parts of the world.   I can almost guarantee you old folks will not be admitted into a nursing home without a vaccination or a valid medical reason.  Many companies, like medical companies, will require a vaccination to be employed as well.

Relax Bob some old fashioned process vaccines grown on eggs are coming just for you.

Anti-vax parents deny their kids a public education as well as and many private schools.  It is a personal choice "they" make..

45 minutes ago, Bob said:

Since they deny anti-vaxx kids schooling now. Kids not vaccinated against actual diseases such as polio. lol. I doubt any of this will come to pass. If so, then I'll grudgingly get the vaccine

Hey Bob. Polio is an awful disease that affects mostly children, which is why it is so particularly devastating. My grandfather got it as a teenager and it affected him his entire life. But quick question for you. In the U.S., which disease has killed more people? Covid in 10 months or Polio in the 81 years between 1910 and 1991, the year when the last Polio death in the U.S. was recorded?  

Some more fun facts about Polio to think about while you answer that:

72 percent of all polio cases are asymptomatic. Of those who do get symptoms, a quarter suffer from mild flu-like symptoms. A small percentage (1 of 200) of those with the disease get the most severe form, which causes paralysis. Of that .5% of disease sufferers, about 2%-10% die.

In other words, that's not a real disease according to the Bob's School of Epidemiology and Finger Painting. So no need to take a vaccine. Right?

30 minutes ago, Bob said:

Where are kids denied public education if they are not vaccinated? I'm not aware of any place that you can't just claim a personal or religious exemption and send your kid to public school, anyway.

Washington, California, Mississippi,  Maine, and New York, for example, all require vaccination other than for medical reasons for public schools.  Many states have eliminated the personal belief option