Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU to play Coastal Carolina Chanticleers on the world famous "The Teal"!

Guest #1Stunner

This is amazing!!  9-0 BYU to play 9-0 Coastal Carolina this Saturday.  Both ranked. ESPN College game day will be in attendance.  

We are the Sun Belt KINGS!!!

This is also amazing as "the Teal" turf is world renowned.

Little known Facts about "the Teal".

1.  Sea Birds have actually mistaken the Teal for the ocean and have died trying to land on it.

2.  Tourists from as far away as Europe have traveled to Myrtle Beach to see the Teal.

3.  The Teal is beloved by ESPN and recruits.

4.  The Teal was reportedly the inspiration for Boise's Smurf Turf, "the Blue".

This will be historic.  Can't wait!!!

th?id=OIP.-ZCyE42GohEImSfgVyHEyQHaE8%26p

th?id=OIP.jxdG4pzCgoDAorcejFI5SQHaEK%26p

Go Cougs!

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

This is amazing!!  9-0 BYU to play 9-0 Coastal Carolina this Saturday.  Both ranked. ESPN College game day will be in attendance.  

We are the Sun Belt KINGS!!!

This is also amazing as "the Teal" turf is world renowned.

Little known Facts about "the Teal".

1.  Sea Birds have actually mistaken the Teal for the ocean and have died trying to land on it.

2.  Tourists from as far away as Europe have traveled to Myrtle Beach to see the Teal.

3.  The Teal is beloved by ESPN and recruits.

4.  The Teal was reportedly the inspiration for Boise's Smurf Turf, "the Blue".

This will be historic.  Can't wait!!!

th?id=OIP.-ZCyE42GohEImSfgVyHEyQHaE8%26p

th?id=OIP.jxdG4pzCgoDAorcejFI5SQHaEK%26p

Go Cougs!

This epitomizes why you are a world class troll. Well done. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seriously though, this was a good move by both programs.  

It's about as good as you can ask for, since the P5 teams have largely circled the wagons. The B1G and SEC have no OOC games. The ACC and Big 12 played some but it was only one. The PAC will play if you meet their criteria and don't mind waiting to see if their teams free up by Thursday that week. To get an unbeaten opponent who's ranked in the CFB playoff rankings this late in the year is about the best you can get. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

So BYU turns down P5 power Washington to play Coastal Carolina who is having their first good year since the move up from FCS?

K then...

Coastal looks like a good team this year but for most fans (The majority who doesn't hang out on sports boards) this isn't gonna impress anyone. Well done on the troll job though. I laughed.

You still beating that drum?  Fun stuff.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I thought this was funny though I don't agree with it all, still funny. 

@mugtangdon't be grumpy with me, but I still don't know how to imbed twitter images like a grown up message boarder. Can you help me? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

20 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

So BYU turns down P5 power Washington to play Coastal Carolina who is having their first good year since the move up from FCS?

K then...

Coastal looks like a good team this year but for most fans (The majority who doesn't hang out on sports boards) this isn't gonna impress anyone. Well done on the troll job though. I laughed.

Always dropping infinite wisdom...

E5A28C96-69E4-4B60-8487-1E9ABB8AA116.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

14 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Name one that has asked for an OOC opponent?

We did.  Was trying to re-schedule SMU, but ended up with La Tech on the 12th.  Us and Baylor are the only B12 teams yet to play an OOC game, but BU has conference games scheduled on the 5th and 12th.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

17 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

And there are plenty of B1G and SEC teams who would probably want another game.

None are.  Because neither of those conferences is playing any OOC games.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

19 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I know how good Coastal is this year. But I'm just being honest, this just doesn't move the needle for most people including the ones who probably matter. It looks like a reaction to your ranking. And there are plenty of B1G and SEC teams who would probably want another game.

Wut.

Jesus dude.

17 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I know how good Coastal is this year. But I'm just being honest, this just doesn't move the needle for most people including the ones who probably matter. It looks like a reaction to your ranking. And there are plenty of B1G and SEC teams who would probably want another game.

B1G and SEC have not played any conference games this year.

BYU didn't duck Washington either. 

20 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

So is BYU the first college football team to play two away games on non-green field (though some will argue that teal IS green!)

We are going to play on all the dumb, crappy fields this year. Boise, Coastal Carolina, and the Rose Bowl.

15 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

https://twitter.com/YoTMills/status/1334292501121785858?s=20

@mugtangdon't be grumpy with me, but I still don't know how to imbed twitter images like a grown up message boarder. Can you help me? 

Haha

21 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

https://twitter.com/YoTMills/status/1334292501121785858?s=20

Lulz

9 minutes ago, RSF said:

We did.  Was trying to re-schedule SMU, but ended up with La Tech on the 12th.  Us and Baylor are the only B12 teams yet to play an OOC game, but BU has conference games scheduled on the 5th and 12th.

Interesting, when did TCU flip to the B1G/SEC?

9 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

We are going to play on all the dumb, crappy fields this year. Boise, Coastal Carolina, and the Rose Bowl.

So you think BYU will make the playoff?  Cuz the Rose Bowl is a semifinal.