Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Why can’t UNLV hire a coach

Dave Rice was fired way too early

Menzies was a panic hire. We flubbed that coaching search even with George Karl wanting the job. 

Menzies was fired pre-maturely probably, and that coaching search was flubbed too. Apparently, a group of boosters wanted Thad Matta and that hire was ready to go, but the AD wanted to run the search her own way and we ended up with Otzelberger. 

4 minutes ago, fbpack said:

I honestly hate to say this but I want you to be good rebels. This is on your administration you guys got Vegas the hot bed of recruiting the shinny pedigree. What the hell???

Worry about yourself and your joke of a coach.  San Fran just beat u by 50.  San Fran and this ain’t the 70s

11 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Worry about yourself and your joke of a coach.  San Fran just beat u by 50.  San Fran and this ain’t the 70s

The key difference we have a coach that is going to keep us at the top of the conference you guys don’t and haven’t in the last 10 years 

41 minutes ago, fbpack said:

I honestly hate to say this but I want you to be good rebels. This is on your administration you guys got Vegas the hot bed of recruiting the shinny pedigree. What the hell???

I think we'll steal your AD.. his wife wants to come back here anyway, I'm gonna talk to her brother tomorrow and have him tell her it's time.

But you can keep Alford..:D

5 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I know exactly who he is and you soon will too.  I feel sorry for you Reno scum

I feel sorry for you at least we have a relevant team a relevant program shit when is the last time you guys made the the dance? Hahaha man you guys messed up not trying to go after Alford lol

6 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Lmao 

In all fairness, Doug did say he would probably go somewhere else for a year or two first, so that he isn't coming directly here from there, because he doesn't want to make you guys feel bad. So it might take a minute, but we're stealing your AD. :D

But we're still not taking Alford. Did I mention that already?

47 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I think we'll steal your AD.. his wife wants to come back here anyway, I'm gonna talk to her brother tomorrow and have him tell her it's time.

But you can keep Alford..:D

His new wife? Did you ever stop to think that maybe that’s the reason he’s still here? 

38 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

In all fairness, Doug did say he would probably go somewhere else for a year or two first, so that he isn't coming directly here from there, because he doesn't want to make you guys feel bad. So it might take a minute, but we're stealing your AD. :D

But we're still not taking Alford. Did I mention that already?

UNLV fans smoke crack. Didn’t you guys sign musselman as well

56 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

His new wife? Did you ever stop to think that maybe that’s the reason he’s still here? 

His 'new' wife is originally from Mesquite/Logandale. I'll be seeing her brother tomorrow,

Plus, she probably wants to be part of the national champion cheer/dance team.. :shrug:

Just now, 4UNLV said:

His 'new' wife is originally from Mesquite/Logandale. I'll be seeing her brother tomorrow,

Plus, she probably wants to be part of the national champion cheer/dance team.. :shrug:

Yeah. I get that. I’m not sure you’re connecting the dots here. Before the new wife there was an old one...  plus. Pretty sure the new wife is a Nevada grad. 

1 hour ago, fbpack said:

UNLV fans smoke crack. Didn’t you guys sign musselman as well

No, but he did want the job. Timing is everything.

10 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Yeah. I get that. I’m not sure you’re connecting the dots here. Before the new wife there was an old one...  plus. Pretty sure the new wife is a Nevada grad. 

The new wife is the cheer coach for Nevada, and yes, she is a Nevada grad, and was a cheerleader there. Originally from Mesquite. Her late father has an elementary school named after him there, he was the principal when he passed away, when she was a little girl. Her mother is still there, she and her late husband were from Overton.

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s too early to make definitive judgments on Otz. Give it another year. Look at Wooden and Coach K’s first two years on the job. They weren’t anything to write home about. 

Duke fans/alumni signed a petition to fire K after his second year.

4 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

No, but he did want the job. Timing is everything.

The new wife is the cheer coach for Nevada, and yes, she is a Nevada grad, and was a cheerleader there. Originally from Mesquite. Her late father has an elementary school named after him there, he was the principal when he passed away, when she was a little girl.

Like Sandoval wanted to be the next Vegas president kind of situation? Envy is thick at branch campus.