Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Boise State and proposed district health orders

Read point #6 This is a proposed health order 

does this mean Bronco Football and Basketball are going going to have to find temporary homes away from Campus. 

Maybe ISU in Pocatello, or College if Idaho would let us rent their facilities. 🤷‍♂️ 

https://cdhd.idaho.gov/pdfs/boardofhealth/Orders/Order-Regarding-Restriction-District-Wide-DRAFT-12-02-20.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0ID6GHSuv1xVOtoQnk17l1SjRg7lh45Xx-s1JC-Z3bWdGkVDvLKOrWCTM

30 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

does this mean Bronco Football and Basketball are going going to have to find temporary homes away from Campus. 

Maybe ISU in Pocatello, or College if Idaho would let us rent their facilities. 🤷‍♂️ 

https://cdhd.idaho.gov/pdfs/boardofhealth/Orders/Order-Regarding-Restriction-District-Wide-DRAFT-12-02-20.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0ID6GHSuv1xVOtoQnk17l1SjRg7lh45Xx-s1JC-Z3bWdGkVDvLKOrWCTM

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

Screw our STUPID ASS Mayor McLean! Nothing more than a stupid ass Bitch!

Typical political BS.  "Look at us, we're doing something", even if it has no shot at making a difference.  They gotta' say they did something.

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Typical political BS.  "Look at us, we're doing something", even if it has no shot at making a difference.  They gotta' say they did something.

Some of these decisions leave you scratching your head. College athletes have less chance to spread the virus than the general public as they get tested every few days. 

If this goes through Boise State football and basketball may be making their home elsewhere like UNM if they have the money to do so.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Some of these decisions leave you scratching your head. College athletes have less chance to spread the virus than the general public as they get tested every few days. 

If this goes through Boise State football and basketball may be making their home elsewhere like UNM if they have the money to do so.

Meh, they feel obligated to do something.  I don't blame them for that, but they are so freaking stupid sometimes.  It appears that being 6 feet apart at tables in Boise is safe, but 6 feet apart at a bar top is dangerous.  And who knew that standing in a restaurant puts you and others at more serious risk than sitting? 

Take away the sports participation and kids (college, HS, etc.) will lose all motivation to follow any sort of protocols.  Cases will skyrocket in a basically unaffected population.  Pull kids out of school and you lose the ability to maintain their social distancing, but it feels like you're doing something.  These public health folks can't see the forest for their sacred trees.  The reaction to Covid is as bad as the virus itself, actually probably worse.

Stop blaming Mayor McLean for this.  It's not her fault that American society is filled with people who don't want to think of something greater than themselves.  People have become too selfish to the point where they don't care about how many people end up getting sick or dead.  "I don't care how many people die or get sick over something that we have no available treatment for, I want my sh--!"  For the record, I work at St. Luke's Medical Center just up the road from Albertson's Stadium, and I've seen many folks who have come down with the virus.  It's not pretty.

5 hours ago, justsurvive said:

Stop blaming Mayor McLean for this.  It's not her fault that American society is filled with people who don't want to think of something greater than themselves.  People have become too selfish to the point where they don't care about how many people end up getting sick or dead.  "I don't care how many people die or get sick over something that we have no available treatment for, I want my sh--!"  For the record, I work at St. Luke's Medical Center just up the road from Albertson's Stadium, and I've seen many folks who have come down with the virus.  It's not pretty.

This proposed health order doesn't have anything to do Mayor Mclean. It is from the district health board which is a state agency. 

I am doing the best I can in social distancing, wearing a mask etc. to prevent my self and others from coming to see you at St. Luke's. Thank you for all your hard work!!!!

16 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

This proposed health order doesn't have anything to do Mayor Mclean. It is from the district health board which is a state agency. 

I am doing the best I can in social distancing, wearing a mask etc. to prevent my self and others from coming to see you at St. Luke's. Thank you for all your hard work!!!!

A state agency run by the republicans.  Irony

4 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I don't think it matters if you do social distancing or wear a mask. I caught it and I tried my best to be safe. But Covid sucks. It has been more than a month for me and I still have some symptoms. I can't smell, nothing taste right, I still get chest pains, and I get Covid Toe on and off.

It matters to some degree or the epidemiologists wouldn't be demanding it.  They aren't interested in politics.  I got it too, last February before the US admitted it was here in December.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

The Brits are already taking the vaccine. Why aren’t we? Our bureaucrats aren’t even meeting to discuss it until December 10th. Meanwhile another 10,000 will be dead. 

Odds are they are waiting for the pharma corporation(s) that they are beholden to, in order to maximize their profits and donations back to party.