Bob

Time to clean up elections?

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Oh my gosh. Transportation? How could a poor minority ever figure it out? Your whole post was laughable.

Hey guess what, you know who never has any transportation problems? Those who vote by mail :thumbsup:

Get used to it, it's probably here to stay.

5 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

The Mueller report found that no one from the Trump campaign knowingly colluded with he Russians in 2016. Here is a portion of an article from the WSJ with the link below:

The special counsel has previously charged dozens of Russian entities and individuals in a two-pronged attack of disinformation and hacked computers in 2016, and found repeated contacts between Russia-linked entities and Trump campaign officials that coincided with those efforts before the election. But Mr. Mueller didn’t establish that anyone affiliated with the GOP presidential campaign knowingly conspired with those efforts, the report said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mueller-report-release-11555590084

It is very simple left wing zealots in 2016 tried to undercut the results of the election through use of the "Russian Collusion' accusations. 

The current right wing zealots are doing the same thing by promoting a phony election fraud conspiracy.

Rationalize it any way you want to , but each side is guilty in not accepting, and actively working to overturn a fair election. I know this is a sensitive topic for you because you fell for it hard.

On one hand we have the nation's intel agencies saying Russia meddled in the election all the while Trump proxies are meeting with them and the campaign benefits from the Russian hack of dnc computers. Roger Stone goes to prison lying about this to protect Trump but somehow investigating this is overturning the election.

On the other hand we have the sitting president actually trying to literally overturn the election with zero evidence and zero credible leads and his own AG telling him there's nothing there.

totally the same thing.

But let's play along. In your line of reasoning anything intended to check a president, or perhaps even soften his support, is "overturning the election". Hogwash, poppycock and malarkey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

On one hand we have the nation's intel agencies saying Russia meddled in the election all the while Trump proxies are meeting with them and the campaign benefits from the Russian hack of dnc computers. Roger Stone goes to prison lying about this to protect Trump but somehow investigating this is overturning the election.

On the other hand we have the sitting president actually trying to literally overturn the election with zero evidence and zero credible leads and his own AG telling him there's nothing there.

totally the same thing.

But let's play along. In your line of reasoning anything intended to check a president, or perhaps even soften his support, is "overturning the election". Hogwash, poppycock and malarkey.

kinda harsh language 

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 2
9 hours ago, tspoke said:

Show me evidence of illegals and dead people voting. 

Provide government IDs to all citizens free of charge through the mail when you turn 18 and I have no problem with voter ID laws.

Problem is homeless people and many on reservations have no physical adress

• Like 2

Skipped to the last page.

Yes, the Russian collusion narrative undermined the integrity of a campaign and POTUS unfairly.  That is completely different than undermining the faith in the voting process by convincing tens of millions there are shadowy figures coordinating with the deep state to pull off a complicated nonsensical scheme and if they dare get away with, there will never be a fair election again.

One was stupid and lead to stupid and hurt the country.  The later makes me weep for my (future) children.  Gradation indeed.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Billings said:

Homeless yeah.  As somebody who has spent a lot of time recreating at invitation on reaervations while some do not have their own physical address they live, that percentage almost all have a mailing address. If they do not there would be no shortage of people on the reservations that would let them use their place of residence as a mailing adress and even claim a utility or two for the purpose.

12 hours ago, Billings said:

I agree and don't think it is needed as I don't think there is a problem with the voting process or we don't need voter ID laws. It is a solution looking for a problem but if people demand voter ID laws they need to provide IDs free and easy to everyone.

56 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Poor @Bob out there buying bull crap by the truckload............has to be weird living behind those eyes with that brain :hmmm::unsure: & trying to function in life :wacko:

Also, bring it to court if it's legit fraud evidence. 

But it's not, so they don't.

This is all a show for donations.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The goal here is to win the court of public opinion so that enough people question it to make it hang there for the next four years. They played the same game with the Russia investigation as well as the impeachment.

27 minutes ago, toonkee said:

trump is cleaning up off the gullible suckers donating to his "defend the vote" scam.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

The goal here is to win the court of public opinion so that enough people question it to make it hang there for the next four years. They played the same game with the Russia investigation as well as the impeachment.

Basically.  My entire family thinks the election was riddled with fraud.  So frustrating.

16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Basically.  My entire family thinks the election was riddled with fraud.  So frustrating.

Are you adopted?

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The vast majority of mine does as well, quite unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The vast majority of mine does as well, quite unfortunately.

We did a family zoom meeting on Thanksgiving.  They were all in agreement that there were shady things that took place.  My uncle then went on to change the subject to how the royal family killed Epstein, which admittedly makes a lot more sense.

Being that I was stoned, it was still nice to hear them all again.

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

David Brooks on PBS Newshour was just talking about the difficulty Psychologists have documented concerning convincing conspiracy types they are wrong. Confronting them with facts just makes them hunker down deeper in their conspiracy world. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The only thing we need to clean up about election is to make sure some future huckster won't be successful in the future having legislatures, house,  or courts overturn the state's popular votes.   The fact that was even a hypothetical is scary.