Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV vs Alabama - Maui Invitational

5 points off the bench with 3 coming in final 30 seconds

Grill hotter than hell kept UNLV in the game but one guy can't carry the load for 40 minutes

Starters going to be gassed tomorrow since few bench minutes played tonight

Can see UNLV losing tomorrow & to Kansas St for a 0-5 start 

Lack of height & any post game will be tough for this roster to overcome

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Grill hotter than hell kept UNLV in the game but one guy can't carry the load for 40 minutes

Kansas State is probably the worst team we’ll play through Saturday other than Montana State.

Just now, ph90702 said:

Kansas State is probably the worst team we’ll play through Saturday other than Montana State.

Davidson...............Kansas St..............Eastern Washington...................Pepperdine rounds out the non-conference schedule

Don't see this UNLV team being a favorite in any one of these games 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Rebels made progress today with Coleman adding to their ability to attack the rim.  That was sorely lacking in the first two games.  

Somehow they have to figure out a way to develop a productive bench; way too many minutes for Hamilton, Grill, Coleman, and Diong. Right now its pretty much a 6-man rotation and the 6th man (Wood) doesnt really bring much.

I highly doubt we go 0-7 in non-conference play.  I will NEVER post here again if that happens.  I WON’T visit the website either.

So, I’m putting ya’ll in a tough spot.  I know most of you hate me, but do you hate me enough to want UNLV to lose?

Thank God I didn’t buy this website.

I gotta say I know it's only 3 games in, but I'm tremendously disappointed with what I've seen so far from the newcomers and just generally the way this team was constructed by TJ.  Really no excuse to be this bad and have such tremendous deficits in key areas, even though it's early in year 2.  Hope things get better but this is absolutely beyond imagination-awful.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

15 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

With little players off the bench other than Wood........UNLV's starters are going to be gassed with three straight game in three days 

STUPID to not play the bench in this situation.

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

And REALLY stupid to not play Blake at all. Or the others, for that matter. Put Martinez and Del Cadia in there to get some PT. Even Yap. Especially since a couple of starters are leaving a lot to be desired so far.

1 minute ago, Rebels2k3 said:

They'll still beat us by 10-15.

UNLV needs to be collectively hot shooting to win many games - One guy might keep a game interesting for awhile (like tonight) but to win it's going to take 3 hot hands in the game to give UNLV a chance to win.

UNLV has surrendered any inside game, so it is now all shooting 3's and maybe some dribble drive dish off plays 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

This Otz offense might have worked at SDSU, but he doesn’t have enough shooters to make it work at UNLV plus no inside game to worry about. 

Shooting isn’t there yet, but he’s brought in some.  Martinez or Del Cadia should get some run.

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

I highly doubt we go 0-7 in non-conference play.  I will NEVER post here again if that happens.  I WON’T visit the website either.

So, I’m putting ya’ll in a tough spot.  I know most of you hate me, but do you hate me enough to want UNLV to lose?

Thank God I didn’t buy this website.

No hate here, just a sore neck from shaking my head while reading you posts. like the Kansas St one now.

2 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Rebels made progress today with Coleman adding to their ability to attack the rim.  That was sorely lacking in the first two games.  

Somehow they have to figure out a way to develop a productive bench; way too many minutes for Hamilton, Grill, Coleman, and Diong. Right now its pretty much a 6-man rotation and the 6th man (Wood) doesnt really bring much.

Diong is an absolute stiff.

Very disappointed in what I've seen from Jenkins so far, we heard a lot about how amazing he is going to be for us.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png