Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

China lied and the World died

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

Why the propaganda then?

Protect their image.  Damage control.  It’s the same thing a company does when they have some bad PR. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

13 minutes ago, Bob said:

Why the propaganda then?

What @mugtangsaid. PRC has a lot more to lose than gain with something like this. I chalk it up to incompetence rather than some elaborate scheme.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

This line right here is dark comedy. 

However, though the documents provide no evidence of a deliberate attempt to obfuscate findings, they do reveal numerous inconsistencies in what authorities believed to be happening and what was revealed to the public.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

China (1400 million) still only reporting 86,000 cases and 4600 deaths.

Idaho (1.8 million) has more positive cases, and Connecticut (3.5 million) has more deaths.

If China had the same number of deaths per capita as the USA, they would be reporting over a million dead.

13 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Idaho (1.8 million) has more positive cases, and Connecticut (3.5 million) has more deaths.

If China had the same number of deaths per capita as the USA, they would be reporting over a million dead.

China lies is the takeaway of the article. Although I’m sure it helps to stop the spread when you weld people into their homes. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

China barricaded bridges, locked down whole towns, and literally drug people out of homes into quarantine..   I can see a lower count per capita in the US due to extreme measures to isolate people

2 hours ago, Billings said:

Or shockingly we could have followed the pandemic response plan that Bush and Obama put together rather then flying by the seats of trump's pants.  I agree with Mutang that China lied about a lot of this but they were quick to share genetic info on the virus and We really screwed up our response and it cost Trump the election.

I do remember reading a NYT’s article that quoted senior official that had their hands on the making of said response plan and stated it was outdated.  

2 hours ago, Billings said:

Or shockingly we could have followed the pandemic response plan that Bush and Obama put together rather then flying by the seats of trump's pants.  I agree with Mutang that China lied about a lot of this but they were quick to share genetic info on the virus and We really screwed up our response and it cost Trump the election.

Is Mutang a remote renegade province or some guru?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Is Mutang a remote renegade province or some guru?

Car made by Ford...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I also think they were +++++ing around with COVID-19 in that lab. No, I don’t think they manufactured it, it’s not a bio weapon. But I have my suspicions that they knew about this virus, were researching it, and accidentally lost containment of it. 

Yes, this is all anecdotal speculation on my part. 

I mean the one, single facility in all China that was researching Novel animal to human transmisable viruses just happened to be in Wuhan....

Your speculation has a lot of logic.

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I don’t believe they released it on purpose. 

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

China and the US worked together to develop and release the virus to kill off their respective older populations that they can't support long term. China's 1-child policy has created a rapidly aging population and slow growth over the past few decades, and the US has a social security solvency problem as retirees are living longer than ever expected and young workers paying into the system have seen stagnant wages. Both countries could greatly benefit from a "boomer remover" pandemic.

14 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

China and the US worked together to develop and release the virus to kill off their respective older populations that they can't support long term. China's 1-child policy has created a rapidly aging population and slow growth over the past few decades, and the US has a social security solvency problem as retirees are living longer than ever expected and young workers paying into the system have seen stagnant wages. Both countries could greatly benefit from a "boomer remover" pandemic.

Is it bad that I think maybe there is a remote possibility that this could true. I mean strange things have happened in history 

5 hours ago, mugtang said:

We failed massively.  I’m not excusing that.  I’m just saying that had China not lied to the world things probably would’ve turned out differently. What if the world knew in February China had significantly more cases than they reported?

Trump still would have denied it. He was laser focused on the economy and re-election.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

You know what might have helped?

A phucking Pandemic Response Team! Who's bright idea was it to get rid that?

Reaction GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor