Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

$150 million

Fools and their money are soon parted.

President Trump’s political operation has raised more than $150 million since Election Day, using a blizzard of misleading appeals about the election to shatter fundraising records set during the campaign, according to people with knowledge of the contributions.

The influx of political donations is one reason Trump and some allies are inclined to continue a legal onslaught and public affairs blitz focused on baseless claims of election fraud, even as their attempts have repeatedly failed in court and as key states continue to certify wins for President-elect Joe Biden.

Much of the money raised since the election is likely to go into an account for the president to use on political activities after he leaves office, while some of the contributions will go toward what’s left of the legal fight.

The people with knowledge of the fundraising amounts spoke on the condition of anonymity to disclose internal numbers. The Trump campaign declined to comment.

The surge of donations is largely from small-dollar donors, campaign officials say, tapping into the president’s base of loyal and fervent donors who tend to contribute the most when they feel the president is under siege or facing unfair political attacks. The campaign has sent about 500 post-election fundraising pitches to donors, often with hyperbolic language about voter fraud and the like.

“I need you now more than ever,” says one recent email that claims to be from the president. “The Recount Results were BOGUS,” another email subject line reads.

“Our democracy and freedom is at risk like never before, which is why I’m reaching out to you now with an URGENT request,” reads an email to donors from Vice President Pence. “President Trump and I need our STRONGEST supporters, like YOU, to join the Election Defense Task Force. This group will be responsible for DEFENDING the Election from voter fraud, and we really need you to step up to the front lines of this battle.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raises-more-than-150-million-appealing-to-false-election-claims/2020/11/30/82e922e6-3347-11eb-afe6-e4dbee9689f8_story.html

22 minutes ago, aztech said:

Geezus, what a grifter!  So all you Trumpists must make sure you donate $10 to Trump's "Defense Fund" before you drive to the food bank. LOL 

Posts like this really highlight why Trump and the GOP have become the party of the working poor.

You are part of the Trump problem.

57 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Posts like this really highlight why Trump and the GOP have become the party of the working poor.

You are part of the Trump problem.

Oh, please.  Every state has working poor and working rich.  Tell me, which group is more likely to fall for Trumps' mind control? 

5 minutes ago, aztech said:

Oh, please.  Every state has working poor and working rich.  Tell me, which group is more likely to fall for Trumps' mind control? 

Probably the group people like you mock.  And your mocking is a big reason why.  75 million people you clearly find to not be capable and if they are going through hard times, it is because they are stupid.

And you wonder why the working poor and lower middle class voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

26 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

For politicians, Jesus - think about scratch offs.  

We’re not allowed to have a lottery here, so I they think they are cool and I want that.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Probably the group people like you mock.  And your mocking is a big reason why.  75 million people you clearly find to not be capable and if they are going through hard times, it is because they are stupid.

And you wonder why th whye working poor and lower middle class voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

306 electoral votes says you're FOS.  Excuse me, did I call them stupid?  You did.  

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

I’ll give the Dipschitt In Office one thing - Dude had mastered the use of CAPS (annoying as that is).  The resultant parade of monetary gifts is proof positive of that (his followers must understand how IMPORTANT his messages are, don’t you know). Oh, and the fleecing of America, seemingly, legally...

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And you wonder why the working poor and lower middle class voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

Actually they vote overwhelming Republican.  The same party who had no concern exploding the deficit when it meant removing the estate tax for multi-millionaires and billionaires but now scream about the deficit when it means getting another $300 a month to the unemployed.   

I mean it’s pretty hard not to consider them stupid when they keep voting against their own self interest.   :shrug:

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

Actually the vote overwhelming Republican.  The same party who had no concern exploding the deficit when it meant removing the estate tax for multi-millionaires and billionaires but now scream about the deficit when it means getting another $300 a month to the unemployed.   

I mean it’s pretty hard not to consider them stupid when they keep voting against their own self interest.   :shrug:

The tax cut was popular with them.

As to your last paragraph.  Jeeesus, and I get called arrogant on here for clown +++++ing @NevadaFan

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The tax cut was popular with them.

As to your last paragraph.  Jeeesus, and I get called arrogant on here for clown +++++ing @NevadaFan

They didn’t understand it was temporary while the estate tax was not.   I get the last paragraph is harsh but I don’t have a better explanation.  I wish I did.  I don’t understand why these people don’t read a wider range of information.  Perhaps you prefer willfully ignorant?   :mellow:

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

They didn’t understand it was temporary while the estate tax was not.   I get the last paragraph is harsh but I don’t have a better explanation.  I wish I did.  I don’t understand why these people don’t read a wider range of information.  Perhaps you prefer willfully ignorant?   :mellow:

Who’s going to vote against extending them? 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They were brainwashed by RW media.

Period.

Trump has spoken often of his admiration for Andrew Jackson. Trump just like Jackson Championed the Working classes. But just like Andy the working classes are worse off and further behind the curve than when they took office.

Within months of AJ leaving office, the Economy tanked in the Crash of 1837 and its effects were the equivilant of the 2008 crash.

Some Legacy.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That said, nobody takes them for bigger fools than Trump himself.