Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev McQuervo

Upset Week

I know, quite the stretch- Lower Nevada always no matter what their record happens to be at the time, pulls an upset about every year...Hi Boise!

Nevada see Loss #2 -UH found the missing puzzle piece

6 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

I know, quite the stretch- Lower Nevada always no matter what their record happens to be at the time, pulls an upset about every year...Hi Boise!

Deny re: Rebs

UNLV's "upsets" typically occur v. SUDS. So not upsets at all #SUDSgonnaSUDS

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

23 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

So you think none of the schools we’ve beaten haven’t tried putting two deep safety’s to shut down the long bomb completions? Throughout a game, there’s always defensive changes going on that range from

1.  1 on 1 receiver coverage with no safety’s to flood the box to stop the run 

2. 2 deep safety’s to achieve double coverage on talented WR’s, but makes the running game more difficult to stop. 

We’ve had plenty of instances when there was 1 or 2 safety’s back there, and we still had long completions. The problem with the Hawaii game is that our guys just weren’t executing like they normally do. We’d be 0-6 if this were how we normally played. 

kat.jpg