Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BodyBagGame

Texas Southern @ Wyoming

32 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

That’s what happens when Covid forces players to miss time.  I believe Wyoming had 6 scholarship and 8 players total.  

All 8 who played are scholarship guys.

The big issue is there were only 2 returners last night, and 1 of them was in foul trouble (Thompson) and couldn't get anything going. I'd like to think Wyoming would have hung on and got the win if Marble and/or Foster were able to play.

Yeah we didn't have the legs down the stretch without Marble and Foster plus one other kid. It will be a growing year. I like what I see out of the team and they shouldlearn from this loss. Time to move on from this one and on to the next one. Its going to be interesting to see how they are playing by the end of the year.

TSU is on their annual 'Tour Of America To Fund Our Athletics'.  They wont play a home game until mid-January, and its not due to Covid.  They're no pushover most years.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

23 minutes ago, RSF said:

TSU is on their annual 'Tour Of America To Fund Our Athletics'.  They wont play a home game until mid-January, and its not due to Covid.  They're no pushover most years.

HBCUs used to take the check but Texas Southern has other aspirations, I think they got the old Pepperdine coach now their old coach went to Detroit or something like that. 

2 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

HBCUs used to take the check but Texas Southern has other aspirations, I think they got the old Pepperdine coach now their old coach went to Detroit or something like that. 

LSU.  Johnny Jones.  3rd year.  Before him the former Indiana coach Mike Davis was the guy.  He's the one who went to Detroit after multiple post season appearances.  They take the check, because it pretty much funds their whole program, but also they also feel it toughens them up for SWAC play.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Linder will get it going.  Will take another year or two after the disaster he inherited.

I feel like Wyoming might be like Leon's first year in the MW after Boise brought in a big recruiting class. Boise put many scares into some really good teams, but they ended up on the losing end more ofter than not. They did get an at-large bid the very next year and won the confrence on the backs of that class as SRs. Linder was the right hire

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

I feel like Wyoming might be like Leon's first year in the MW after Boise brought in a big recruiting class. Boise put many scares into some really good teams, but they ended up on the losing end more ofter than not. They did get an at-large bid the very next year and won the confrence on the backs of that class as SRs. Linder was the right hire

Only 3 conference wins that year with Marks, Drimic and co. being true freshman.

2 hours ago, RSF said:

LSU.  Johnny Jones.  3rd year.  Before him the former Indiana coach Mike Davis was the guy.  He's the one who went to Detroit after multiple post season appearances.  They take the check, because it pretty much funds their whole program, but also they also feel it toughens them up for SWAC play.

John Jones

6 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They did have 11 win OOC and the MW was ranked the #1 conference in the country that year

Close.  That season the MWC finished 5th in RPI.  The following season we earned 5 bids by finishing 3rd.  The highest ever for thr MWC.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Close.  That season the MWC finished 5th in RPI.  The following season we earned 5 bids by finishing 3rd.  The highest ever for thr MWC.

As I recall 5 bids with mostly poor showings. Hence the tumble began. 

steve_mcclain.jpg

MISS ME YET?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke