Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Suicide another toll of covid

19 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Serious question - how come we don’t have a yearly mental health check-up just like a yearly physical? 

Stigma.  I am going to share a storey.  I had just broken up with my girlfriend.  We spent 6 hours on the phone together until I fell asleep.  She killed herself the next day, pregnant with my child.  I lost my mind and was placed on a 72 hour hold by the police after being found 6 miles from my home.  No idea how I got there.  @mugtang and @BSUTOP25 are the only board members I have shared this with.

Mental health is an issue near and dear to me.  When I say I love you guys, I mean it.  After all this, I shuttered away.  My only socialization was this board for 5 months while I worked up the courage to engage in the world again.  This was 2016.

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Stigma.  I am going to share a storey.  I had just broken up with my girlfriend.  We spent 6 hours on the phone together until I fell asleep.  She killed herself the next day, pregnant with my child.  I lost my mind and was placed on a 72 hour hold by the police after being found 6 miles from my home.  No idea how I got there.  @mugtang and @BSUTOP25 are the only board members I have shared this with.

Mental health is an issue near and dear to me.  When I say I love you guys, I mean it.  After all this, I shuttered away.  My only socialization was this board for 5 months while I worked up the courage to engage in the world again.  This was 2016.

That’s rough man

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That's a very sad story and I am glad you pulled out of it and I definitely agree about stigma. I just don't think we know enough about mental illness to risk a misdiagnosis which then can become a self fulfilling prophecy situation. I think mandated mental health checks would not be effective and could result in more problems. 

That's why I think it is ridiculous to attribute suicides to a political decision and even worse to use a person dying to demonize or prop up a political view. People who do this need to punch themselves in the balls.

32 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Serious question - how come we don’t have a yearly mental health check-up just like a yearly physical? 

Because have the mental health industry professionals are nutters themselves.

110926run_defense710.jpg

13 minutes ago, Maji said:

That’s rough man

It is but it is not all bad.  We met in rehab.  She had overdosed several times and technically died once.  The damage that did to her made it very difficult to process things.  Her brain chemistry was permenantly changed and even when sober, battled crippling depression.  Now the not all bad part.  I tell this story a few times a year at rehab facilities.  I became an NA sponser.  I have mentored 11 people.  One died, one is in prison, the rest are sober.  

We walk through this world just once.  We have one chance to touch, to heal, to love.  I am certain this is the purpose for our creation. For carbon and water to become self aware 

Mental illness is no joke and if any of you just need to talk, PM me please.

2 hours ago, Maji said:

The story is about Japan, where COVID-19 deaths are extremely low. In the United States, excess mortality is around 300,000. The latest US suicide figures don't show a substantial rise. Even if the preliminary data is off, Suicide is NOT killing more Americans than COVID-19. Not even close.

Most states are not in strict lockdowns. When a suicide does occur, is it really fair to attribute it to COVID-19 restrictions?

Why doesn't the blame also go on Congress for not passing more (and better) stimulus bills?

COVID deaths are exaggerated because some of the people with co-morbidities “would have died anyway”, but every suicide in the world this year was clearly because of COVID restrictions despite countries dealing with the virus in different ways. I dunno, makes perfect sense to me!

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Damn dude.  I’m glad we were there for you and you feel comfortable enough to share it.   

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I am glad as well.  Do not think this admission means I will take it easy on you, friend.

Haha of course not but if you want to take the topic into drug addiction therapy I have a ringer.   Don’t know if you have heard of the Matrix model?  

It’s a treatment and therapy model based on the brain healing itself from Drug addiction and what happens in that process.   Well my mom and her husband at the time developed it.   She has consulted on it globally for 30 years or so.   

22 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Haha of course not but if you want to take the topic into drug addiction therapy I have a ringer.   Don’t know if you have heard of the Matrix model?  

It’s a treatment and therapy model based on the brain healing itself from Drug addiction and what happens in that process.   Well my mom and her husband at the time developed it.   She has consulted on it globally for 30 years or so.   

That is awesome and no I am not learned on it.  Send me some links 

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

good gracious i had no idea.

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

good gracious i had no idea.

It is ok.  It has helped make me who I am.  It is part of the reason I am so pro black justice.  I survived by the skin of my teeth.  If I had one more burden, like being born with the wrong pigment, I would not have made it.  It was touch and go and being a charming white boy in Idaho played to my advantage.

White privelge to me, means I had one less hurdle in the race to the grave.

I know this line of thought makes some of my peers uncomfortable on this board.

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It is ok.  It has helped make me who I am.  It is part of the reason I am so pro black justice.  I survived by the skin of my teeth.  If I had one more burden, like being born with the wrong pigment, I would not have made it.  It was touch and go and being a charming white boy in Idaho played to my advantage.

White privelge to me, means I had one less hurdle in the race to the grave.

I know this line of thought makes some of my peers uncomfortable on this board.

Facts are facts.

Congrats on overcoming your personal struggles and demons. I don't envy the path you walked, but admire your perseverance.

But, your still a Half-Ass.

:P

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Guest #1Stunner
18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sorry to hear this happened.