Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Suicide another toll of covid

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/28/asia/japan-suicide-women-covid-dst-intl-hnk/index.html

Trump warned of this. It’s killing more people than Covid. 

Who knows how many lives have been saved by the SEC and other conference who decided to play on along with pro sports. Liberals have a hard time understanding the real struggles that many Americans have.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 minutes ago, robe said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/28/asia/japan-suicide-women-covid-dst-intl-hnk/index.html

Who knows how many lives have been saved by the SEC and other conference who decided to play on along with pro sports. Liberals have a hard time understanding the real struggles that many Americans have.

Yes this is tragic. But there is more to this than the SEC playing fb.

It has Everything to do with their Culture and nothing to do with ours.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

13 minutes ago, robe said:

Japan has long had an issue with suicides and they have had less issues with Covid than us.  They also have not had full lock-downs.  While mental health in Covid is indeed an issue, your statement about suicides being more deadly than Covid is not accurate.   

perhaps this statue in Lebanon made from broken pieces of the bomb blast is a symbol for the world in a truly awful year.....

AC7CAE71-B1A0-48F6-A547-1CB2E8BD1B98.jpeg

19 minutes ago, robe said:

Liberals don't struggle too?

Suicide data, at least nationally, seems to have a fair time lag.  In Idaho, a high rate state, reports through August were stable (just over 2019 pace, but behind 2018)  But, I am fearing more for the young as this thing drags on into the dark months.  There are many localized reports (across the nation) of a rise in youth and young adult suicide.  A definite concern.

2 hours ago, robe said:

The story is about Japan, where COVID-19 deaths are extremely low. In the United States, excess mortality is around 300,000. The latest US suicide figures don't show a substantial rise. Even if the preliminary data is off, Suicide is NOT killing more Americans than COVID-19. Not even close.

Most states are not in strict lockdowns. When a suicide does occur, is it really fair to attribute it to COVID-19 restrictions?

Why doesn't the blame also go on Congress for not passing more (and better) stimulus bills?

How many lives would've improved if Congress listened to the experts at the Federal Reserve and passed additional stimulus?

"Liberals Conservatives have a hard time understanding the real struggles that many Americans have."

"The first time, she was just 22 years old with a full-time job in publishing that didn't pay enough to cover her rent and grocery bills in Tokyo. "I was really poor," said Kobayashi, who spent three days unconscious in hospital after the incident."

people not being able to keep up with the cost of living

obscene wealth concentration 

stagnant wages

not "oh life sucks i need to leave my house but i can't because the liberals say no because of the pandemic"

stop bailing out banks, airlines, investment firms, and companies and start bailing out people.

1 minute ago, AndroidAggie said:

"The first time, she was just 22 years old with a full-time job in publishing that didn't pay enough to cover her rent and grocery bills in Tokyo. "I was really poor," said Kobayashi, who spent three days unconscious in hospital after the incident."

people not being able to keep up with the cost of living

obscene wealth concentration 

stagnant wages

not "oh life sucks i need to leave my house but i can't because the liberals say no because of the pandemic"

stop bailing out banks, airlines, investment firms, and companies and start bailing out people.

Yer Libertarian streak is growing.  Mama Joe wanted 6k checks to every American and not one dime going to choosing winners and losers.

3 hours ago, robe said:

No trump killed people by not shutting down!   Period

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yer Libertarian streak is growing.  Mama Joe wanted 6k checks to every American and not one dime going to choosing winners and losers.

woulda been good for me.  send that to all the households, tell everyone to get take out or delivery, and stay home for a month and this thing is over.

Suicide now being used as a justification for "teams and shit." Completely disgusting. The lengths people will go to in order to prove superiority of a political party over another has reached a level that is getting animalistic. 

Trump warned us and librulz are killing us. I really hope this isn't real.

9 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Suicide now being used as a justification for "teams and shit." Completely disgusting. The lengths people will go to in order to prove superiority of a political party over another has reached a level that is getting animalistic. 

Trump warned us and librulz are killing us. I really hope this isn't real.

It is.  You have democrats screaming Trump killed 200k Americans and republicans shouting liberal policies are making kids blow their brains out.

Because our Health Insurance Providers don't want to pay for it ?

:shrug:

I know I'm reaching here.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor