Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Nevada @ Hawaii game thread

That’s a bullshit penalty. He slid head first. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Losing Peterson just sucked all the wind out of the defense. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, idkk said:

It was way after he was down

Don’t come at me with unbiased opinions. 

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Losing Peterson just sucked all the wind out of the defense. 

I think we need to recognize the situation better. We just lost the heart and soul of our defense, maybe not call timeout there.

oh well. At least we have a minute left to do something.

25 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Glad the defense held there.  Need the offense to stop shooting itself in the foot and put it in the end zone. 

Need the D to put a spy on Cordeiro.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

Hawaii’s defensive game plan is clearly to sag way back or stack the box. Only problem is that our run game has folded like a wet paper bag at the first sign of resistance.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

1 minute ago, BlueCheer said:

That penalty by Frost was huge. Remember Lee got down to the 3 yard line on that play. The way we're running we score there and this is a very different game

Yeah .... The game goes on.

Hawai'i gets the ball first. A big drive might be a killer even this early.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

3 minutes ago, BlueCheer said:

That penalty by Frost was huge. Remember Lee got down to the 3 yard line on that play. The way we're running we score there and this is a very different game

Yep. This will come down to the wire. I think any remaining touchdown drives for Nevada will be clock burners. Will need to get stops

Interesting chess match between the coaches.  Clearly Graham has committed the UH defense to blanketing the Nevada receiver corps in an all-out effort to avoid giving up big plays.  In response Norvell has adhered to the “take what the defense gives” philosophy by having the Wolf Pack offense grind out drives on the ground.  It will be interesting to see what adjustments are made at halftime.