Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Saturday + Sunday MWC Basketball

Pokes are unrecognizable from last year and cruise 97-61 over a bad MVSU team.

Only two players from last year saw the floor. Wyoming's freshman point guard is outstanding. Pokes have good size, athleticism and depth. Lots of scoring options for a change. 

Linder hire looks good. He brought in some young ballers. But they played a pretty terrible team.

2 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

Pokes are unrecognizable from last year and cruise 97-61 over a bad MVSU team.

Only two players from last year saw the floor. Wyoming's freshman point guard is outstanding. Pokes have good size, athleticism and depth. Lots of scoring options for a change. 

Linder hire looks good. He brought in some young ballers. But they played a pretty terrible team.

Arkansas beat Miss Valley State by 80.  North Texas beat them by 54.

And yes Linder was a good hire.

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Arkansas beat Miss Valley State by 80.  North Texas beat them by 54.

And yes Linder was a good hire.

Last year's Pokes would have squeaked by them in overtime. 

13 hours ago, The Brent Vigen Diet said:

In our opener last year we beat D2 North West Nazarene by 6 at home. 

My point exactly. The SWAC is equivalent to a .500 DII team. Northwest Nazerine is usually in the top 25 in DII and could beat most SWAC teams on any given night. Boise State has played NNU and College of Idaho many times over the years and they always give a better game than the Alabama States of the world. The SWAC doesn't have a single team close to .500 before they start conference play.

9 hours ago, Spot50B said:

My point exactly. The SWAC is equivalent to a .500 DII team. Northwest Nazerine is usually in the top 25 in DII and could beat most SWAC teams on any given night. Boise State has played NNU and College of Idaho many times over the years and they always give a better game than the Alabama State's of the world. The SWAC doesn't have a single team close to .500 before they start conference play.

The year before that we beat Dixie state by 2 at home. The point is, it’s been a few years since Wyo has come out and blown out a team they were supposed to easily win against. I can’t remember the last time the Pokes beat anybody by 30

10 hours ago, Spot50B said:

MVSU is the equivalent of a .500 DII  school. Wyoming would have beaten this team by a similar margin last year, honestly. I'm sure the team is improved, but this game isn't gonna tell you anything.

MVSU is known for one thing:  Jerry Rice.  That's it.