Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

Santa Clara county just paused all contact sports till Dec. 21

1 minute ago, idkk said:

Yeah, that's the point. All teams have to go outside of the county during this period.

Sigh...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I’m guessing the Nevada vs SJSU game will be played in Reno, assuming it’s played. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’m guessing the Nevada vs SJSU game will be played in Reno, assuming it’s played. 

I wish we could play it at Humboldt State. Our team spent two weeks there so it's kind of like a vacation home. ;)

BNG-L-SJSUFB-1013-01-03.jpg?w=525

14 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

I hope this doesn’t keep next week’s UH-SJSU game from being played.  If both teams stay healthy it should be possible to move it to an alternative venue.

Maybe in Carson (Los Angeles suburb) where we played San Diego State earlier this season, if it's available. Just a guess. 

SJSU

5 minutes ago, crixus said:

Maybe in Carson (Los Angeles suburb) where we played San Diego State earlier this season, if it's available. Just a guess. 

SJSU

We would have to move the whole team there for the rest of the season due to the mandatory quarantine due to travel that SCC instated.

38 minutes ago, idkk said:

We would have to move the whole team there for the rest of the season due to the mandatory quarantine due to travel that SCC instated.

Ventura Co. has had the lowest numbers of cases. Either at CLU's stadium or Ventura CC or Moorpark CC. No football is being played in the county currently. All have football fields available.

https://www.clusports.com/recruits/facilities/william-rolland/index

http://www.vcweplayhard.com/information/facilities/vc-sportsplex

http://moorparkcollegeathletics.com/athletic-facilities/

1 hour ago, idkk said:

Yep, travel into Santa Clara County from anyplace more than 150 miles away now carries a 14-day quarantine.  And moving the whole team to Carson or anywhere else for weeks at a time would be awfully expensive.

The solution might be as simple as moving SJSU practices and games up the road to College Heights Stadium at the College of San Mateo.  So far the new restrictions put into place by Santa Clara County haven't been imposed by San Mateo County.  And notably, San Mateo County wasn't mentioned in a press release issued today in which health officers from Alameda County, Contra Costa County, San Francisco County and the city of Berkeley expressed support for Santa Clara County's increased restrictions and said they might have to take similar actions:

https://covid-19.acgov.org/covid19-assets/docs/press/joint-release-2020.11.28.pdf

21 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I’m guessing SJSU cancels next two games and then flies to Boise again on 21st for the ship.

only need 4 games in conference to qualify.

If that is so, I would the MWC would have some say-so given its impact on the conference championship.  And if I were Nevada I'd be really, really pissed; they still control their own destiny if Nevada-SJSU is played.  If they beat Fresno and SJSU, they'd be in the CCG.  

5 hours ago, Ibanez said:

@SJSUMFA2013 Sucks doesn't it? Shit like this wouldn't of happened if schools/communities would of taken this shit more seriously.

This is taking it seriously. Protecting against the virus supersedes football. You can hardly blame San Jose state though. Zero positive tests. Can’t say the same for other teams.

San Jose St fans - New Mexico Lobo fans know exactly how you are feeling 😒...our basketball team is still trying to figure out a home. 

I hope you guys are able to get it figured out and finish the season as you're having a good one.

Here’s the latest info (basically wait and see):

No decision was made today on where — or if — Saturday’s football game between Hawaii and San Jose State will be played.

The scheduled game at CEFCU Stadium in San Jose is in jeopardy because of new quarantine rules that will be imposed for Santa Clara County beginning today. Health officials are prohibiting contact sports in practices and games for the next two weeks in the Bay Area county. The order also calls for incoming travelers from at least 150 miles outside the county to quarantine for 14 days.

San Jose State officials met with Santa Clara County health officials today. SJSU officials shared more than four months of COVID-19 protocols and test results. The New York Times had reported that SJSU’s 22 sports programs had seven positive test results — each asymptomatic — since late July.

“We are in a fluid situation with our football and basketball teams since their seasons are in progress,” SJSU athletic director Marie Tuite wrote in a statement distributed to the media. “We will make decisions on team practices and when and where our contests are being played in conjunction with university administration and the Mountain West.”

Source: https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/11/29/sports/no-decision-yet-on-football-game-between-hawaii-and-san-jose-state/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

38 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

There shouldn't be a championship game. No team has earned that right after playing 4-5 of the 12 teams in the conference. This year has been more like a couple of glorified scrimmages honestly.

Those glorified scrimmages produced a Boot for CSU and a Cannon for Nevada.

9 hours ago, ziggy29 said:

If that is so, I would the MWC would have some say-so given its impact on the conference championship.  And if I were Nevada I'd be really, really pissed; they still control their own destiny if Nevada-SJSU is played.  If they beat Fresno and SJSU, they'd be in the CCG.  

We blew it last night. No room to bitch about it if the virus cancels the game. Gotta take care of business when you can.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.